Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think we are all going to end up becoming 'Dragonsworn' it will be the next Maw Walker. We choose a Dragonflight and get themed transmog and abilities, like Covenants.
    I'm very hopeful that they took the covenant feedback to heart and will never repeat a system similar to it again.

I'd like to see Dragonsworn (or w/e it ends up as) be a full class with 4 specs that every race can be. Would effectively be a mail wearing Druid in the sense that it can fill all roles, but would obviously play totally differently.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Feel free to describe what a "dragonsworn" class is. Tinkers are at least actual classes already.
    Literally not a class lol. They're a 20 year old hero from a different game.

What ever they do it will be half ass and fucked up. Not a good sign so many developers leaving during 10.0 development. Another Lead Dev quit 3 days ago.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

"Dragonsworn was a class in the now non-canon tabletop game(though it's speculated that the various npcs that are guards for the dragons are dragonsworn). Basically they're similar to warriors but they channel draconic powers into their attacks granted to them by their patron."

Sounds better off as a spec for warrior or a skin for fury warrior, furry warrior already has an ability called Dragon Roar.

(Can't reply because I'm new)

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the EoA leak's version of dragonsworn the best. 4 specs with black as tank, blue as mdps, bronze as rdps, and red/green as heals.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxTheGamer View Post
    "Dragonsworn was a class in the now non-canon tabletop game(though it's speculated that the various npcs that are guards for the dragons are dragonsworn). Basically they're similar to warriors but they channel draconic powers into their attacks granted to them by their patron."

Sounds better off as a spec for warrior or a skin for fury warrior, furry warrior already has an ability called Dragon Roar.

(Can't reply because I'm new)
    All of their abilities in the tabletop were WAY different than what warriors can do.

I don't think 4th specs will happen unless they add one for each class. Besides, people are saying that creating 12 new specs is less work than creating a brand new class. Guys, come on...

God I hope, I have a lot of specific thoughts on this matter and have been working on them for actual years. All documented here (and also in the thread in my sig.)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Hy51XNXEMcF8o/

I dont see alot of established fantasy around a Dragonswornclass. I do see identity and variation enough in the dragonflights, that it would make sense for heros to swore their alligence to one. Maybe surden classes locked in a specific flight. Like mage being Blue

I hope not… I can’t imagine how it’d feel much different than the melee plate line up we already have between warrior, paladin, death knight… especially with warrior in the picture already having some flavor of dragon through spell names, description, and aesthetic.

Give me a narrative having shaman work with the black dragon flight, gaining a 4th spec for tanking using earth magic.

Chromie working with mages for a 4th healing spec using time.

If we were to get a new fully realized class, it’d have to be Tinker, their absence at this point feels more like a hole needing to be fixed it’s so obvious.

PS. Such hype either way, looking forward to finding out what’s on the horizon come the 19th!!
    Last edited by Trazzle; 2022-04-11 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    I dont see alot of established fantasy around a Dragonswornclass. I do see identity and variation enough in the dragonflights, that it would make sense for heros to swore their alligence to one. Maybe surden classes locked in a specific flight. Like mage being Blue
    Well, I guess they could create new fantasy around the new class. I don't think anybody had imagined the Vengeance spec for DH before they created it. I reckon they could do some nice job usinh some imagination.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Dragonsworn" can be literally anything. It's someone who has sworn to some dragon. Would be a title before it was anything even close to a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're carrying on with the Covenant system, I think it's more likely we'll see the powers of the dragonflights represented as Covenants all players can pledge themselves to, rather than specs for a "Dragonsworn" class. Although I guess it could theoretically be both.

Alternatively, they could condense the powers of the five (main) dragonflights into 3 or 4 specs. There's no reason to have 5, especially when Green and Red are both essentially themed around life and healing. Like so:

Healer: Red + Green
    DPS: Blue + Bronze
    Tank: Black

what if we had two new classes? we know they just droped SL in the middle to work in a new thing, its really clear at this point, just like they did with WOD to bring Legion.

2 new classes would be ALOT of content, ALOT of happy people. they could put tinker and dragonsworn (the most obvious choices at this point)

or they could put 1 full new class and a few new specs,

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Lets not derail this thread to discussing a certain thing. But when has there ever been a dragon knight in Warcraft lore?
    i dont know you can find them in the cromie scenario and rubi sanctum
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    "Dragonsworn" can be literally anything. It's someone who has sworn to some dragon. Would be a title before it was anything even close to a class.
    People are going to be so disappointed when 'Dragonsworn' is just what the NPCs call us all expansion because we've become members of a Dragonflight Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    People are going to be so disappointed when 'Dragonsworn' is just what the NPCs call us all expansion because we've become members of a Dragonflight Covenant.
    This is most likely the case. Beyond that we know nothing. After the 19th people can start working on the next batch of fanfic expansion spoiler threads

10+ Year Old Account
    In an alternate timeline, where WoW embraced the primary Support role instead of removing it, I would have loved to see the Dragonsworn as an actual Support class. Whereas the Aspects empowered a mortal, so too does that mortal empower his allies. Or, we could skip the middleman and have the "Dragonsworn" be a class mechanic like a souped up Kindred Affinity - have us play the dragons themselves with our abilities focusing on empowering an ally.

Actually. This is what a Dragonsworn is:

"Each dragonflight treats its dragonsworn differently, and grants them slightly different boons for their service. The patron dragon for a dragonsworn of the bronze dragonflight might give a faithful disciple a relic from the War of the Ancients, whereas a dragonsworn of Nefarian might be taught the basics of how to manipulate the deadly power of shadow flame. While these rewards might sound tempting, dragons live a long time, and most of the flights barely notice the passing of years. It’s possible for a servant to dedicate his life to a flight without any real notice or recognition — especially for the shorter-lived races, such as humans."

"Traditionally, the most well-known dragonsworn are druids in service of Ysera; that is not to say that all druids who walked the Emerald Dream were chosen to serve the green dragonflight, but many were taken into Ysera’s service in the thousands of years they slept. Most of the typical servants of each flight have an occupation that matches the interests of the flight: Blue dragons favor talented magi, but a trustworthy priest or paladin might also gain their interest. Of course, some people are chosen simply for their dedication — while the bronze dragonflight may not have any particular tie to a warrior, he might impress with his strength and loyalty. All potential dragonsworn show some magical proclivity, though."

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Actually. This is what a Dragonsworn is:

"Each dragonflight treats its dragonsworn differently, and grants them slightly different boons for their service. The patron dragon for a dragonsworn of the bronze dragonflight might give a faithful disciple a relic from the War of the Ancients, whereas a dragonsworn of Nefarian might be taught the basics of how to manipulate the deadly power of shadow flame. While these rewards might sound tempting, dragons live a long time, and most of the flights barely notice the passing of years. It’s possible for a servant to dedicate his life to a flight without any real notice or recognition — especially for the shorter-lived races, such as humans."

"Traditionally, the most well-known dragonsworn are druids in service of Ysera; that is not to say that all druids who walked the Emerald Dream were chosen to serve the green dragonflight, but many were taken into Ysera’s service in the thousands of years they slept. Most of the typical servants of each flight have an occupation that matches the interests of the flight: Blue dragons favor talented magi, but a trustworthy priest or paladin might also gain their interest. Of course, some people are chosen simply for their dedication — while the bronze dragonflight may not have any particular tie to a warrior, he might impress with his strength and loyalty. All potential dragonsworn show some magical proclivity, though."
    That's what it was in the RPG books.

It's whatever they wish to define it as if they ever put it in WoW as a player class, just like the Death Knight and Monk got completely new backstories and definitions to their classes.

Otherwise, Death Knight was literally only a name for Necrolytes who got their souls crammed into an undead Human, or the former Paladins who travelled to Northrend with Arthas. That's not the origin or description of Death Knight that we have as a playable class today.