Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubinashi22 View Post
    I guess I am not like you then. Pretending that everything after cata didn't happen and then engaging into lore talks makes next to no sense to me.
    Personally I think they did a fantastic job with the 3 Chronicles books and everything was much more coherent than before.
    Retconns can make sense if your universe wasn't built with longevity in mind in the first place.

People can think of the story of Shadowlands what they want but I believe it actually wasn't all that bad. It was just told in a very lame way.
    Also... I kinda really wanna believe the fanpost on wowhead regarding the Jailer not being the actual evil and all that if you know which article I mean.
    Zo'hvaal (The Jailer) was likely turned evil because they ended up pretty much scrapping the whole shadowlands expansion, So they needed a villain and he was the easiest bet.. If we look at the early concept art of the jailer, who we know as the Runecarver (primus) would actually have been the original jailer. So theres definately a possibility that the guy we now have as the jailer, wasnt originally evil at all. and yes, its a shame that the story was told the way that it was :/ I somewhat think blizzard really just wasnt prepared to explore the afterlife part of the warcraft universe, and took on too much..

The chronicles was for the most part good indeed, But even lately the game has strayed away from the chronicles, and as some lore nerds (Like Pyromancer before he started hating on wow, and accolonn) has pointed out, the chronicles are all written from one point of view (i think this was mentioned by danuser in an interview at some point?) and in this case, that point of view would be the titans.. and with that in mind it means that we are only seeing what the titans see as being "The True Story" and what they decide that we are allowed to know, with likely many more forces etc out there, and likely alot of things they say are "evil" not being as evil as they are portrayed to be.

People keep saying Tirisfal is updated, but there is not actually anything different in that zone as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    ...and as some lore nerds (Like Pyromancer before he started hating on wow, and accolonn) has pointed out, the chronicles are all written from one point of view (i think this was mentioned by danuser in an interview at some point?) and in this case, that point of view would be the titans.. and with that in mind it means that we are only seeing what the titans see as being "The True Story" and what they decide that we are allowed to know, with likely many more forces etc out there, and likely alot of things they say are "evil" not being as evil as they are portrayed to be.
    Absolutely and they even took up on this "viewpoint" in shadowlands when they released the grimoire of the Shadowlands and everyone was going ham that they've retconned the whole cosmology chart.
    But that wasn't the case at all since the Grimoire of the Shadowlands was written based on the views of a Broker that was in the Shadowlands itself. Taliesin made a pretty good video about it called "The Mindblowing Revelation In The New Cosmology Chart : Grimoire of The Shadowlands".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ulillillia View Post
    People keep saying Tirisfal is updated, but there is not actually anything different in that zone as far as I can tell.
    That's because it's still encrypted and we only got updated strings to look at.
    Meaning it's not yet pushed in a visible state to the PTR and the datamining guys can't just look into it since they can't decrypt the data.

7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely and they even took up on this "viewpoint" in shadowlands when they released the grimoire of the Shadowlands and everyone was going ham that they've retconned the whole cosmology chart.
    But that wasn't the case at all since the Grimoire of the Shadowlands was written based on the views of a Broker that was in the Shadowlands itself. Taliesin made a pretty good video about it called "The Mindblowing Revelation In The New Cosmology Chart : Grimoire of The Shadowlands".

- - - Updated - - -

Meaning it's not yet pushed in a visible state to the PTR and the datamining guys can't just look into it since they can't decrypt the data.
    I havent really looked too much at the grimoire yet to be honest.. as the shadowlands lore hasnt interested me too much except for the big story points.. (I tend to only really read up on it as everything is kind of done, so that i can get everything at once rather than the breadcrumbs if that makes sense) I'll watch that video right now though.

So we don't know if it's even updated. That's just wishful thinking.

So we don't know if it's even updated. That's just wishful thinking.
    Well they might scrap it before it comes to the live servers but the fact that it's there just not accessible for us is more than wishful thinking.

Well they might scrap it before it comes to the live servers but the fact that it's there just not accessible for us is more than wishful thinking.
    It is wishful thinking that they are revamping Tirisfal, because we have no evidence for that.

Little conspiracy theory from myself based on the OP:

why not both? I mean, the expansion is called dragonflight after all.

Could be the same deal as it was with bfa. Battle for azeroth. While it was clear from day 1 that we were literally be going to fight FOR azeroth, that particular word could have been meaning "over" the way the expansion was marketed with the whole horde vs alliance sub plot bs.

It is wishful thinking that they are revamping Tirisfal, because we have no evidence for that.
    Nobody said anything about revamping Tirisfal at all.
    They will just flesh out the datamined places like Stillwater Pond or Calston Estate.
    And the evidence that they could do it is right there. The data exists. They've done something just not available to be datamined yet.
    Again... it's not wishful thinking whether or not they will do anything... but they might scrap their ideas again without releasing it.
    I'm even saying, they could very well revert it but you make it out as if there's nothing at all and everyone just got this information out of thin air.

- - - Updated - - -

Well anyway... since the thread got caught up into quite some discussion - I'd also like to hear whether or not you guys think my theory could be something.
    I've heard some points as to why it actually will be Dragonflight als the next addon.

Nobody said anything about revamping Tirisfal at all.
    Everybody is talking about it.

They will just flesh out the datamined places like Stillwater Pond or Calston Estate.
    So revamping it.