Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    How about paying $150 million a year for 10 years. That sounds fair. The families should not take any less than what they deserve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Alternatively he's going on these spending sprees to ensure that there's legitimately nothing left of his fortune with which to pay these people because he really is just that much of a petty asshole.
    He's also been laundering money by giving some to his personal trainer (which amazes everyone that he has one) and others so he can keep some of it after this happens.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    How about paying $150 million a year for 10 years. That sounds fair. The families should not take any less than what they deserve.
    The most enraging thing in that article is that Jones wants to maintain a $90,000/month lifestyle.

Fuck that noise. If you can afford a shitty studio apartment in a sketchy part of town and enough ramen and basics to get by, that's where the courts should stop giving a shit about your "lifestyle". All other funds that can be squeezed out of you now or ongoing go to those you wronged, until your total balance is paid off.

If a college student can live off it, so can you, fuckwad.

A 90k a month life style is absolutely absurd. I can't believe a lot people don't see this as one of the biggest dupes ever. I live in Austin and had the.. unfortunate opportunity to watch this guy rise from like public access cable TV channels and flipping out at the DMV over having to sign for his drivers license.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post

- - - Updated - - -

He's also been laundering money by giving some to his personal trainer (which amazes everyone that he has one) and others so he can keep some of it after this happens.
    Thing is, it is the families that brought him that offer. They are the ones that have decided that to just end the court battles and hopefully move on. That is how petty and disgusting Jones is.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Alex Jones made a video game! ...Asmongold played it so you don't have too!

Think I will keep my $17.76, I like the frog's gay tbh.
    I am glad I looked at this topic just to see this video heh heh.

5+ Year Old Account
    How can a website cecome bankrupt, what does he sell? Brand tinfoilhats?

His new video game looks fun, though, a bit short it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    How can a website cecome bankrupt, what does he sell? Brand tinfoilhats?

His new video game looks fun, though, a bit short it seems
    Company owns the website. The company can be bankrupt.

Also, server maintenance costs and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So how come Trump is actually being pressured to pay his court fine while Alex Jones is somehow able to ignore his and continue like it never happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I assume Alex Jones wasn't in NYC (I believe its Texas?) and Texas has different laws regarding payment.
    Connecticut and Texas, he is fighting in court in both places.

As of the 21st the case was being heard. Jones is claiming that the case was unfair because he lost, more or less. Meanwhile his finances are being combed through by bankruptcy officials -- call it a CT scan. Fuck you it's Friday I can joke.

Texas isn't going to be a ton better for him.

A federal bankruptcy judge in Texas has set a deadline on Monday for families' attorneys to vote on competing bankruptcy deals to either make Jones sell everything or accept his offer to pay them a fraction of what he owes.
    Gee. Hmm. Take a sliver of what they're due or ruin him for life. I wonder what they'll do!

I could not find anything on this CT form about needing cash/bond for an appeal, other than apparently you can beg to have costs waived. Which Jones would have done.

By the way, I looked it up even though it's irrelevant. In Texas, you can file an appeal with cash, bond, or a promise that you can't afford to pay the court. Obviously, Jones would have taken that option with his bankruptcy filings. Oddly enough, the bankrutpcy official claims Jones has $10 million in assets and his victims would get $7 million if he liquidates -- yes, his lawyers would be paid out of the remaining three million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Jones' lawyer begs court for mercy.

"Oh, for his client?"

No, for himself, he wants out.

There’s yet more trouble in bankruptcy court for famed far-right bloviator Alex Jones: The lead attorney for Jones’ company Free Speech Systems — the parent company of Jones’ conspiracy-theory-espousing show InfoWars — has filed an emergency motion to withdraw as counsel.

The 7-page motion from attorney Robert Battaglia was filed in the Texas Bankruptcy Court Southern District on Feb. 29. Battaglia did not respond for a request for comment. The motion comes as Jones barrels toward another chapter in his Chapter 11 bankruptcy saga: a week before Battaglia requested to withdraw, families of the victims of the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School voted to liquidate all of Jones’ assets in order to collect on the $1.5 billion in defamation judgments he owes them.

As to why Battaglia backed out of representing Free Speech Systems, the lawyer notes a persistent conflict between himself and J. Patrick Magill, the accountant appointed to serve as the Free Speech Systems chief restructuring officer in 2022 when bankruptcy proceedings were underway.

Battaglia and Magill had “no relationship prior” to Magill taking over as chief restructuring officer, the motion notes, and while there was, “for the most part,” a constructive working relationship, “over time the relationship has deteriorated,” Battagalia wrote.

Notably, the motion points out that the court had denied an attempt by Free Speech Systems and Jones to appoint two others to the top spot during bankruptcy proceedings. That had left Battagalia “solely responsible” and that was something the attorney said he had expressed reservations about less than three months after Free Speech Systems first declared bankruptcy.

The lawyer was somewhat vague about what might have finally broken the relationship but it seems the issue of nonpayment drove the request.
    "Where did that conclusion come from?"

The lawyer in question flat-out said it under oath.

The lack of communications following the argument with the CRO [Magill] and his blatant retaliation by withholding payment to movant is evidence that the lawyer client relationship is fundamentally broken, and the trust required between client and lawyer irreparably damaged
    Oh, no! Who could have seen that coming? Oh, right, everyone.