Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Probably the expansion's biggest selling point, if not the only one.
    what is ? having to visit wowhead to check what bis build is and then waste 10 minutes copying that bis build?

like what is interesting about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    What do you mean back to cookie cutter builds?
    What do you think we have now? Something other than that? LOL

This will at least make leveling through the game slightly more interesting. The way it currently works, you don't even get to choose what you get at what level. You just level up and are assigned a new thing.
    The current system at least has some flexibility to it. The old Talent system was lock step. You built a certain way or you were Wrong.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Just watching the house burn down.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    It seems like this caters heavily toward the use of "hybrid" specs, something we have not had in a long time.

I'm an "old school" healer that really doesn't do much if any DPS. There has been an increasing push, especially in Mythic+ for healers to be doing as much DPS as possible. Now I see hybrid healer/DPS specs becoming the norm, and I'm dreading it. Hopefully I'm wrong. I don't care about doing DPS, and I don't want to feel pressured to select DPS talents over healing talents.
    dps wont take healer hybrid. unless for bizzare mdi no healer 4 dps comps.

it will be always dps/tank talents as that will allow you to ignore mechanics and dps even harder. and for tanks it will be dps talents to do more dps - and for healers - again dps talents to push dps harder.

I'm hopeful this gives a way to better choose your playstyle or mix and match bits and pieces while still retaining core game play of whatever spec you choose.

I'd love to recreate old ranged survival for instance, nor do I wish to remove the melee option from those who enjoy that.

I really hope i can finally make the spec for my class I want to play and not the spec that leads to the most damage. I hope the talents are balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Its been 10 thousand years since we last saw this beautiful sight...
    I want to cry...of joy.
    What about you?
    Its going to become cookie cutter like it always does, its a matter of time before people complain about how 'theres no creativity' in talents.

Maybe they'll surprise me, but I feel like it's just going to boil down to cookie cutter builds regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh, so long as ret paladin is still a viable DPS and they don't fuck us over with some stupid hybrid tax I could give less of a shit. I'll just follow whatever the sims tell me to do anyway. Anything less would see me ostricised.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A talent revamp is great but does it make an expansion, heck no! It's what you do while using the talents.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    The implication that playing the most powerful version of your character isn't fun, or that fun is only possible in sub-optimal builds, is laughable.
    Not everyone cares about min/maxing. I choose the talents I enjoy the most, and it makes no difference to me if guides consider it the best option or not. Plenty of other people are the same. Unless you are in a world first raiding guild or competing in professional tournaments, there is no reason to obsess over min/maxing.

New UI is always fun, but for gameplay this talent tree wont change anything. Most players would search for the cookie cutter build and put the points in.

No matter how they spin the talent tree systems, its still going to feel like the same as before, as the fundamentals never really changed. To put it this way, if the old talent trees was the main reason that you quit WoW, this won't make you come back.

Though I doubt thats a reason for many, the key for success is the new expansions gameplay. If its good, people would settle with a 1 Point Talent tree and still have fun.

i did hear right that some of the class talents are given for free?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Not everyone cares about min/maxing. I choose the talents I enjoy the most, and it makes no difference to me if guides consider it the best option or not. Plenty of other people are the same. Unless you are in a world first raiding guild or competing in professional tournaments, there is no reason to obsess over min/maxing.
    You're in the minority. When you ask any WoW player, "Would you like to do more damage or healing, or less?" they're almost universally going to say more. So to suggest that "plenty of other people" want to do less damage and healing is really funny.

Extremely depressing news. I was hoping they'd do a class deep dive, maybe add a talent row and cut away less impactful talents. Maybe even get rid of meh talent rows. Now, they will add nothing new. They don't have time. They will spend the entire expansion cycle just trying to balance what they already had (at least somewhat) balanced.

They will once again be redesigning classes instead of just iterating what they already have. They've even made it worse with 2 new specs.

I'm not saying I'm not going to play; but this is a LOT of fucking work just to push someone's nostalgia button. And it comes at the expense of actually adding to the classes.

Edit: Honestly, even the healer interrupt sounds to me like, "let's fix shaman by making it so if they take the interrupt they lose 10% healing now."

You're in the minority. When you ask any WoW player, "Would you like to do more damage or healing, or less?" they're almost universally going to say more. So to suggest that "plenty of other people" want to do less damage and healing is really funny.
    Hybrid Talent trees are a playground for imagination IN PvP and casual PvE aaaaand in rare situations...even in hardcore PvE

Every single Hybrid Talent tree fan knows the history of this system and their offspring specs.
    I am a fan.

No, what you're saying makes no sense.
    Yes it does. If you can't understand it, that's another thing entirely.

MMOs, like the lion's share of video games, are about you not dying and the enemy dying. As soon as you have enough survivability not to die, any effort towards more survivability (versus throughput) makes fights take longer, creating a sense of a weaker character.
    See, now this doesn't make sense lol. What/whom determines how much survivability is "enough" ?

You're talking like if you're doing the maximum DPS that a fight is an autowin. That's not the case. There are fights that are battles of attrition and can be won through you simply outlasting your opponent.

If you want to be more blunt about it: when your character does less throughput, you're weaker.
    Again, who/what determines what weaker is? I might consider a Mage that can do big crits but gets squashed by a melee as "weak" others might see big crits and go OOoo nice. Where-as a Warlock who doesn't do as much damage as said Mage could end up outlasting that same melee because of leeching / drain, DoTs, curses, etc.

This isn't even a debatable point. These games are all about maximizing your output and not dying. There is no other binary that matters. You only diverge from maximizing output when you / your group can't survive the encounter.
    It most certainly is debatable or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. Blizzard wouldn't be trying to put the trees back into the game to increase specialization diversity and (by their own words) encourage hybrid-builds.

Just because you can't understand something doesn't mean it's not worth discussing.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as these talent trees keep going... I love talent trees, I hope they don't become too cookie cutter either... hope they have some fun stuff in them too. Really mix up your class. We'll see, its one of the things I been hoping for to return, either that or addiction talent rows.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Can a druid conoisseur explain to me what the ability with arrows might mean ?

Are they current talent ? Unknown abilities ? Main abilities ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Probably the expansion's biggest selling point, if not the only one.
    What do you mean? Aren't you excited to do barrel rolls with your stupid dragon?