Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Anyone else thought the Dragonflight trailer was underwhelming?

Maybe it's because we already knew what it was, but I feel the trailer was VERY underwhelming. Barely any story behind it, characters we already knew were coming back, no villain, nothing... just 5 minutes of preparation to introduce Alexstrasza and the others.

I'm not talking about the xpac itself, just the trailer specifically btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    The art and music, as always, fantastic, but without further context, it seemed a bit dull as a story beat.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Part of me appreciates the low-key nature of it. Just the brief saga of some no-name servant of Tyr, and not much beyond that. I think it feels underwhelming because we have no major antagonist / villain at the reins this time, and while there can be some benefit to that, I think players have been burnt out on the Janitor and want a villain they can really care about this time

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just missing the part of building up for someone evil to appear. Like back with Cataclysm the cinematic is so epic because you hear him talk and then suddenly he appears.

It was basically just story telling cinematic, which is fine but it wasnt epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst cinematic they ever did.

I am not attached to dragons. I am attached to Horde/Alliance. Not seeing them, after previous cinematics have focused largely on these groups (even Iron Horde counts to me), it just felt slow and mediocre. Still gorgeous, but there is nothing resonating with me here like other cinematics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely flat is how I feel about this. I ignored the leaks and so I cannot blame that. Blizzard have not shown any innovation, no thinking outside the box, no risks. It's just the usual "brand new zones", "throw in a new class to make them go wild" and re-doing blandness like UI. Things like flying a dragon will be fun (for some) for some for a while but it does not make an expansion, nor do new zones. This is utterly dire.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    It was more underwhelming to me there are no changes to progression systems. Or they simply did not talk about it yet.
    They have talked about it. They said they did not want to do systems like that anymore, to paraphrase.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluren View Post
    Maybe it's because we already knew what it was, but I feel the trailer was VERY underwhelming. Barely any story behind it, characters we already knew were coming back, no villain, nothing... just 5 minutes of preparation to introduce Alexstrasza and the others.

I'm not talking about the xpac itself, just the trailer specifically btw.
    Dude this is the one thing i love about the wow community.
    The diverse group of out spoken people!
    Half yall wanted to go back to just doing some quest no SUPER BIG BADDIE
    An the other half seem lost without a big baddie to fight an take your anger out on

Beautifull, but it looked like a random common mobile game trailer about dragons.

Also a weird one, because it announces absolutely nothing. An adventure extension ? Why not. But this trailer is pretty useless.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. With Ion and his bunch of braindead cronies at the helm nothing is gonna change. More boring and grindy stupid systems inc. Which is why there was no mention of gameplay mechanics during the reveal
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it was pretty bland, visually and technically meh (watch WoD one again after it, the quality difference is massive), with no actually cool moments except for ripped Thor from Avengers Infinity War scene. The worst trailer to me.

I dunno, it makes me want to get to know that Stoneyboi.

You mean underwelping...i'll see myself out soon enough.

No it wasn't.
    It was grounded, it is high quality trailer as always.
    The wow cinematic team did not suddenly lost their touch, we have this discussion every trailer.

Hell no, I'm so hyped for the new dragon flying feature and the evoker!

I think it was my least favorite trailer for WoW yet. Expansion features look alright though but it also looks incredibly, incredibly early in development

Still better than the SL cinematic.

nah, it was fine. after all of this universe ending threat bullshit I'll take an expansion with.... hopefully much lower stakes for a change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Completely uninteresting, maybe when the game actually starts you get a little context but it doesn't tell me "buy it", feels so disconnected

10+ Year Old Account
    Fell flat for me but an expansion themed around the Dragonflights still interests me.