Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    Perhaps I'm overly optimistic, but with their current philosophy of reinforcing permanent systems, could it be possible to see something like housing in a patch? If they want to build and keep the new toys, maybe that's one way to go about it.
    That’s what I was hoping they were edging towards.

I think there’s hope that it’ll exist in the near future.

I don't think that winning back players should be a priority. Make a good game and players will return on their own. There are thousands of WoW players just waiting to get back into the game. Evident on this forum where many posters don't play WoW anymore and are just here to hate. They still care a lot about WoW, you don't need to convince them to come back. You just need to make a simple, good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Because those systems have been such a massive success in BfA/SL.... /s
    You definitely did not understand what you responded to

They should focus on making a good game. Having or even desiring a overhyped presentation that tries to win you back, is pretty dumb, if the game sucks. look at past expansions as examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is an "apology expansion", so all the moaning here really kind of proves some people will literally never be happy.

Key things they did:

1) Brought back talent trees so people could finally stop complaining.

2) No inter-character drama so people could finally stop complaining.

3) Upbeat not depressing setting so people could finally stop complaining.

4) Flight from very early on (day 1?) so people could finally stop complaining.

5) Professions made relevant/modern so people could finally stop complaining.

6) No world-ending drama so people could finally stop complaining.

7) New class so people could finally stop complaining.

8) NO BORROWED POWER SYSTEM SO WE ALL COULD FINALLY STOP COMPLAINING!!! Sorry for caps but jesus how are people skipping over that? Are you just silently assuming it's there? It's not.

There's a bunch of other stuff as well, but this expansion is basically:

"That thing you were complaining about for multiple expansions? We changed it/fixed it!".

Of course now you're complaining that they did that. There's a post above this moaning about the lack of a borrowed power system even. Also love the post calling them "trash devs" and hoping personal harm befalls them (CLASSY AND TOTALLY REASONABLE LOL), when this expansion is entirely focused on fixing problems and answering what people wanted. Yeah that's real trashy, actually listening to players! God we wouldn't want that!
    After watching the deep dive, yeah. Its an apology xpac. All that stuff you mentioned sounds great, but I stand by what I said about the class. It looks stupid, its a stupid concept and it looks like a fashion show twink went sharkweek on a water balloon filled with grease, glitter, and neon food coloring.
    Why the hell did it have to be ANOTHER elf model.
    I know I could just not play it, but a decent class idea died for us to get that pile of glam rock garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    8) NO BORROWED POWER SYSTEM SO WE ALL COULD FINALLY STOP COMPLAINING!!! Sorry for caps but jesus how are people skipping over that? Are you just silently assuming it's there? It's not.

Of course now you're complaining that they did that. There's a post above this moaning about the lack of a borrowed power system even. Also love the post calling them "trash devs" and hoping personal harm befalls them (CLASSY AND TOTALLY REASONABLE LOL), when this expansion is entirely focused on fixing problems and answering what people wanted. Yeah that's real trashy, actually listening to players! God we wouldn't want that!
    Because you seem to not understand just as much as Blizzard doesn't understand it. Borrowed Power is not the heart of the problem. Non-Evergreen features are. And Blizzard again, failed to hit that mark, just because they shifted player power away from expansion features, doesn't change the fact that the stuff they are doing here is the same as what ultimately landed them and caused this mess to begin with. At the end of the day, Dragonflight is just another Legion, BFA, and Shadowlands. More of the same, another self-contained expansion, but with a new coat of paint.

People want ever-green features, which isn't surprising that the most talked about and hyped points of this announcement are the revamped talent trees, revamped professions, and updated user interface.

While I can't speak for the player base as a whole, I can speak for myself, and I want something fresh, something ever-green. And what I saw here isn't enough.
    Last edited by Sugani; 2022-04-19 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Obviously many of people, like me, set themselves up for disappointment, but given the declining trend of last years, we could have honestly expect some extra efforts on Blizzard side when it comes to 10.0 expansion.

In the beginning of the presentation Ion said something about Blizzard listening to feedback and new focus on freedom of gameplay for the players, but NOTHING in the following presentation hinted at what exactly he ment (except for wider talent tree and profession contracts).

I expected to hear anything: player housing for those who mostly wants to build a home on the Azeroth? timewalking+? freedom of choosing the loot via PvE and PvP currency vendors? character cosmetics progression? Abilities to play with no restrictive systems?

None of that was mentioned, and we got nothing on will there be those systems or not, except for Ion's "of course there will be new systems", that got literally zero cover. This smells fishy as hell.

Also the whole reveal gave MASSIVE Shadowlands vibes.
    Like, if to remove all the mess, the only hyping up things are Talent Revamp and Profession Revamp.

The rest (generic looking new zones, no glimpses of dungeons and raid, barely outlined story, race/class that looks meh, dragonriding that looks like purely show off feature) is a given thing.

I totally expected 10.0 to be Legion'ed, and instead was left with the bland and cheap taste of Shadowlands in the mouth.
    You are confusing "yourself"/"your social environment" with "the playerbase in general".

If you want to understand anything it would aid you greatly to put the desires of you and yours into proper perspective (hint: they're not nearly as interesting to most as you think).

Talent revamp is not enough to save this game, sorry. It's a step in the right direction, but you need a lot more things which the players have asked for. The expansion does not seem promising overall. The features and new race are meh. Could be fun to level once and then what? What are you keeping players engaged with? The revamped professions could be interesting, but it is still not enough. So this expansion looking pretty grim.

Obviously many of people, like me, set themselves up for disappointment, but given the declining trend of last years, we could have honestly expect some extra efforts on Blizzard side when it comes to 10.0 expansion.

In the beginning of the presentation Ion said something about Blizzard listening to feedback and new focus on freedom of gameplay for the players, but NOTHING in the following presentation hinted at what exactly he ment (except for wider talent tree and profession contracts).

I expected to hear anything: player housing for those who mostly wants to build a home on the Azeroth? timewalking+? freedom of choosing the loot via PvE and PvP currency vendors? character cosmetics progression? Abilities to play with no restrictive systems?

None of that was mentioned, and we got nothing on will there be those systems or not, except for Ion's "of course there will be new systems", that got literally zero cover. This smells fishy as hell.

Like, if to remove all the mess, the only hyping up things are Talent Revamp and Profession Revamp.

The rest (generic looking new zones, no glimpses of dungeons and raid, barely outlined story, race/class that looks meh, dragonriding that looks like purely show off feature) is a given thing.

I totally expected 10.0 to be Legion'ed, and instead was left with the bland and cheap taste of Shadowlands in the mouth.
    the tested it in SL how much they can milk prayerbase by forcing them to buy tokens with legendaries and they will expand it in 10.0

dont kid yourslef that profesions will ever matter in world of m+ and raids

for me it was very boring reveal - short movie had "no soul " nothing interesting happened, zones are just next generic zones, no dungeons reveal - nothign on gearing and systems, boring talents that you will just go for bis 0 deviations. and then that wolk fiasco of no lfd.

was 100 times more hyped for SL after that sylvanas video. this ? booooooring . even mop cinamtic had much more interesting elements to it.

and ye - new race looks terribly bad :/ compared to other humanoid models for dragons those looks like from game that launched 15 years ago . badicly blood elves with 0 new textures with tatoos and horns slapped on them . dissapointing
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2022-04-19 at 07:37 PM.

I'm wary of Warcraft on principle, but after all of this, now we have people complaining about the expansion because Blizzard is listening to them? Are you serious?

The community for this game just keeps getting worse and worse, we literally cannot be pleased even when Blizzard gives the players exactly what they've been asking for.

With all that's happened I might not come back, but the expansion so far has a pretty fantastic looking world, a return of talents (in a way that makes sense and feels good on paper), and best of all, no player power system. (At least, not yet. I'm not going to be surprised if they try and sneak it in, but so far, so good.)

Sure, the hero class choice wouldn't have been my preference. I've wanted tinkers since forever. Whatever. I didn't even expect them to add a class and I don't have an opinion on the new one since we know next to nothing about it. Maybe it will be disappointing, or maybe it will turn out cool. Either way I don't hate it on principle just because it exists.

Gotta say, the reactions to this announcement makes me a lot more wary of Warcraft than anything the dev team could do at this point. No matter how hard they try to make the game better, we players are going to be the ones holding the game back with this kind of belligerent attitude. But hey, it is what it is, this isn't anything I didn't already see coming--and it certainly doesn't apply to literally everyone--but at least WoW's presentation this time around doesn't look awful and they are showing incredible levels of humility towards the playerbase. It almost feels hopeful.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2022-04-19 at 07:44 PM.

TBH an expansion that relies on solid core mechanics and overhauling stuff that really needed to be doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Blizzard spent too much time re-inventing the wheel IMO, taking a break from that in order to shore up the wagon might be the correct play.

I'm getting Mists vibes from this, and it's my second favorite expansion. So I'm totally fine with the lack of flash and pomp.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Thing is they have listened, the hole list is stuff players asked for, maybe just not what you have been asking for.

No known big bad at the start, no borrowed power, new class and race, reworked talents and profession all stuff players have asked for.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It totally did.

the core changes they are doing are what the game needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Talent revamp is not enough to save this game, sorry. It's a step in the right direction, but you need a lot more things which the players have asked for. The expansion does not seem promising overall. The features and new race are meh. Could be fun to level once and then what? What are you keeping players engaged with? The revamped professions could be interesting, but it is still not enough. So this expansion looking pretty grim.

Professions being something again.
    New attack dynamics being introduced.
    Finally a proper UI without addons...
    The talents revamp are BIG class revamp too...
    The largest land map we´ve seen ever since vanilla.
    Finally we know more about the dragons.
    A whole new mount skill.
    Back to being adventurers and not super hyper cosmic heroes high on borrowed shit systems.

And the best part? we know little, and that little is huge and set a right direction for what´s to come.

We do not need new flashing content, what we need is solid, simple and working mechanics, then content.
    Last edited by shise; 2022-04-19 at 07:43 PM.

Still nothing showing they want to make content for the 99% instead of focusing on the 1%. So it won't bring much back.

The new talent system is awesome IF they implement it (remember path of the titans..).
    No clear mention on borrowed powers in a big plus. I smell stealth implementation though somewhere down the line though.

The rainbowshooting dragon class seems like a terrible idea and look atrocious (you can tell they lost a lot of talented people). Sad Tinkers died for this aberration.

My initial opinion is that it's a step in the right direction but probably not nearly enough to bring me back. I'll likely wait until it has been out for a few months to see what people are saying about it before I even consider trying it out.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    <deleted>
    Last edited by Runicblood; 2022-04-19 at 08:29 PM.
    I 3d print stuff

Player Housing would have been the huge thing to bring people back. What a missed opportunity, huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    GW2 style momentum based flying could be really fun, but it can't carry an expansion that lacks content (just 4 questing zones and they are short compared to MoP zone questlines, and there is hardly any endgame questing content like reputation storylines).
    You... got all that from the presentation? What?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    What I dont like is they didnt add a new over-arching system. Yes talent revamp is great, but the game needs a new over-arching system that continues into new expansions afterwards and further develops the entire gameplay.

There wasnt that much to show as it seems they are far from an alpha as expected.
    They can add new branches to the tree.

It's funny, I was watching the reveal, hearing them tick off the boxes for the whiners. He got:

New class and race
    No "borrowed power"
    Flying from the start of the expansion
    Professions change
    Expansion takes place on Azeroth

I smugly thought to myself "hah, there's no way those internet nerds will find something to complain about now! It'll take them months to come up with something to whine about!" I was sorely wrong, never underestimate the ability of the internet to bitch and moan.

The only real thing to complain about would be the terrible diversity-shoehorning" round table" and how awful that dragon race looks.
    Last edited by Weezull; 2022-04-19 at 08:20 PM.