Poll: What do you think?

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Sounds like you have issues.
    Comments like that, and the attacks on the Blizzard artist who designed the Dracthyr and Visage forms because they are trans, are very troubling and make me wonder where the hate for the new class/race really comes from.

Wasn't it already confirmed that some armor will still be visible in dragon form?
    At the very least i remember seeing one wearing a tabard.

And another some sort of armor.
    That might however be tied to the armor on their actual drake (mount) form...

source: it's the thumbnail of the reveal video on blizzard's reveal video
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2022-04-28 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How is it a fact when the devs say the opposite?
    Devs say many different things.

Except they aren't. They're on an entirely new rig.
    It's not an entirely different rig. It's winged female Eredar.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it a fact when the devs say the opposite?
    Except they aren't. They're on an entirely new rig.
    Comments like that, and the attacks on the Blizzard artist who designed the Dracthyr and Visage forms because they are trans, are very troubling and make me wonder where the hate for the new class/race really comes from.
    I didn't know that but now it makes sense. It comes from good taste.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    While I do hope that there's ultimately more masculine body shapes and stronger facial features in the pool of customization options because choices are never bad (so I do agree with the OP), man do I love how wound up the "muh masculinity!" people are being that there's a lithe, androgynous race on the way, one that they're never under any obligation to play but seem to fear that existing in the general space of them is going to drain the man out of them.

100%, I would have liked Drakonid more, but I'm satisfied with this race, aesthetic and all. So shrug.
    There is no such issues, people want to play humanoid dragons, big bulky ones, regardless of the gender.

I would 100% make a female dracthyr bulky and powerful, but those models don't look like dragons, its a dinosaur.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Wasn't it already confirmed that some armor will still be visible in dragon form?

As it is today, they work like Demon hunter, the "armor" pieces you have is from set pieces that you can only change in barber shop, and just some parts, not the entire set.

They have yet to confirm its your armor that appear in the dragon form. and taking a look from the videos, isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    I didn't know that but now it makes sense. It comes from good taste.
    Saying that someone can’t make something cool and interesting because of their sexual orientation is never in good taste.

Saying that someone can’t make something cool and interesting because of their sexual orientation is never in good taste.
    Dracthyr look exactly like a stereotypical projection people ascribe to artists who align that way. If it looks like a duck...

That would be funny, if it weren't so sad.

Wait..... is that accurate? The person who came up with these lizards is trans?

Fantastic ideas, but precedent tells us that if they're this far along on a design, Blizzard ain't changing it. Same thing with so many past systems, once they're "in", no amount of rational, detailed, or constructive criticism elicits changes. Tweaks here and there down the line, but the baseline thing is set in stone. Might be because they are truly convinced at how good their idea/design is, or it's due to the sha of pride inside them refusing to admit that the community can improve (or trump) their own designs.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-04-28 at 02:31 PM.
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

I think they should have made completely new humanoid forms because maybe people wouldn't argue about wanting their humanoid form to be any race. Yes, dragons can change into anything, but these are Drakthyr and maybe they can't.

I like the other changes though, a bulky option would be nice and just some other modifications to make them look more fluid. I haven't seen a ton of the footage but from what I have seen they look so "stiff".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Wait..... is that accurate? The person who came up with these lizards is trans?
    Yes, the Dracthyr, Incubus, and Visage forms.

Yes, the Dracthyr, Incubus, and Visage forms.
    I see, that does make it make more sense.

Can we stop with this argument:
    "Where are they getting these humanoid forms from?!? 10000 years ago, humans and blood elves didn't exist!!!!!11"

10000 years ago on the Dragon Isles:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    So, the "product", that we are getting is (In my opinion), just a blatant representation of a furry in a dragonsuit.
    And when it turns out, a senior designer (probably a lead on this project) is a transgender furry.
    You're willing to believe, that the end result design is a "coincident"?

I'm sorry, but that just seems incredibly naive to me.
    Sure, there is no way I can ever be 100% sure, as I have absolutely no insight into the design process.
    But I am just gonna go ahead and assume that this person is injection his/her personal fantasies and idea's into this project/design.
    There is no way this result is the product of a project approached with objectivity in mind.

I'm not a fan of anything furry, I think it is a dangerous fandom.
    But I wholeheartedly believe, that people can do whatever the frick they want on their free time, even if that is potentially something that could be considered unhealthy.

But when you inject your own subjective beliefs/desires/ideas, into your work, which should be handled objectively.
    And it's starts affecting other people, or possibly could have a negative affect on a billion dollar game/enterprise, you are crossing some kind of line.
    Coincidence? Yea. Could be. Or more likely targeting, or they were merely trying show off tokenism. Companies tend to do that when they are in a fucking pickle. Pull out all the stops.

Maybe ya didnt realize this, but there is more in line then just her. Let's just say she is the senior designer specifically on the race. How many drafts? How many products were designed and created? Quite a few. Then the person above her needs to give their consent, so either that is cut or not. So they eventually have to widdle it down to a select few that that in the end the lead designer on the expansion has to sign off on.

I highly doubt they used furriest of the furry. But blizzard hired this person for a reason. Sooo. Who should you blame? The person that signed off on this shit of a dragon. I hate the design, but even I understand it's not on the artist. It's on the mother fuckers that allowed this design to be signed off on.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post

That might however be tied to the armor on their actual drake (mount) form...

source: it's the thumbnail of the reveal video on blizzard's reveal video
    That was confirmed to be the “armor” that we can pick and customize via the barber shop I believe.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    "Where are they getting these humanoid forms from?!? 10000 years ago, humans and blood elves didn't exist!!!!!11"
    They could stop because the Twitter live thing already explained they get their visage forms in the present. 10K years ago has no bearing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Elves did exist 10k years ago, you know the city suramar was sealed off for 10k years right, night elves are the origional race of elves where everything is an offshoot species.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Dracthyr look exactly like a stereotypical projection people ascribe to artists who align that way. If it looks like a duck...

That would be funny, if it weren't so sad.
    You know what's sad? Your hate and your total ignorance...

Maybe if you opened a book to do more than drool on it like a bib you would see that pretty much that reptiles often look alike, there isn't much to separate what male and females look like, in fact in some the female is larger than the male

That even WoW dragons...male and female look the same, but no...you just want to be a piece of garbage worthless bigot

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    You know what's sad? Your hate and your total ignorance...

Maybe if you opened a book to do more than drool on it like a bib you would see that pretty much that reptiles often look alike, there isn't much to separate what male and females look like, in fact in some the female is larger than the male

That even WoW dragons...male and female look the same, but no...you just want to be a piece of garbage worthless bigot
    Is that so? Female dragonsworn and drakonids have tits. Male dragons have beards and sharper and meaner faces. I never saw fem wolf looking like fem worgen. WoW and real life examples have very little in common. Dragon race shouldn't look like a twig from tumblr wet dream.

Ignorance is a good word to summarize your reply.

Ignorance it is.
    Last edited by Auburst; 2022-04-28 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that so? Female dragonsworn and drakonids have tits. Male dragons have beards and sharper and meaner faces. I never saw fem wolf looking like fem worgen. WoW and real life examples have very little in common. Dragon race shouldn't look like a twig from tumblr wet dream.

Ignorance is a good word to summarize your reply.

Ignorance it is.
    Show me these dragon models that have breasts...I dare you

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Show me these dragon models that have breasts...I dare you
    We all know what this guy is going to do with it…
    Last edited by Dractier; 2022-04-28 at 09:10 PM.