Poll: What do you think?

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I guess I might be in the minority in that I am much happier with this interpretation than if they gave us drakonids. I personally really like what they have shown so far.

Also, are they confirmed not to show armor in dragon form? I got the impression not showing armor was just so they could show off the race's base model - especially since this is still early in development, they may just not have armor fitted properly for them yet.
    Last edited by Echiyo; 2022-04-19 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    What's with the comparison to Aspects? Dracthyr aren't Aspects, so I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make here. Dragons are free to choose whatever humanoid form they wish to be.
    But Dracthyr is not dragons either.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Drakonid
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-04-19 at 09:48 PM.

I would fix Dracthyr by fucking off and allowing the developers to get the product past its pre-Alpha stage before I complain about how my dragon horn clips 15 pixels off of a transmog item worn by .000000001% of the playerbase.

5+ Year Old Account
    The current iteration of the Dracthyr dragon form looks more like a generic lizard rather than an actual dragon. The slender build, tiny head, and long neck give them a Jar Jar Binks kind of feel. They look goofy. And goofy is okay for some races (like Pandaren), but I think there's a fairly large disconnect here between the body types of the Dracthyr and the "I'm a badass dragon" faces they're pulling in the preview images.
    You don't find it funny, that yours changes just making them go from "long neck Divinity rip-off" drakes to almost Demon Hunter Metamorphosis looking ones, just make them monster Dragonoids PLS, but anyway it's as if they did so much work to go away from DH skeleton only for you to ask them just CTRL+V it back.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

5+ Year Old Account
    Their lower body is just too long, makes them look gangly and weird.

The feet are the worst part, that needs to just asap or give an option to make them look different.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Oh, if the dragon form has no transmog opportunities that's a big yikes from me. Only way I saw myself accepting the wimpy frame was if I could mog it to look a bit bulkier...

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Good try.

None of the aspects are orcs or gnomes(even thou Chromie is a dragon). It clashes with the lore. It doesn't take that much to figure that out.

I personally would prefer the playable race to look like WOTLK dragonoids as suggested.
    It literally does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I would fix Dracthyr by fucking off and allowing the developers to get the product past its pre-Alpha stage before I complain about how my dragon horn clips 15 pixels off of a transmog item worn by .000000001% of the playerbase.
    While I wholeheartedly agree that being vitriolic towards them is hella early (if ever warranted at all) this is if anything exactly the time bigger changes like this CAN be made. The longer the Alpha/Beta train chugs along the harder it is for Blizz to make it turn anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    While I wholeheartedly agree that being vitriolic towards them is hella early (if ever warranted at all) this is if anything exactly the time bigger changes like this CAN be made. The longer the Alpha/Beta train chugs along the harder it is for Blizz to make it turn anywhere.
    I'm just memeing the fact that the first thing players think when they see new content is, "Man these developers suck, let me fix everything for them because I know better than these dumb developers."

Well put.

Game reveal is all about this. It kinda tells where the community gets stuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Exactly. Now is the time to give feedback and let our voices be heard. Just sitting still and saying nothing while hoping that Blizzard magically reads your mind and fixes everything... Well, that's never going to work.

Unbelievable that theyre forcing us to be Blood Elf Males and Human Females. Id literally rather have no draconic options at all in my humanoid form, just to be able to be an Orc within it. Ebonhorn and Chromie are what we should be getting from a mortal form.

Exactly. Now is the time to give feedback and let our voices be heard. Just sitting still and saying nothing while hoping that Blizzard magically reads your mind and fixes everything... Well, that's never going to work.
    Feedback's fine, but "fixing" implies something's broken. It's like looking at the first draft of the Mona Lisa where it's two circles and a couple lines and saying, "yeah well, I think you can do better."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just memeing the fact that the first thing players think when they see new content is, "Man these developers suck, let me fix everything for them because I know better than these dumb developers."
    I'm sorry if you got that impression from this post, as that was not the intention at all. I thought I did a pretty decent job of conveying that these are my ideas on how I would improve the race. I also included the poll for this reason so people can actually vote on what they think instead of it just being a thread with me and my biased opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feedback's fine, but "fixing" implies something's broken. It's like looking at the first draft of the Mona Lisa where it's two circles and a couple lines and saying, "yeah well, I think you can do better."
    Urge to fix something is a feedback itself.
    Also, after 2 mediocre expansions and good competitors on MMO market players have all rights to be more critical and demanding.

Personally I'm digging the swolethyr

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...tm_name=iossmf

It would really be great that we had 2 models for Dracthyr; all races already do, tbh it would be a great way to unlink playable models from gender choice

I'd absolutely love everything from the third picture.

I dont even need armor, but they could add it and it would be cool.

The thing is though, you're still ment to be a dragon. You dont need armor, you have your scales.

I think thats what they went with with the Dragon Form. People just think its odd because its humanoid, but in reality, Alexstrasza wouldnt really wear any battle armor herself either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

5+ Year Old Account
    -snip- someone beat me to it.

Saw this cool edit in a random Discord (I do not know the source sorry,) it looks pretty rough due to the nature of being a fan-edit, but this is what I was expecting from Dracthyr tbh. Looks way more badass and proportionate and the feet don't bother me nearly as much.

That analogy is ass I'm sorry lol.

This isn't concept art or a concept teaser, everything they showed us was deliberate because they want initial feedback from their customers. You act like people don't know anything about game dev but it just seems like you know nothing about product promotion.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I'm sorry if you got that impression from this post, as that was not the intention at all. I thought I did a pretty decent job of conveying that these are my ideas on how I would improve the race. I also included the poll for this reason so people can actually vote on what they think instead of it just being a thread with me and my biased opinions.
    All good, you seem to have your head in the right spot. I don't blame you because your mentality is shared by a lot of the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Personally I'm digging the swolethyr

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...tm_name=iossmf

-- snip --

It would really be great that we had 2 models for Dracthyr; all races already do, tbh it would be a great way to unlink playable models from gender choice
    That looks awesome as well! I don't think that should be the only body type, but having multiple body types to choose from like this one and the two I suggested would be a great improvement in my opinion.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2022-04-19 at 10:03 PM.