Poll: What do you think?

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    MoP they added a new race (with many classes available) and new class with completely new and unique animations (available for almost all races) at the same time.
    Pandaren have fewer customization options than most of the individual allied races, and Dracthyr have unique animations. What a dumb post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Pandaren have fewer customization options than most of the individual allied races, and Dracthyr have unique animations. What a dumb post.
    Pandarens were made by pre-WoD standarts.
    And it is not true that they have fewer options. And they have their own unique animation rig.

Dracthyr do not have their own animation rig. They reuse the rig of male succubus and female nathrezim, just like Nightborne reuse Nelfs rig.

So I agree, your post is very dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Do you all think furries aren't into muscular men or something?
    To them furry is just another insult, I'm guessing they'd probably use gay if it wouldn't get them infracted

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Normally, it wouldn't.

But when a presented model for a billion dollar game, looks like a fan made furry/scalie model from DeviantArt, it's not a completely irrelevant detail.
    But it is completely irrelevant since she is only ONE of the designers on the team. She isn't the person who decides which design is used. She is one of the ones who submits designs to the person who chooses, and then they all work on that.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

And it is not true that they have fewer options. And they have their own unique animation rig.

Dracthyr do not have their own animation rig. They reuse the rig of male succubus and female nathrezim, just like Nightborne reuse Nelfs rig.

Post the skeletal rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Give me manly man Dracthyr with wide shoulders, spine breaking biceps and jagged manly man snout. Keep the furry option for deviantart enthusiasts.
    You are projecting your insecurities, what are you scared if you play darcthyr in it's current form and begin to like it it will deem you a furry?

I'm sorry but that comes across as rather ignorant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    You are projecting your insecurities, what are you scared if you play darcthyr in it's current form and begin to like it it will deem you a furry?

They look like absolute fuckshit coprophiliac furries dance around and sniff. Literally one of the worst models to represent dragon inspired race.

Physician, heal thyself.

10+ Year Old Account

It is called "personal preferences". People have right to like or dislike anything without any reasoning behind it.
    This is why providing more options for players is always a good idea.

Have you guys fixed the dracthyr yet?

It's nice to see that people have complete overview of Blizzards budgets, dev resources, project complications, software/hardware limitations of the game - just to make the suggestions actually realistic.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-05-06 at 11:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is called "personal preferences". People have right to like or dislike anything without any reasoning behind it.
    I like how people instantly say someone wanting a buffy dragon model is insecure, por projecting their feelings, but immediately ignore that the same argument cna be used the other way around, by saying someone making the dracthyr a skinny gehcko is also a projection of their own bias.

There's having a preference and then there's being a complete dick about it and honestly some posters are being the latter

10+ Year Old Account
    There's having a preference and then there's being a complete dick about it and honestly some posters are being the latter
    Agree, those talking about insecurity projection was a dick move.

People just have an opinion. A lot of people don't like what was presented to them. The only thing they ask is to give them options to make a new toy to fit their preferences too.
    In the end, we all want the same - to enjoy the game. All of those "nah, it is fine and no improvements are needed" don't help to achieve that.

A somewhat humanoid form from heroes of might and magic 2

this dragon sprite is nearly 30 years old, if they ADD new options to look closer to this it would be awesome

i really like the visage options, but the actual dragon form is kinda goofy, much more when this guys are supposed to be "the best" soldiers made by freaking DEATHWING

Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    A somewhat humanoid form from heroes of might and magic 2

this dragon sprite is nearly 30 years old, if they ADD new options to look closer to this it would be awesome

i really like the visage options, but the actual dragon form is kinda goofy, much more when this guys are supposed to be "the best" soldiers made by freaking DEATHWING
    when my cat stands on his two legs, its posture looks similar to your picture. Should I consider my cat to be a humanoid then?

My favorite thing about this post is how it pretentiously assumes anyone has asked for a wrong opinion. The Dracthyr are fine, it's the playerbase that needs a lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    My cynical side suspects that they just want to "force" Dracthyr players into wanting to participate in content that unlocks cosmetics for the dragon mounts. Though I also find it silly considering that I happily collected mounts back when I mained druid, despite travel form being objectively superior
    Right, and then when participation dies down they'll be like, "Hey, we were able to add this to dracthyr flying now!!!!" and I'll be fine with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I think it is pretty unfair to say that her being transgender played any role in this. We all know what they are trying to say when they say this.

Also a reminder that she did not decide how they would look on her own. She probably was briefed and worked accordingly.
    Dont bother, hes a transphobe. He posted that same shit before.

Peoples obsession with rigs are quite bizarre... Fairly sure blizzard uses scripts to do rigging... I mean, we did after just a few lessons. Especially since creating a rig scripts is basically just doing it once and then copy the history of commands. A more well versed rigger will create a script with options for a number of joints.

Hell, even if it is reusing a rig... that's just SMART. Reusing a rig, add some tweaks is same amount of work of doing a script and then doing tweaks. As a rigger most of the heavy work lies in making it easy to do generalized quick rigs and then do custom tweaks based on the model itself. As well as working closely with animators to give them the tools required for their animations which is, once again, specific to the models animation needs.

The new trendy buzzword.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-05-06 at 06:18 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It seems more likely to me that dracthyr were being worked on first, and the incubus was spun off it and just released when it was good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Peoples obsession with rigs are quite bizarre... Fairly sure blizzard uses scripts to do rigging... I mean, we did after just a few lessons. Especially since creating a rig scripts is basically just doing it once and then copy the history of commands. A more well versed rigger will create a script with options for a number of joints.

Hell, even if it is reusing a rig... that's just SMART. Reusing a rig, add some tweaks is same amount of work of doing a script and then doing tweaks. As a rigger most of the heavy work lies in making it easy to do generalized quick rigs and then do custom tweaks based on the model itself. As well as working closely with animators to give them the tools required for their animations which is, once again, specific to the models animation needs.

The new trendy buzzword.
    When people say "rig" the usually also mean skeleton. They reuse the entire thing.
    Again, with Nelfs and Nightborne example: they have different models, but their animations are all exactly the same the same. It is not a smart approach to animating - there is no animating at all.

It is okay to reuse animations for something of massive quantity. For mobs, for example. It is okay that a lot of automas in Zereth Mortis use Tauren animations.
    But for players models it is not okay, especially for a new ones, which are a selling point of the xpac. This is lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    It seems more likely to me that dracthyr were being worked on first, and the incubus was spun off it and just released when it was good to go.
    It is not only succubus, It is also female nathrezim. And, probably, something else. Those are just two examples that were found.