Thread: Evoker class

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Evoker class

What's up with Blizzard's laziness?

First of all, you intorduce a class that is based on the different Dragonflights yet you exclude Black Dragons?
    Neltharion created the Dracthyr in the first place. What, did he forget to imbue them with his own powers, yet remembered to give them all of the other Dragonflights'? How kind of him...

Second of all, why is it red and blue Dragons for DPS and Green and Bronze for healing? Isn't it supposed to be red and green for Healing and Blue and Bronze for DPSing? They are closer in themes, with Arcane and Time being pretty much the damage-dealing aspect of Dragons while Emerald Dream and life-giving flames the healing aspect of Dragons. It's even shown that way in HotS' Chromie and Alexstrasza. They could have easily added a Tanking spec that is based on the Black Dragonflight.

By the way, where did the 10.0 speculation thread go all of the sudden?
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-04-20 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

First of all, you intorduce a class that is based on the different Dragonflights yet you exclude Black Dragons?

Second of all, why is it red and blue Dragons for DPS and Green and Bronze for healing? Isn't it supposed to be red and green for Healing and Blue and Bronze for DPSing? They are closer in themes, with Arcane and Time being pretty much the damage-dealing aspect of Dragons while Emerald Dream and life-giving flames the healing aspect of Dragons. It's even shown that way in HotS' Chromie and Alexstrasza. They could have easily added a Tanking spec that is based on the Black Dragonflight.

My dude, it has Onyxia's Deep Breath as a base move, how is that excluding Black Dragons?

Second, Bronze time healing is rad as fuck and plenty of people (like myself) hoped for that angle.

They've said repeatedly that it wields the powers of all five Flights. We've seen like, 3-4 moves for each spec/the base class. Hold your horses until we see their whole kit and talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    My dude, it has Onyxia's Deep Breath as a base move, how is that excluding Black Dragons?

Second, Bronze time healing is rad as fuck and plenty of people (like myself) hoped for that angle.

They've said repeatedly that it wields the powers of all five Flights. We've seen like, 3-4 moves for each spec/the base class. Hold your horses until we see their whole kit and talents.
    Never seen it. Only the reveal. They talked about 4 aspects.

Never seen it. Only the reveal. They talked about 4 aspects.
    Well it's there; it's literally shown in the first footage they showed of them. Also, in any posted media about the class they reiterate that it uses all 5 of them.

10+ Year Old Account

Neltharion created the Dracthyr in the first place. What, did he forget to imbue them with his own powers, yet remembered to give them all of the other Dragonflights'? How kind of him...
    In the deep dive with Ion, Brian, and the woman who heads WoW classic, they showed the class performing Deathwing's Cataclysm ability from HotS. So, the Black Dragonflight's abilities are present. I would have preferred a tank though.

I believe they wanted the DPS spec to still give you the feeling of being a fire-breathing dragon. From what I've seen, the class has some pretty cool Blue dragonflight abilities as well. In terms of healing, while I would have preferred fire healing, they did pull some of Alexstrazas' nature abilities like Abundance into the spec, so there's that. However, diving a bit deeper into the Emerald Dream will be very cool for a lot of players who really want to wrap themselves in the Green Dragonflight. In addition, utilizing time for healing could be very interesting. I'm excited to see the abilities and talents. I bet they pulled a lot from HotS and I'm excited for that.

As someone who has pined for a class like this for a few years now, I couldn't be happier. Far from laziness, I think Blizzard really hit it out of the park. I'm SO happy they didn't go with a Dragonsworn class and decided to allow us to be actual dragons.

Well it's there; it's literally shown in the first footage they showed of them. Also, in any posted media about the class they reiterate that it uses all 5 of them.
    Yeah they stated 5 dragon flight powers but only showed 4, it’s pretty exciting I felt like they were keeping the 5th secret for something. Maybe I’m just being hopeful tho

15+ Year Old Account

1. The Black Dragonflight being excluded is to be expected since they were corrupted for most of the time we've seen them throughout the entire Warcraft franchise. While I do agree to a small extent they could have done the couplings differently (Black + Bronze, Black + Blue, or Blue + Bronze would have been better combinations than red + anything due to red being predominantly healing with minor damage aspects as long as we've known it). However, from what we've seen, there is a chromatic/prismatic aspect to every spell before it 'turns' into the dragonflight/element it was associated with.

2. HoTS is not canon and should not be used as a comparison. We don't know, in the WoW universe, what the bronze dragonflight's capable of beyond what we've seen in the infinite dragonflight.

3. There are six tanking specs in the game (Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Monk, Demon Hunter, Druid) and 13 melee dps specs (3 rogue, 2 warrior, paladin, demon hunter, monk, druid, 2 death knight, enhancement shaman, and survival hunter). There has not been a single new ranged dps class/spec (11.5)(3 mage, 3 warlock, druid, shaman, 1.5 priest, 2 hunter) added since WoW's inception and only one healer added (+Monk) out of 5.5 healers (2.5 Priest, Paladin, Druid, Shaman). Honestly, we needed a new ranged dps and a healer, which they gave us with the evoker. There isn't a shortage of tanks/healers, there's an over abundance of dps, full stop.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    1. The Black Dragonflight being excluded is to be expected since they were corrupted for most of the time we've seen them throughout the entire Warcraft franchise. W
    But it wasn't corrupted when the Dracthyr were made; any Black elements they'd have would be pure Neltharion. That said, it's definitely included. They have a Deep Breath move straight from Onyxia, and they've said *repeatedly* that all five Flights are present. Any official "blurbs" about them mentions that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    Yeah they stated 5 dragon flight powers but only showed 4, it’s pretty exciting I felt like they were keeping the 5th secret for something. Maybe I’m just being hopeful tho
    Like I said, it's already technically there because Deep Breath is a skill and that's an Onyxia move, they even say "Onyxia's Deep breath" when they do it on screen.

Black doesn't thematically fit the ranged DPS or healing, so it'll probably be present in a lot of the class utility or base skills. We've seen like, 3% of this class so far. If they say all 5 are there, no reason they won't be.

15+ Year Old Account
    But it wasn't corrupted when the Dracthyr were made; any Black elements they'd have would be pure Neltharion. That said, it's definitely included. They have a Deep Breath move straight from Onyxia, and they've said *repeatedly* that all five Flights are present. Any official "blurbs" about them mentions that.
    You're right, when the Dracthyr were made, the black dragonflight weren't corrupted, but that didn't change that they became corrupted, and despite everyone's best interests, any black dragonflight on Azeroth ended up corrupted until N'Zoth was dealt with. However, to say that Deep Breath is Onyxia's alone, when Alexstrasza did something very similar at Wrath Gate, or any cinematic/quest that involved the Red Dragonflight did the same/similar things. Such as Twilight Highlands near Grim Batol, with that Red Dragonflight hub.

Flying and breathing fire's not simply limited to the Black dragonflight when Red's been using fire just as long.

we also do not know the full extent of the Evoker's spell list, so we can't say that black dragonflight styled spells dont exist yet, it's just way too early to say and/or fret about.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    You're right, when the Dracthyr were made, the black dragonflight weren't corrupted, but that didn't change that they became corrupted, and despite everyone's best interests, any black dragonflight on Azeroth ended up corrupted until N'Zoth was dealt with. However, to say that Deep Breath is Onyxia's alone, when Alexstrasza did something very similar at Wrath Gate, or any cinematic/quest that involved the Red Dragonflight did the same/similar things. Such as Twilight Highlands near Grim Batol, with that Red Dragonflight hub.

Flying and breathing fire's not simply limited to the Black dragonflight when Red's been using fire just as long.

we also do not know the full extent of the Evoker's spell list, so we can't say that black dragonflight styled spells dont exist yet, it's just way too early to say and/or fret about.
    I mean I would agree if Blizzard themselves hadn't called it "Onyxia's Deep Breath" when the Dracthyr did it on screen.

And yes, it's exactly my point that we've seen like, 3% of the class. Black influence is probably all over the utility aspect of it and parts of the base Evoker class

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean I would agree if Blizzard themselves hadn't called it "Onyxia's Deep Breath" when the Dracthyr did it on screen.

And yes, it's exactly my point that we've seen like, 3% of the class. Black influence is probably all over the utility aspect of it and parts of the base Evoker class
    They could have simply called it that as an example/test title and will change the name down the line. A lot of people seem to forget that these sort of things are still in the Alpha-Alpha-Alpha-Alpha cubed phase and everything's up for changing. The defensive cooldowns might be BDF related, too. who knows, lol.

Who knows, we might get a third spec that's tank related, with enough community input. But it's certainly not because anyone at Blizz is being lazy. They're giving us a lot of what we've been asking for years (i'm particularly excited about the new hybridized talent trees).

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of this Dracthyr Evoker hate reminds me of when the Pandaren were introduced in MoP.

I guess Blizzard is on the right track.

We saw a concept that still needs to be matured. But it was mentioned that Black will also be part of the class.

But even if it didn't, Neltharion created the Dragon Soul without imbuing it with Earth's powers. He might as well have done the same to those Demon Hun, I mean, Evokers.
    But that was not the case, calm down, blizz still has a lot to develop and present about this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It got moved to the dragonflight forum

7+ Year Old Account
    The only problem with the class is how they can only be elf and human

Lets be honest, "dracthyr" is not a race, they work exactly like demon hunters and druids, its a form your race turn, they don't even show your equipement

ITs ok to be ranged only, is ok to be dps and healer and mail user, but being exclusive to elves once again witht he lame excuse "its also a race" is fucking banans and its unbelievable how people are eating this, is like saying boomkin or demonform were a race.

Make their visage form be any Core race, not just "male elf/female human", and you essentially can be "evoker" as any race like monk and death knight was.

10.0 has its own subforum now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A lot of this Dracthyr Evoker hate reminds me of when the Pandaren were introduced in MoP.

I guess Blizzard is on the right track.
    Well, there was even plenty of Demon Hunter hate well before and after the class came out. Guess Blizzard can't please everyone.

Shit class 0 interesting and….for this shit raze….they dont know anything about What we want.

Where are my necromancer,warden,darkranger?????where?seriusly…where?

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Shit class 0 interesting and….for this shit raze….they dont know anything about What we want.

They definitely know about what *I* want. So uh, sorry?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post

In the garbage where they belong.

We already have warlocks, rogues and hunters.

(see what I did there?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Lets be honest, "dracthyr" is not a race, they work exactly like demon hunters and druids, its a form your race turn, they don't even show your equipement
    It's a race as much as worgen are. They're also a class.

Just like demon hunters are limited to night/blood elves. Because some of their combat mechanics change into a demonic form that's only artistically done as either of these elf races.

Worgen, however, show their armor off in either form, as will Dracthyr. This is Alphax4 levels of stuff, we haven't seen a fraction of what's going to go live, so it's way, way, WAY too early to make these sort of assertations.

The black dragon-flight is actually one of the more bland flights.
    It's main stick are:
    - breathing red fire, which is pretty much covered by reds
    - some control over earth magic
    - having black scales (yes, the edgy colored dragon)

All the while the shadow abilities were added in via the corruption, which these dragonlings precede.

So it's not that far off that black dragon-flight is going to be baked in as a base for the 2 available specs... providing some fire breaths (like in the preview) to both specs, but also some earth-based utility/defensive skills.