Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by defibrillator View Post
    It does. As I said, everything that contradicts already-established lore is a retcon.
    No, this does not change established lore. It adds to history. Again, it is all about perspective. We are not omniscient in this game.

The other thing you're missing is the fact that there is a distinct difference between the Chromatic Dragonflight and Drack'thyr. The Chromatic Dragonflight was an experiment carried out by Nefarian that used the blood of the five dragonflights to create whelps that would be of all five flights rather than just of one. Drak'thyr are a draconic species that can USE THE MAGIC of the five flights which basically boils down to your four elementals and arcane. We already have precedence for this since Mages use Fire, Ice/Water, and Arcane. Shaman use Earth, Fire Air, Water.

All Blizzard is doing is adding to history. It would be like archaeologists discovering that a civilization that predates Egypt came up with paper-like material, thus making Papyrus the second one ever created.

Your Snape example is terrible. Snape was always an ambiguous character who's loyalties were always questioned by the reader, but Dumbledore outright vouches for Snape 15 times before he gets killed. It's one of the few great pieces of writing in Harry Potter because both the "betrayal" and the "redemption" were already established narratively. Meanwhile Deathwing just comes out of nowhere and worfs Nefarian in science for no good reason other than that he's "muh aspect"
    I guess you missed the key word.... PERSPECTIVE. But fine, we'll toss that one out and move to Star Trek then. In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Khan Noonien Singh addresses Chekov stating "I never forget a face. Mister... Chekov. Isn't it? I never thought to see your face again." This is a retcon seeing as Chekov was not a member of the crew until after the episode "Space Seed" took place, so Khan never met Chekov.

Want more? Alien 3. The fact there's an egg on board the Sulaco that contains a facehugger that can apparently implant both a royal and normal Xenomorph embryo before dying. Let alone a viable host nearby to actually trigger its opening as we saw in the original Alien. And then of course there's the whole problem of Ripley torching all the eggs and shooting grenades into the Queen's egg-laying organ. Following that, Alien Resurrection magickally produces a viable blood sample taken 200 years prior on a world that was derelict with day time temperatures reaching 40C during the day and -20C at night.

Or how about the MCU? Dr Charles Xavier dies in X-Men: The Last Stand, yet he is in multiple movies that take place after. Oh, he conveniently a brain-dead twin brother whom he could transfer his conciousness into and whoop there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I don't think it changes anything at all. It actually adds to it.

Deathwing wanted to create a flight of dragons that could wield the powers of all 5 flights, which Nefarian continued, and the Twilight Father succeeded. Chromatus was the only "true" Chromatic dragon that didn't (and couldn't) die. The power of Azeroth's magic pouring through the Nexus was required to make the only true Chromatic dragon. Even the other Chromatics we see use limited powers, and we have never seen one older than a drake. Plus, they're all pink or purple.

Drakthyr are draconic-infused mortals. They were, basically, the first step toward making a Chromatic flight. But, they aren't "true" dragons. They're still part mortal. They can have many different colors for their scales, including silver and purple. I haven't even noticed if they have a Chromatic magenta color for their scales or hair.

It fits into the narrative perfectly. These were the first experiments towards a Chromatic flight. And while the Drakthyr were a successful experiment, they weren't the entire result that Deathwing wanted. Using the information Deathwing gathered to create the Drakthyr, Nefarian later on created the Chromatic dragonflight, but it still wasn't perfect. They didn't entirely have the powers of all 5 flights, and most died from birth. Then, with that data, the Twilight Father created the only one true Chromatic dragon, with 5 heads for each power.

Plus, we see a few different dragon-people that were combinations of mortals and dragons that were Nefarian's experiments.
    -Kyrak was one of the last living experiments of Nefarian's. He was forced to help the Iron Horde.
    -Maloriak was a human alchemist that was kidnapped by Nefarian and fused with the corpse of a Dragonspawn.
    -Tarvus the Vile can be found in Twilight Highlands.
    -Chromatic Prototypes assist Nefarian in his Cataclysm appearance.
    -Obsidian Wing-Spreaders appear in Island Expeditions among the Black Dragonflight (with one Chromatic drake).
    -There were also failed dragonman experiments, like Aberrations and Drakonid Monstrosity.

This suggests that Nefarian was trying to replicate the Drakthyr, but he wasn't entirely successful.

So, it fits in the lore fine.
    Just wanted to say thumbs up! Best post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I mean, Nefarian spent years creating chromatic dragons that wielded 5 dragon powers at once, and even when Deathwing personally continued these experiments, they had problems reviving Chromatus. Chromatic dragons simply died, apparently due to an overabundance of power. But now it turns out that once upon a time Neltharion simply created an entire race of Drakonids who wielded all 5 powers of the Aspects without any restrictions or consequences? Amazing
    That's not a plot hole, just an inconsistency. A plot hole is when there is a missing section of the plot, such as not knowing how something happened that shouldn't be a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I mean, Nefarian spent years creating chromatic dragons that wielded 5 dragon powers at once, and even when Deathwing personally continued these experiments, they had problems reviving Chromatus. Chromatic dragons simply died, apparently due to an overabundance of power. But now it turns out that once upon a time Neltharion simply created an entire race of Drakonids who wielded all 5 powers of the Aspects without any restrictions or consequences? Amazing
    I for one like to watch in morbid fascination, with the trainwrecks they produce in terms of consistency and overall story, it is almost art XD