Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I like this.

I don't want to do the exact same 8 dungeons for the next 2 years.
    The season dungeon rotations seems like it'll be nice. I just wonder if they'll make timewalking M+ for the older expansions they're pulling these old dungeons from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    I

Adding old dungeons is not new content. It's recycled content. It's lazy content.. but I am also in on the side that people who want it should have it, but don't force people to do it.
    Season 1 of DF m+ should be at least 8 new (DF) dungeons and optionally 4 additional TW dungeons. Notice the optional, not required.
    If you think that, that's fine, I don't think it's lazy though. They're doing more work here to give more M+ dungeons to run over the life of the expansion. It's more work than simply launching 8 at launch, then adding a split megadungeon in a year and nothing beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    God it would be such a good game if it did though

You really want to defend them blatantly recycling dungeons you've already done 100 times? I did Maw of Souls enough in Legion thanks
    Sounds like a trash game that caters to no-lifers. No I didnt do any dungeon 100 times.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no . you are missing the point - just like almost all people here miss it.

blizzard is multi billion $ company .

instead fighting for how to split it players should openly demand

8 new dragonflught dungeons first seaosn

8 new dragonflight dungeons 2nd season

and maaaybe maybe 3rd season could be some combo of season 1 and 2 dungeons and old ones.

why do you people settle for less ?
    Who asks for 16 dungeons within the first two patches of the expansion? I know Wrath has 16 total -- but they definitely werent all available by .1 with not all of them being liked either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I don't want 12 dungeons in Season 2 and I don't want to refarm BiS items if I can avoid it. 8 is perfect and Season 2 is completely new pool of dungeons and loot, which means no refarming. Sure, I will probably do 40+ runs for some other trinket, but it still sounds more fun than doing 40+ runs of Mists and DoS AGAIN, for the third time (and Season 4 is still on its way, yay!). I also think running things like MoP dungeons in high keys will be a completely new experience, so yeah, for me this interation is close to perfect.
    You are not running 8 new dungeons, you are running 4 new dungeons and 4 old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You are not running 8 new dungeons, you are running 4 new dungeons and 4 old ones.
    I also think running things like MoP dungeons in high keys will be a completely new experience

He said in season two it will be a completely new *pool*. As in we don’t have to farm the same 8 for two years. As in its a good change

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    I also think running things like MoP dungeons in high keys will be a completely new experience
    Ok but the core difference is that some people just want to do the 8 new dungeons instead of having to play old content on launch. It doesn't matter if the "experience" is new.

Does this mean we'll see 4 entirely new dungeons in season 3 though?
    4DF+4old s1>the other 4DF+4old s2>new 4DF+4old in s3?

They should have the time for that by season3

Can't wait for The Blood Furnace M+ to be rotated in

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post

Possibly. Ion seemed to phrase it in a way that they want to avoid gear overlap. Should at least be 2 completely new dungeons and possible 6 old ones. We'll just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Ok but the core difference is that some people just want to do the 8 new dungeons instead of having to play old content on launch. It doesn't matter if the "experience" is new.
    Same people probably don't regularly do M+ and have to run those same 8 instances for 12-18 months. I assure you that nothing feels "new" after your 20ths run of the same instance.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Can't wait for The Blood Furnace M+ to be rotated in
    I don't think you will see it or many mop ones tbh. They are both to short and with trash that is to simplistic. In tbc the threat was how hard mobs could hit but even if you somehow translate that to the modern game players ability to recovery and mitigate from damage would make them trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Okay but why? Like really, what is the reason? You are going to be running these instances over and over and over and over and over again if you are doing mythic plus and the 'newness' is going to wash off REALLY fast. So what is this deep desire to 8 options of a brand new dungeon right out of the gate and make them all stale and boring right away running them for two years instead of adding in some variety and checking out how they add in some old dungeons back into current content.

Like really, we have to have almost 150 dungeons in our catalog at this point, cycling in some old dungeons seems like it would be pretty fun. Honestly, I would think it would be cool if they added MORE older content in with mythic plus. Like a 4 new and 8 old or something to really keep it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I don't think you will see it or many mop ones tbh. They are both to short and with trash that is to simplistic. In tbc the threat was how hard mobs could hit but even if you somehow translate that to the modern game players ability to recovery and mitigate from damage would make them trivial.
    I honestly don't think I can name that many dungeons from back in the day that are 'shorter' than a mythic plus we have already had, which is Maw. Also if they are adding in these dungeons to mythic plus...clearly they will be tuning up the mobs in these dungeons in some way lol. Adding more, giving them different abilities, adding something different etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post

Personally I would rather have two M+ seasons per raid tier to keep things fresh. But if it is 1 M+ season per raid tier, they should be able to release more dungeons if that is their decision.
    Question is, how far back can they go to sample dungeons for M+? Anything before MoP is just not up to par in visual quality and would require a revamp effectively making it a new dungeon.

I honestly couldn't care less how people define "new" and "old". For me, all it counts is that different seasons will be fresh experiences instead of repeating previous seasons ad nauseam. And I suspect many dedicated m+ runners feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I honestly couldn't care less how people define "new" and "old". For me, all it counts is that different seasons will be fresh experiences instead of repeating previous seasons ad nauseam. And I suspect many dedicated m+ runners feel the same.
    well thats pretty certain, just take this thread as (poor) example, its 5 or so trolls just keep repeating "doesnt matter over the expansion we will get MORE m+ content than ever, its only 4 new in s1 so its 4 total" and the rest laughing at them...

Quote Originally Posted by Rayr View Post
    He said in season two it will be a completely new *pool*. As in we don’t have to farm the same 8 for two years. As in its a good change

I am not talking about season 2, lets get to play season 1 first, shall we?
    And that has effectively 4 dungeons.

No, it effectively has 8 dungeons. Dungeons you don't like still count.

I was explaining what the person you were responding to said, because it was clear you didn’t understand it or you just missed it.

We are having 8 new mythic + rotations for every season now, just because you dislike that 4 of them happen to be an older dungeon that is getting revamped doesn’t magically turn that number from an 8 to a 4. That’s not how any of this works
    Last edited by Rayr; 2022-04-25 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayr View Post
    I was explaining what the person you were responding to said, because it was clear you didn’t understand it or you just missed it.

We are having 8 new mythic + rotations for every season now, just because you dislike that 4 of them happen to be an older dungeon that is getting revamped doesn’t magically turn that number from an 8 to a 4. That’s not how any of this works
    You clearly confuse new with old.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV