Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioz10 View Post
    I was skipping the some of my favourite streamers during the night and I just couldn't believe some of the comments towards the devs, they are trying there best to get the game right, then theres the personal attacks towards some of the devs it's not on they don't deserve these kind of comments, they need to grow up, one day the Internet will change for the better and find these keyboard warriors and take action and to be honest I hope i'm around to see it happen
    Oh you poor naive soul. If only you knew the egos at play in the top AAA title publishing studios/companies.

People usually only go after devs who themselves have shown contempt towards the WoW community, while making shitty design decisions and sticking by them. Do you see the community go after obscure devs who are not public figures that have not made silly statements in QnAs or interviews? No. They rightfully call out the people in charge who are botching, or who have been botching the game in major ways for almost 7-8 years now, if not more.

End of the day this is still an expensive product you pay for, and demanding some level of professionalism and pragmatism from the people who make said product isn't too far fetched. And if the response to that from the devs is to belittle the game's community by saying "they know better than their players" while having not played their own game for almost a decade, then any angered response (as long as its not extreme) is only natural.

I have personal experience with the senior designers and producers of Anthem and saw how their "know it all" attitude and behavior towards the few people who even played the game saw that game go down the bin. I have been seeing similar attitudes and behaviors from the WoW team for about 4-5 years now, and it has me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You can call me whatever you want, makes no difference. When a developer treats it's customers well, especially long time and loyal customers then no customers talks ill about them either. I mean how are you not understanding this?
    You literally told someone else not make a devs an angel simply becuse they like the game. Why is it OK for you to do whatever you want, but not them? You don;t get to dictate to others how to treat a dev and then say you can treat them however you want. how are you not understanding THAT?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    Oh you poor naive soul. If only you knew the egos at play in the top AAA title publishing studios/companies.

People usually only go after devs who themselves have shown contempt towards the WoW community, while making shitty design decisions and sticking by them. Do you see the community go after obscure devs who are not public figures that have not made silly statements in QnAs or interviews? No. They rightfully call out the people in charge who are botching, or who have been botching the game in major ways for almost 7-8 years now, if not more.
    Those are your opinions, not facts. Did it ever occur to you that they don;t think they are bad designb decisions and that is why they stick by them? You aren't the sole dictator of what is good and bad. Basically you are going after them because they do not give you exactly what you wanted don't cater the game solely to you and nobody else.

End of the day this is still an expensive product you pay for, and demanding some level of professionalism and pragmatism from the people who make said product isn't too far fetched. And if the response to that from the devs is to belittle the game's community by saying "they know better than their players" while having not played their own game for almost a decade, then any angered response (as long as its not extreme) is only natural.
    I hate to break it top you, but the devs of WoW do play the game. ANd you acting "holier than thou" and having a "I know better than the devs" attitude towards them is no better, Treat them as you want to be treated.

I have personal experience with the senior designers and producers of Anthem and saw how their "know it all" attitude and behavior towards the few people who even played the game saw that game go down the bin. I have been seeing similar attitudes and behaviors from the WoW team for about 4-5 years now, and it has me worried.
    ANd player attitudes like this are not good for games either. It is what drives the good devs out because toxic players rip them apart because they aren't solely catered to and don't understand they are not the only ones playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You literally told someone else not make a devs an angel simply becuse they like the game. Why is it OK for you to do whatever you want, but not them? You don;t get to dictate to others how to treat a dev and then say you can treat them however you want. how are you not understanding THAT?

- - - Updated - - -

Those are your opinions, not facts. Did it ever occur to you that they don;t think they are bad designb decisions and that is why they stick by them? You aren't the sole dictator of what is good and bad. Basically you are going after them because they do not give you exactly what you wanted don't cater the game solely to you and nobody else.

I hate to break it top you, but the devs of WoW do play the game. ANd you acting "holier than thou" and having a "I know better than the devs" attitude towards them is no better, Treat them as you want to be treated.

ANd player attitudes like this are not good for games either. It is what drives the good devs out because toxic players rip them apart because they aren't solely catered to and don't understand they are not the only ones playing the game.
    What i'm understanding is that you're not very bright. You tell me not to dictate this or that, yet you try to dictate how i behave. This is all very rich. Have a nice day

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really simple - just don't be dicks, that all.

The general idiocy does not help anyone and it's just going to the trash pile anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    What i'm understanding is that you're not very bright. You tell me not to dictate this or that, yet you try to dictate how i behave. This is all very rich. Have a nice day
    You dictated to someone else, then said nobody can dictate to you. You can't even see your own hypocrisy and now are resorting to personal attacks to deflect away from it. Talk about being very rich.

The Dragonflight roundtable thing got a lot of hate but it's not the devs fault. It's PR.

I will never understand why the PR is so out of touch. Sure, they got the info they wanted out, but why present it that way. Don't they see how stupid and cringe it is? Is it some 18 year old that just got the job and never once went on the internet to see how people react and what they like or hate?

I don't get it. Who was that aimed towards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    People who want to know what's in next expansion.

Gamer bitching never seizes to amaze me.

The presentation was fine - I'd like to see some footage, especially new class stuff and them slapping on preorders+ their 2022 release date goal and giving Alpha date would make it great. But other than that, I am not sure why people are supposedly so tilted about it.

You dictated to someone else, then said nobody can dictate to you. You can't even see your own hypocrisy and now are resorting to personal attacks to deflect away from it. Talk about being very rich.
    I wish i was very rich, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

The presentation was fine - I'd like to see some footage, especially new class stuff and them slapping on preorders+ their 2022 release date goal and giving Alpha date would make it great. But other than that, I am not sure why people are supposedly so tilted about it.
    It wasn't fine. They kept talking to each other like they were having some sort of conversation, but it was all scripted. It would be a much better presentation if they did it live like the Live Letters for FFXIV or if they pre-recorded someone just talking to the camera explaining new features and stuff.

It was pretty shit.

It feels like they are desperate for a different audience but think the way to capture it is to annoy their current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It was pretty shit.

It feels like they are desperate for a different audience but think the way to capture it is to annoy their current one.
    Pretty much. I just don't understand what kind of audience they're after. Is it the tiktok audience? Who else would like such fake dialogue?

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't fine. They kept talking to each other like they were having some sort of conversation, but it was all scripted. It would be a much better presentation if they did it live like the Live Letters for FFXIV or if they pre-recorded someone just talking to the camera explaining new features and stuff.
    Talk about petty nitpicking.

If you ask me - they presented the features and the conversation was fine. Was it scripted? Maybe yes, maybe no. It's people who actually worked on that stuff, so take that as a plus.

You can bet if they'd bring some dude who does this shit every other few months or more - he'd do a slicker job, but there is value presenting with people who made it.

7+ Year Old Account
    -- snip --
    And here we have a snowflake who's too soft to fit out there in the real world.
    Work of all kinds is eligible for criticism, and when there's a product involved, customers will tell you how they feel about your product in a zillion different ways.
    Game devs are not immune to harsh criticism or people throwing mud at them, figuratively speaking. It's the same for any industries where expensive product based companies are cheaping out on their customers.
    You seem to have a very false sense of care and protection of these game devs who you do not know personally in any way whatsoever. You seem to think it's ok for you to ask randoms on the internet to only be kind to the game devs no matter what they feel about the product they buy, you think you have the right to do so just because of some false "moral ground" you think puts you on a pedestal.
    I'm not condoning or encouraging the constant peltering of game devs with what I'm saying, at least that's not my intention. What I am saying though, is that those "professionals" are only facing the consequences of their own actions. The devs who are being verbally bashed by the community are the same who have been looking down at that same community in one form or another - either via their social media handles, or in interviews or even through the callous nature of their work. People cannot physically be present next to those devs to give their feedback, their only outlet is the internet, and usually a visceral reaction to a thing or person is what gets eyes on something effectively, whether you like it or not that's fact.
    All actions have consequences - people from the community who go one step further and harass the devs are usually blocked and then reported by everyone looking at those threads, likely resulting in some sort of action on those accounts. If they go even further and threaten someone, the law gets involved. At the same time, when the devs put out stupid comments on their social handles or say stupid stuff in interviews that insults the intelligence of their game's community, they should expect people to not take it well, and in this internet age, they should expect a lot of vitriol online. If they're surprised by it, they shouldn't be allowed to be on the internet in an official manner or representing their company in anyway.

Your moral high ground has no standing when you freely choose to leave out all context. Don't bother responding to me, I won't bother reading cuz I know enough about you now to know it's pointless.

If you ask me - they presented the features and the conversation was fine. Was it scripted? Maybe yes, maybe no. It's people who actually worked on that stuff, so take that as a plus.

You can bet if they'd bring some dude who does this shit every other few months or more - he'd do a slicker job, but there is value presenting with people who made it.
    I'd say they presented much less than they usually do at an announcement. We usually get to see a couple of dungeons and the first raid as well as have deep dives for features. Would be nice to actually know something about Dragonriding progression instead of the fact that it just exists? We also are getting an expansion without a clear theme and arc.

I'd compare it a bit to the MoP announcement. While I absolutely loved MoP, I had no idea what to think off it when I saw the anouncement.

Stop being so biased and one sided, have you ever actually looked up some of the shit devs say to players and about players on their personal twitter handles? this hate isn't unjustified and born out of nothing.

They get what they give

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    -snip-.
    You missed my point entirely. IF you are going to harass and be toxic towards developers, you cannot turn around and whine that they are not respecting you. IF you want them to treat you with respect, you need to give them some.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say that it wasn't scripted, but had a general outline. Each dev prepared remarks for each bullet point on the outline. But it wasn't scripted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the reveal presentations were awkward. That was probably foreordained when someone made the decision to turn the cameras on a lot of people who aren't used to that. Blizzard has done that a lot the last few years and they would do well to invest in some knowledgeable people who are not developers per se but comfortable doing presentations to TV and live audiences and know how to produce them. The amateur nature of Blizzard PR events is sort of astounding what with the passing of giant microphones around in panels, etc.

So to counter that, the panels were apparently strictly organized with talking points that made them more like scripted PowerPoint presentations (as opposed to the usual PowerPoint presentations). It didn't work. Fine. It was always going to be a quieter, less-exciting sort of presentation with no audience of thousands to react against. I think we all know that no one at Blizzard is a Metzen.

My main critique of the reveal was the device of talking to one another as if none of them knew anything about what the other person was talking about. That clearly didn't work and someone at Blizzard forgot that this sort of thing is about being genuine with the audience.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Dragonflight roundtable thing got a lot of hate but it's not the devs fault. It's PR.

I will never understand why the PR is so out of touch. Sure, they got the info they wanted out, but why present it that way. Don't they see how stupid and cringe it is? Is it some 18 year old that just got the job and never once went on the internet to see how people react and what they like or hate?

I suppose the idea was to give the players a window into the dev environment, but i don't think it came across at all as it was clearly heavily scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I suppose the idea was to give the players a window into the dev environment, but i don't think it came across at all as it was clearly heavily scripted.
    Even worse, it was forced AF.

The hype felt so artificial it had the opposite effect - rather than creating genuine excitement, it was the equivalent of someone yelling into your ear "BE EXCITED, OKAY?!". It completely undermined the reveal, and only emphasized the fact that they had very little actual stuff to show us.