Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoW as a game is dead. nobody plays it, nobody likes it. nobody even likes blizzard. its just the crackheads who've been playing since they were kids, and the 50 year old virgins. everyone's blowing all their money into the shop hoping they'll make a name for themselves. the whole scene is pathetic and disgusting. The 'devs' don't give a shit about you, you're not even a human being to them.

NOBODY cares anymore so just move on. seriously, just uninstall it. You will be a million times happier without it in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    The only things on this list that could be considered scandals are the firing of the treehouse employee under questionable standards and the reverse engineering of code that wasn't theirs. Everything else is, you don't like them because they did this, but they were within their legal right to act as they did. A lot of the areas where they asked people to stop doing what they were doing was because they were doing emulation/selling hardware that was not theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

I thought the hate the one dev got during the roundtable announcement for Dragonflight was quite telling and disgusting. It is actually possible to not be hyped for a new expansion but also not be a complete pile of garbage towards one of the developer because of their appearance.

Its not to cool to take shots at the devs. But we have to admit sometimes they say and do things that are kinda like sticking your face out there and telling people at the bar(twitter) to just throw a punch. Either way.. doesn't mean anyone should actually throw the punch.. but.. when you see it happen you just kinda got to wince and shake your head. Like damn.. what did you think was going to happen here bro.

It's different when said developers are driving a game that millions care about into the ground with their own shitty, limited vision of what the product they're making is.

Of course people are critical of them. I'm not condoning things like death threats but I'm also not going to say that critical reception isn't warranted when the past two expansions have been as atrociously badly managed as they have been. If this is their best then they should move onto more appropriate lines of work because it's really not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    WoW as a game is dead. nobody plays it, nobody likes it. nobody even likes blizzard. its just the crackheads who've been playing since they were kids, and the 50 year old virgins. everyone's blowing all their money into the shop hoping they'll make a name for themselves. the whole scene is pathetic and disgusting. The 'devs' don't give a shit about you, you're not even a human being to them.

NOBODY cares anymore so just move on. seriously, just uninstall it. You will be a million times happier without it in your life.
    Is this a copypasta? If it's not, it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I thought the hate the one dev got during the roundtable announcement for Dragonflight was quite telling and disgusting. It is actually possible to not be hyped for a new expansion but also not be a complete pile of garbage towards one of the developer because of their appearance.
    People put in front of cameras get shit on for their appearance, news at 11.

Back to you Phil!

limp dick sissies get what they deserve, more news at 11

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post

Back to you Phil!
    also those “developers” are just pr faces I don’t for one fucking second think an old woman has anything to do with wow classic and if she does maybe she shouldn’t, jk rowling looking creep

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Okay, none of that makes it okay to insist on using imaginary numbers to support an argument.
    I have no idea what you are trying to say to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I have no idea what you are trying to say to be honest.
    Just saying "WoW's numbers are down," while referencing meaningless unsubstantiated numbers from a third party website then using that statement as the backbone for any kind of argument either for or against the current game design is a cop out. It's half-assed argument frequently found on discussion forums where people arrogantly assume that if WoW was just designed the way they think it should be that nobody would ever unsubscribe and the game would instantly restore itself to its WotLK-era glory days.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-06-25 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    The only things on this list that could be considered scandals are the firing of the treehouse employee under questionable standards and the reverse engineering of code that wasn't theirs. Everything else is, you don't like them because they did this, but they were within their legal right to act as they did. A lot of the areas where they asked people to stop doing what they were doing was because they were doing emulation/selling hardware that was not theirs.
    I mean, definitively a scandal is:

an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.
    and I always have discussions with people about Moral Relativism:

Moral relativism or ethical relativism is a term used to describe several philosophical positions concerned with the differences in moral judgments across different peoples and their own particular cultures.
    So if you don't see anything wrong with what Nintendo does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ very well, relative to you there isn't.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Just saying "WoW's numbers are down," while referencing meaningless unsubstantiated numbers from a third party website then using that statement as the backbone for any kind of argument either for or against the current game design is a cop out. It's half-assed argument frequently found on discussion forums where people arrogantly assume that if WoW was just designed the way they think it should be that nobody would ever unsubscribe and the game would instantly restore itself to its WotLK-era glory days.
    I'm just pointing out that unless there is a mass number of zombie accounts paying for wow without logging in and doing anything withing months wow doesn't have that many players atm.

I don't think wow's quality is tied to its sub number but it doesn't feel outlandish to say so wasn't well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post

Back to you Phil!
    If you condone it that's fine but personally I thought it was disgraceful behavior by people.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I'm just pointing out that unless there is a mass number of zombie accounts paying for wow without logging in and doing anything withing months wow doesn't have that many players at.
    The point is that it really doesn't matter whether WoW has 1 player, 10,000 players or 10,000,000,000 players -- if you're relying on subscriber numbers to support your argument, you didn't have a very good argument in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    You got some secret data about player numbers we don't know about? I'd legit love to see it.
    They don't. They literally make up a number to fit their narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Some devs are shit. Some forcefeed political ideals and alienate their primary fans and call their fans all kinds of stuff just for even putting a questionmark on the situation.

Some devs just dont do anything original.

Some devs sellout to a big company or EGS and a should it be a finnancial failure then that is it. All gone.

Some devs make a untruthful presentation of their game so that when you buy, it can look and/or play radically different than what they showed. Steam refund is good for this.

Just some examples, so dont elevate devs to some angel like status just because you like their games. They are people like you and me, and can certainly be cunts.
    And you don't call all devs garbage because you hate their games. That works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They don't. They literally make up a number to fit their narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

And you don't call all devs garbage because you hate their games. That works both ways.
    I can do whatever i want. I'm not the one selling a product. That was quite the lapse in logic

I can do whatever i want. I'm not the one selling a product. That was quite the lapse in logic
    So you are a hypocrite then. Well, players can hold up developers to be an angel then. Those people can do whatever they want too.

Absolutely amusing seeing players dictate others how they should act then claim they can act however they want. The hypocrisy is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So you are a hypocrite then. Well, players can hold up developers to be an angel then. Those people can do whatever they want too.

Absolutely amusing seeing players dictate others how they should act then claim they can act however they want. The hypocrisy is staggering.
    You can call me whatever you want, makes no difference. When a developer treats it's customers well, especially long time and loyal customers then no customers talks ill about them either. I mean how are you not understanding this?

What the hell are you even talking about? Get politics out of games and the world will be a lot calmer for it
    A calm world is a negative, not a positive.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    A calm world is a negative, not a positive.
    Depends if you ask the planet or humanity.