Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

A New Class Means a New Class Color - Evoker Class Color Revealed

A New Class Means a New Class Color - Evoker Class Color Revealed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    For the history of World of Warcraft, different classes have been visually distinguishable in various UI elements by the usage of a specific color that is unique to each class. For example, three different WoW classes can be identified by just glancing at the three following images:

(Mage, Paladin, and Rogue)

Yesterday, we announced the next class that will become a part of the visual feast of WoW classes, the Evoker, and we’ve defined a unique color for Evokers:

#33937F

It looks like this:

And in raid frames alongside the other classes, it looks like this:

We’re looking forward to incorporating the new Evoker class color into every place in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight where it belongs.

Neat, I guess. Not exactly information I was hoping for lol

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be red

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have made it a shade of yellow, having two shades of teal is rather chaotic visually.

... They could've gone with an unique color like grey, dark grey or black... and they went with green, a color that not only already exists, but we got two shades of it already: monk and hunter.

I wasn't sold on Evoker before but man. I really like this color so now I'm considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... They could've gone with an unique color like grey, dark grey or black... and they went with green, a color that not only already exists, but we got two shades of it already: monk and hunter.
    ... You mean the colors that they use for dead and disconnected party and raid members would fit better for you?

It's still perfectly distinguishable from the other two, so what does it matter?

This was honestly a multi hour conversation in our guild. I don't think anyone guessed dark green.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should've gone with a shade of yellow, red or brown.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    ... You mean the colors that they use for dead party and raid members would fit better for you?
    To be fair, in my experience with previous "new class mains," having their color naturally the same as somebody dead isn't too far off the mark. :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    This was honestly a multi hour conversation in our guild. I don't think anyone guessed dark green.
    I was thinking pitch black, but "halfway between monk and Shaman" works, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    To be fair, in my experience with previous "new class mains," having their color naturally the same as somebody dead isn't too far off the mark. :^)

- - - Updated - - -

How many deep breaths are we gonna see cause them to just fly off the edge

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Our main guess was a darker bronze between rogue and druid.

As many as we've seen DHs yeet themselves with Fel Rush, possibly even more if the charge ability is associated with distance. It'll be glorious.

Grey would be too similar to Priest (who is usually some shade of grey with textures applied) and black wouldn't work at all on dark backgrounds.

And for people saying red - we already have two shades of red (Paladin and DK), it'd be difficult to find a different enough shade.

Dark Yellow/Orange doesn't work, it becomes brown which is more or less what Warrior is already.

This color is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel like it should be red imo

Seems fine to me, I have issues picking these colors out at a quick glance anyway so I memorize names and classes. All the colors do for me is make it so the whole bar does blend together into some red bar graph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need a grey color... (If it just weren't for the 'Dead' color...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, can't wait for this. Going to be glorious. The first raid of the expansion HAS to have some kind of platform where this can happen. Or at least one of the dungeons. Come on it's a dragon isle, bound to be platforms high up with precarious edges that are easily dropped off. Blizz pls.

Is it a monk or is it a hunter? My monitor is crap so I can't tell.