Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Tyrande must go?

First - diehard horde fan. Second - maybe I just want some insight from the alliance playerbase, but:

How would to story unfold, if she would become the next Sylvanas? What does it take - would she become the permanent Night Warrior and raid Orgrimmar?

What's up with her accent?
    Why is she mad all the time(she was also this mad person before the tree incident).

Why is she SO ANNOYING?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye she was already annoying in Legion.. it only gotten worse.

She needs to go imo, she will never be cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only orcs able to kill her, only they have enough honor to do that while be a members of Horde council.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Only orcs able to kill her, only they have enough honor to do that while be a members of Horde council.
    But what's up with her accent? Why don't Illidan sound polish?

She is just this super mad person, nobody can relate to.

My god she is annoying - is it only me who feels like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande is cool.

They did ridicule her a bit with the whole blind rage at the start of SL, but I think as SL outro - she's on track back to be a good faction leader.

"Needs to go" - no she doesn't, she's one of the better ones.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm a neutral player, but I dislike her a little. I despised her for telling the first arcanist Thalyssra that she will not accept her people into the Alliance because she is unsure what monsters they will become in the future. So, what has she become since then? A vengeful night warrior. She blamed others for trying to survive, but she later did something very similar on a certain level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I'm a neutral player, but I dislike her a little. I despised her for telling the first arcanist Thalyssra that she will not accept her people into the Alliance because she is unsure what monsters they will become in the future. So, what has she become since then? A vengeful night warrior. She blamed others for trying to survive, but she later did something very similar on a certain level.
    --- snip ---

Mod Edit: This is not an appropriate subforum for roleplaying, nor was your original comment appropriate in the general sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Tyrande is cool.

They did ridicule her a bit with the whole blind rage at the start of SL, but I think as SL outro - she's on track back to be a good faction leader.

"Needs to go" - no she doesn't, she's one of the better ones.
    Maybe she misses Illidan who are on another planet working out on Sargeras.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-04-15 at 08:19 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean she was pretty on the money with Thalyssra she says she doesn’t trust them because the night bourn keep joining up with those trying to destroy the world and then they joined and backed sylvanas in a war started with a elf genocide.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    First - diehard horde fan. Second - maybe I just want some insight from the alliance playerbase, but:

How would to story unfold, if she would become the next Sylvanas? What does it take - would she become the permanent Night Warrior and raid Orgrimmar?

Why is she mad all the time(she was also this mad person before the tree incident).

Why is she SO ANNOYING?
    I think her story is over for now, I don't believe she will be doing much of anything after Shadowlands. Is there any need to off her? No not really she isn't a threat to the Horde anymore. I haven't read Shadows Rising so I can't exactly say if the Night Elves or Tyrande are even a threat to the Horde beyond taking pot shots at anyone tripping across them in the woods. Also to be real the devs assassinated the character a bunch of characters before Tyrande was added to the pile and she probably won't be the last.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I mean she was pretty on the money with Thalyssra she says she doesn’t trust them because the night bourn keep joining up with those trying to destroy the world and then they joined and backed sylvanas in a war started with a elf genocide.
    Yeah, that’s true too. It’s not that I hate her, just sometimes she annoys me.

Yeah, that’s true too. It’s not that I hate her, just sometimes she annoys me.
    Tyrande is annoying but not ruined might be a good way to look at her especially since the OP is comparing her with Sylvanas who was ruined.

Azshara should eat her and then replace her.

I just want a plot arch where she cheats on malf with illidan now that WoW has entered fan fic territory level writing
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Also to be real the devs assassinated the character a bunch of characters before Tyrande was added to the pile and she probably won't be the last.
    I mean, you don't really know how it will go.

Jaina too had her REEEE transition moment that lasted a while, but she got back on track and in a very good storyline too.

And Tyrande has all the right to go through that transition as well, what happened to her people is not some unfortunate accident, so I'd cut a slack there if she's venting the venom.

I do think she, alongside Greymane will be producing a good and important story dynamic down the line, given this whole Horde and Alliance BFFs going forward thing Warcraft evolves to. Not everyone should be Anduin or Baine writing love letters to each other in the story. There should be some friction, because then it makes the eventual breakthrough all the better.

Yes, we will be kicking some tentacle/dragon/crystal butt next few expansions, but the newfound Horde/Alliance cooperation does need characters with personal grievances like Tyrande, Talanji, Greymane and others who are not exactly immediately and unconditionally onboard.

Why is she SO ANNOYING?
    There has never been a point in WoW where the Horde wasn't actively killing her people.

Why wouldn't she be mad at the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    There has never been a point in WoW where the Horde wasn't actively killing her people.

Why wouldn't she be mad at the Horde?
    Sure - she can be mad.

Is she likeable and charismatic - I can't even imagine people liking her? And not charismatic, she is just on rage all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, you don't really know how it will go.

Jaina too had her REEEE transition moment that lasted a while, but she got back on track and in a very good storyline too.

And Tyrande has all the right to go through that transition as well, what happened to her people is not some unfortunate accident, so I'd cut a slack there if she's venting the venom.

I do think she, alongside Greymane will be producing a good and important story dynamic down the line, given this whole Horde and Alliance BFFs going forward thing Warcraft evolves to. Not everyone should be Anduin or Baine writing love letters to each other in the story. There should be some friction, because then it makes the eventual breakthrough all the better.

Yes, we will be kicking some tentacle/dragon/crystal butt next few expansions, but the newfound Horde/Alliance cooperation does need characters with personal grievances like Tyrande, Talanji, Greymane and others who are not exactly immediately and unconditionally onboard.
    You are right she does have every right to be angry, I just wish they didn't make her grievance feel so hollow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure - she can be mad.

Is she likeable and charismatic - I can't even imagine people liking her? And not charismatic, she is just on rage all the time.
    Tyrande is a character we have for 20 years and she had plenty of character development.

"She's just on rage all the time" is a thing from what last 2 expansions? Yeah, from all that happened - it's plenty justified.

If anything I'm not sure what you'd expect? Horde just literally destroyed her home, killed and burned thousands of her people and you expect her to be mellow like a kitten?

I'm not even sure what is this? Like legit, what do you expect her to be then, because what she is - is plenty understandable.

Sure - she can be mad.

She's plenty likable.

She's mad at the Horde. It might shock you, but there is a fairly large portion of Alliance who are tired of the Alliance "always" forgiving the Horde while they get off killing everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    You are right she does have every right to be angry, I just wish they didn't make her grievance feel so hollow.
    That's storytelling issue.

I think Blizzard made some mistakes with Tyrande in SL, in particular 9.0 where she went what appeared a full Elune corrupted berserk mode.

In the end WoW as a game can't really explore characters properly and never made a really good job with that without novels. At this point 17 years down the road, it's something we just have to live with.