Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Imagine being so clueless than when they announce highest profits in a decade from World of Warcraft last quarter cause there are 3 versions of it running, that somehow its on "life support" and not making money.

Imagine being so clueless, that claiming you "quit a game" after having paid the initial price and months of subscription, and probably tokens cause lets face it, most of you are against it but use it anyway cause you are terrible at the game, that somehow you are better from the person that actively plays all content

And in the end, we all know you are buying the next expansion and a ton of other things, throwing like 150$ in 2 months and then, failing at M+5 once more, then coming on here to complain.

Just dont play the game, it wont make any difference cause thats how they design the game, but you are too thick to understand the design of WoW is just to get you to buy the expansion and to keep you for a few months, they dont care as much after that, they know you are unsubbing, but you used to unsub after 1-2 months, now most of you take 5-6 months to unsub, whatever they are doing is more profitable.

But yes, lets pretend you know better.
    I'm sorry what? Where are you getting this information from? Activision blizzard (and blizzard games specifically) took a massive hit last quarter and blizzard games themselves have been taking a hit for a long time now.

https://investor.activision.com/news...2022-financial

Ill just put in one little quote here

For the quarter ended March 31, 2022, Activision Blizzard’s net bookingsB were $1.48 billion, as compared with $2.07 billion for the first quarter of 2021. In-game net bookingsC were $1.01 billion, as compared with $1.34 billion for the first quarter of 2021.
    Everything was basically down 30%. That's a massive hit.

And yes especially in terms of MAU, blizzard is sinking. Rapidly.

And in the end, we all know you are buying the next expansion and a ton of other things, throwing like 150$ in 2 months and then, failing at M+5 once more, then coming on here to complain.
    I haven't bought the last 2 expansions, if they haven't changed anything and it's still trash I won't be buying the next one either. And blizzard will continue to see profit hits time and time and time again.

I can't believe anyone would actually claim the blizzard hit "record sales" or hitting "highest profits" in a decade LOL.

You couldn't have outed yourself as anymore uninformed. This isn't a good time for blizzard games at the moment.

Just dont play the game, it wont make any difference cause thats how they design the game, but you are too thick to understand the design of WoW is just to get you to buy the expansion and to keep you for a few months, they dont care as much after that, they know you are unsubbing, but you used to unsub after 1-2 months, now most of you take 5-6 months to unsub, whatever they are doing is more profitable.
    Buddy, that mentality isn't working anymore idk how else to explain it to you. People have been just quitting the game. It hasn't been working out for you guys. The game is suffering at the moment.

-snip-
    Imagine how the last investor call showed they lost around 36% of annual revenue and around 42% of their MAUs. I know it's both Activision and Blizzard, but really the only thing that's going well in there is King with his Candy Crush.

I'm not saying you're not at least partially right, because what you said happens an awful lot. But on the same side Blizzard and WoW are not doing well right now - they're literally changing everything design wise to try getting people into the game again.

I can agree with the changes or not, and we can discuss a lot about how players really behave and what's best for the game or not. But one thing is sure - profits took a deep dive (for a multitude of reasons and not just GAEM BAD) and they're reacting very fast to change this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    I'm sorry what? Where are you getting this information from? Activision blizzard (and blizzard games specifically) took a massive hit last quarter and blizzard games themselves have been taking a hit for a long time now.

Yeah i should have counted that you are one of those and mentioned quarter four 2021, cause last quarter would confuse you.

"Within the Warcraft franchise, fourth quarter World of WarcraftTM reach and engagement continued to benefit from the combination of the Modern game and Classic under a single subscription. In 2021, World of Warcraft delivered its strongest engagement and net bookings outside of a Modern expansion year in a decade. Hearthstone® fourth quarter net bookings grew year-over-year, driven by a steady cadence of new content."

A game dying, when everyone was supposedly playing FFXIV and New World.

I know you are thick, relax.

Yeah i should have counted that you are one of those and mentioned quarter four 2021, cause last quarter would confuse you.

"Within the Warcraft franchise, fourth quarter World of WarcraftTM reach and engagement continued to benefit from the combination of the Modern game and Classic under a single subscription. In 2021, World of Warcraft delivered its strongest engagement and net bookings outside of a Modern expansion year in a decade. Hearthstone® fourth quarter net bookings grew year-over-year, driven by a steady cadence of new content."

A game dying, when everyone was supposedly playing FFXIV and New World.

I know you are thick, relax.
    Do you notice how formal and almost 'legal' sounding those words are? Do you understand what "In 2021, World of Warcraft delivered its strongest engagement and net bookings outside of a Modern expansion year in a decade." Means?

I'm actually asking you here to test your intelligence. Do you understand what this means specifically

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Imagine how the last investor call showed they lost around 36% of annual revenue and around 42% of their MAUs. I know it's both Activision and Blizzard, but really the only thing that's going well in there is King with his Candy Crush.

I'm not saying you're not at least partially right, because what you said happens an awful lot. But on the same side Blizzard and WoW are not doing well right now - they're literally changing everything design wise to try getting people into the game again.

I can agree with the changes or not, and we can discuss a lot about how players really behave and what's best for the game or not. But one thing is sure - profits took a deep dive (for a multitude of reasons and not just GAEM BAD) and they're reacting very fast to change this.
    I was just referring for the supposed period that everyone left to play FFXIV and New World, my point is that the game is losing players as it always does, i just hate the hypocrisy and lack of basic economics and math.

People think its the same people that play this game, they cant comprehend how massive the game is, how many people come and go, and that their personal existence is close to irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you notice how formal and almost 'legal' sounding those words are? Do you understand what "In 2021, World of Warcraft delivered its strongest engagement and net bookings outside of a Modern expansion year in a decade." Means?

I'm actually asking you here to test your intelligence. Do you understand what this means specifically
    It doesnt matter you delusional pleb, they cant lie about actual money cause they will be fucked, the way they word it is irrelevant, if the money is there.

Dear god, how thick are you people about basic economics.

It doesnt matter if they made 100 million from tokens and 5mil players quit the game, THEY MADE MORE MONEY THAN BEFORE, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

You are just another alt-account of the usual dumbasses on here that cant even complete a M+5, and need the game to magically go offline the next week to have an excuse that "ITS THE GAMES FAULT, I AM NOT USELESS AND BAD AT THE GAME WAHHH, FFXIV AND FURRIES ARE GODS".

i just hate the hypocrisy and lack of basic economics and math.

Imagine being so clueless than when they announce highest profits in a decade from World of Warcraft last quarter cause there are 3 versions of it running, that somehow its on "life support" and not making money.
    In 2021, World of Warcraft delivered its strongest engagement and net bookings outside of a Modern expansion year in a decade.

Am I being punked?

- - - Updated - - -

I was just referring for the supposed period that everyone left to play FFXIV and New World, my point is that the game is losing players as it always does, i just hate the hypocrisy and lack of basic economics and math.

People think its the same people that play this game, they cant comprehend how massive the game is, how many people come and go, and that their personal existence is close to irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt matter you delusional pleb, they cant lie about actual money cause they will be fucked, the way they word it is irrelevant, if the money is there.

Dear god, how thick are you people about basic economics.

It doesnt matter if they made 100 million from tokens and 5mil players quit the game, THEY MADE MORE MONEY THAN BEFORE, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

You are just another alt-account of the usual dumbasses on here that cant even complete a M+5, and need the game to magically go offline the next week to have an excuse that "ITS THE GAMES FAULT, I AM NOT A USELESS HUMAN BEING, WAHHH".
    Oh you're actually clueless....sweetie....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

As i was saying before that weirdo spammed me.

What i mean is, the massive hypocrisy of things, Quarter one reports a loss cause nothing new announced, and after Overwatch 2 and Diablo Immortal release, some sort of new high score.

And thats what i am talking about, the hypocrisy and lies/delusion of all these self-proclaimed Blizzard haters and "casuals" that think, unsubbing 10 months into the expansion, was somehow not accounted for from Blizzard and they are some sort of special super intelligent being.

Its just laughable and adorable how dense people are.

Many Buy to Play games are going through this problem "I AM QUITTING THE GAME CAUSE YOU HAVENT GIVEN ME NEW CONTENT", while the game just saw an influx of sales cause of a graphical update and the daily players went from 7k to 24k, so literally tripled and they reported a massive amount of sales never seen before in the last 2 years of the games release.

They cant understand how they are irrelevant, since they already BOUGHT THE GAME, and WoW pretty much works the same.

Blizzard wants to keep you subbed as long as possible, they know you are unsubbing, the point is, if 5 million people unsub the first month or the 6th month, and thats what i am bothered with, that they dont understand this.

Either never buy the game again, and move on cause it doesnt give you what you want or stop pretending you are special that after you dropped 200$ and unsubbed to only drop 200$ to another MMO, you are somehow "smart".
    Last edited by potis; 2022-05-11 at 01:12 PM.

As i was saying before that weirdo spammed me with stupid.

What i mean is, the massive hypocrisy of things, Quarter one reports a loss cause nothing new announced, and after Overwatch 2 and Diablo Immortal release, some sort of new high score.

And thats what i am talking about, the hypocrisy and lies/delusion of all these self-proclaimed Blizzard haters and "casuals" that think, unsubbing 10 months into the expansion, was somehow not accounted for from Blizzard and they are some sort of special super intelligent being.

Its just laughable and adorable how dense people are.
    It's not hypocrisy. Blizzard has objectively been losing MAU by the double digits for awhile now and they haven't been reporting in a positive light for a long time now. You even linked a page proving this.
    Last edited by Royru; 2022-05-11 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Then MORE people should leave and play those games instead. WoW is a hardcore MMO and if you don't like it you should leave. You're not allowed to get the same loot as those of us who can play hardcore, if you could then WE would leave and the game would die.
    You really think it's a hard-core game....dude

Runes of magic was more hard core and it was barebones for end game

The only hard-core aspect of WoW currently is time investment because of restrictions placed in the game for no reason aside from ego. All those "hard-core" players are LEAVING because of the insane requirements that is literally just time. The skill checks are disappearing in favor of one shot mechanics and the developers kneecapping the players because they found a way around it. Heck the most hard-core players in the game are the completionists and auction house goblins

Ok, makes sense. Second point a little less cause i don't think there's an actual lot of new players - most would be returning ones. The point is that what actually changed is not WoW itself but the playerbase (in general, the whole gaming scene changed a lot on 17 years) and the fact that when WoW was thriving there weren't really many other actually good options around, which happen to be right now.

Games like FF14 or GW2 are now pretty old as well, and have an awful lot of content that starts only after years starts to be compelling to an old school WoW player (at least for the sheer amount of stuff). The gameplay is totally different as well - and that may actually be a reason, people got bored or don't have the time for what WoW offers and other games can provide entertainment in a different way ( I love GW2 for example because i can literally play it whenever i want even after months and feel I'm not either left behind or have lost something on the way - but I also love playing WoW).

In the end, WoW is old, players change, more news at 11. And i think it's good for this to happen because after years we're seeing important changes (or at least we're told) in the game design and I'm genuinely curious about what they are doing for the game and the next expansion. So far I've seen a lot of good stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Hmm...
    Other than Ion saying that they are looking for a way to continue getting Tier sets outside of raids?
    You can *expect* something LIKE it going forward.
    Well to quote others, Ion says a lot of things, not all of them are 100% what we expect them to be... remember Azerite armor? Additionally, from the few sources that have reported Ion on this topic, there isn't a lot of detail on HOW it would work. In fact, in one instance, he refers having a profession tie in to make this conversion (of non-tier to tier).

That's seems a lot more complicated than what we have now. This complication may not necessarily be an improvement to the current system we have in SL.

Again, it seems premature to make judgements until we actually see the systems. These interviews should be considered for what they are: PR hype pieces. Their goals are to bring excitement of the potential for the next xpac without actually revealing the flaws of such systems that they haven't fixed yet.

I'm not saying that DF will be an Anthem (BioWare game) but call me a skeptic until we get Alpha/Beta coverage.

Everything you find in open world content or in raids or M+ is perfectly optimal to use in either system/content.
    Perfectly optimal would imply BiS. I don't think that's the right case here. Instead, I'd say the gear is broadly usable in any similar content but not necessarily "perfectly optimal".

As mentioned by me as well, more systems providing tier sets will also remove this "problem". Difference is, no one is excluded from anything and everyone can play what they want.
    Sure but players will find ways to "optimize" the quickest way to get those pieces which can have additional negative effects that outweigh the positive effects.

Take a similar look at Artifact Power, it provided tangible player power. The first version of the "infinite" trait gave 0.5% more DPS per point invested up to 10% more DPS (for 20 points of investment). The result that Artifact Power was everywhere meant that players found that chain running low M+2 in Maw of Souls was the best way to farm that AP.

As a result, AP was standardized so that short dungeons gave less AP and longer ones gave more. Additionally, the second "infinite" trait didn't give a consistent measurable DPS increase.

Sure having systems that allow players to play how they want may be ok but it needs to be balanced against players who would "game" the system to advanced faster than planned by Blizzard.

I don't think that is in any way whatsoever connected and a bold assumption imho. "Lets not do the Jailer, he doesn't drop any loot" Which kind of guild/raid group says that?
    From my server, at least 5 guilds have basically said that. They skipped Normal Jailer because they would rather work on Heroic and the few that are doing Mythic also skipped Heroic Jailer (for farm) because he doesn't offer worthwhile loot for the time invested. Sure they completed it once or twice so their folks could get AoTC but beyond that, they aren't interested.

You are trying to get people to play content by giving rewards, instead of getting them to play the content because it's fun.
    No I'm pretty sure that loot is a big incentive to players doing X content. Or rather, I think you would get less players doing content if it didn't reward loot at the end.

Take the return of the Mage Tower. How many folks actually have the Spelltome mount? That's a lot of work to get (7 scenarios) and it can be fairly difficult content. The end reward is cosmetic and doesn't offer any player power. According to DataforAzeroth only 0.9479% of all wow players have gotten this mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Then MORE people should leave and play those games instead. WoW is a hardcore MMO and if you don't like it you should leave. You're not allowed to get the same loot as those of us who can play hardcore, if you could then WE would leave and the game would die.
    That's a pretty extreme case though. Consider Wildstar which was billed to be a MMO for those "epic" raids but ultimately failed because like it or not, you need more than just raiders to keep the lights on.

Conversely I don't think players should be allowed to have quick "shortcuts" to rewards that more competitive and dedicated players grind out for.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Yeah but the thing about it is the size and the difficulty of these make it way more manageable. If wow had raids with a similar size (group size and actual raid length size) it would be much more laid back and relaxed to Sherpa.

The only thing I can imagine is try to walk into a raid like black temple (or whatever massive raid you want to think of) with 10/25 players being sort of lost. It’s miserable to even consider walking them through it.

Now imagine if we had raids like Malygos in wotlk with 5/10 newer players. Much more manageable. Much more laid back. Even if it takes “forever” it’s still going to take a 1/4 of the time a good BT run would take.
    You can run heroic 10 man mate

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post

Conversely I don't think players should be allowed to have quick "shortcuts" to rewards that more competitive and dedicated players grind out for.
    I use to hold this opinion when I was younger, but I just have to ask…

Why?

Like what is the real reason to gate keep end level gear to just the hardcore players? What benefits do we get by doing this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    You can run heroic 10 man mate
    It’s not just raid size, I think it’s a multi-layered issue.

Putting it simply I believe end game content should:

1. Take less time
    2. Take way less farming in order to compete
    3. Have smaller groups
    4. Are designed around queable formats

Basically I believe this world should exist where someone who has no guild, who plays regularly but not spending every day on the game, should be able to login at any time of the week and either q up or find a random pug for the current raid and should be ABLE to compete in the highest difficulty if they choose to.

Imagine being so clueless, that claiming you "quit a game" after having paid the initial price and months of subscription, and probably tokens cause lets face it, most of you are against it but use it anyway cause you are terrible at the game, that somehow you are better from the person that actively plays all content

But yes, lets pretend you know better.
    This comment is golden
    i like how you are saying what's on my mind

I use to hold this opinion when I was younger, but I just have to ask…

Why?

Like what is the real reason to gate keep end level gear to just the hardcore players? What benefits do we get by doing this?

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not just raid size, I think it’s a multi-layered issue.

Putting it simply I believe end game content should:

1. Take less time
    2. Take way less farming in order to compete
    3. Have smaller groups
    4. Are designed around queable formats

Basically I believe this world should exist where someone who has no guild, who plays regularly but not spending every day on the game, should be able to login at any time of the week and either q up or find a random pug for the current raid and should be ABLE to compete in the highest difficulty if they choose to.
    once the HoF closes you can pug mythic mode, there ... done. happened every season since AT least BFA Nzoth, don't know if they did before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    once the HoF closes you can pug mythic mode, there ... done. happened every season since AT least BFA Nzoth, don't know if they did before.
    And the HOF closes at 100 right? And the alliance is sitting at only 9 guilds completing it and horde only just now closed after over 2 months of being open.

No one sees an issue with that?

And the HOF closes at 100 right? And the alliance is sitting at only 9 guilds completing it and horde only just now closed after over 2 months of being open.

No one sees an issue with that?
    Not really, the horde/alliance imbalance is a seperate issue. The HoF closing just now after 2 months I don't have a problem with. Aotc is a fine goal to get, CE takes too much work.

But even if mythic was puggable from day one, i highly doubt pugs would have the endurance to get any of the mythic bosses down.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Not really, the horde/alliance imbalance is a seperate issue. The HoF closing just now after 2 months I don't have a problem with. Aotc is a fine goal to get, CE takes too much work.

But even if mythic was puggable from day one, i highly doubt pugs would have the endurance to get any of the mythic bosses down.
    Well part of the issue is I believe that the content itself should be shaped around it being puggable. I don’t think it should take 2 months for the sweatiest of the sweat community to break top 100.

This system is inherently anti-casual and I personally believe it’s a major part of what is killing the game.

Also if you took out faction imbalance and say it’s perfect, this would only mean that the HOF would only be half full on both sides right now and we would have to wait for god knows how long for it to finish.

If this game is ‘hardcore’ and it takes 2 months to fill out half of the hall of fame which is essentially just 200 clears of the instance, I don’t see that being a healthy environment for a game.

There are games out there that thrive so well under way more casual structures and the hardcore scene is doing just fine, they just finish the content quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the retail playerbase is too fragmented. 4 raid modes is too much. Reduce them to 2 modes, easy and hard.

Also, let's split up gear for M+/pvp/raids again. Gear for these categories can share base stats, but have special bonuses that are only good for the content they came from.

Well part of the issue is I believe that the content itself should be shaped around it being puggable. I don’t think it should take 2 months for the sweatiest of the sweat community to break top 100.

This system is inherently anti-casual and I personally believe it’s a major part of what is killing the game.

Also if you took out faction imbalance and say it’s perfect, this would only mean that the HOF would only be half full on both sides right now and we would have to wait for god knows how long for it to finish.

If this game is ‘hardcore’ and it takes 2 months to fill out half of the hall of fame which is essentially just 200 clears of the instance, I don’t see that being a healthy environment for a game.

There are games out there that thrive so well under way more casual structures and the hardcore scene is doing just fine, they just finish the content quicker.
    We have mythic because people asked for it, and now you want it back to being "easy". I don't believe for one minute that you'd have the stamina to chain wipe weeks on end based on what you want for the game.

Azharok - Dalaran EU