Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ...
13
53
61
62
63
64
65
73
... LastLast
  1. #1241
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    It depends on what you do. If you think getting WF or getting into the HoF are easy, it just shows how little you know about game
    I likely know more about the game than 90% of the people who post here, and judging by so many of the comments I've read, I'm being very generous. So many things I've read people say are "hard" and I think "man, I hope you never play Dark Souls..." There are more bad players than good players in any video game, so there will be players who think things are harder than they really are or are measuring "being hard" by an extremely flawed metric because it's the only metric they can rationalize to support their stance.

    Example: Fat Joe cannot jump more than 3" off the ground. Therefore, Fat Joe says jumping is one of life's "hard things to do".
    Want a livable wage? Get a real job.

  2. #1242
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except Blizzard has consistently talked about how when you put a wall infront of most players they will not struggle to get past it, they will simply quit.

    That is why the old progressive (de)buffs existed and modern expansions use unlocking player power. 'Get good or quit' overwhelmingly leads to 'ok, I quit'.
    You seem to miss the point. Do people quit because they can't do 20+? No. Some are content to never even get to 15s let alone 20s. Do people quit because they can't do Mythic raids? No. -They do Heroic and are content to do so. There's a psychology going on, where players want to feel rewarded for their efforts, despite what the effort or stream of content is. There was once a line in the sand and that was guilds and when Blizzard slowly killed off the requirement to be in a guild in order to raid, the skill of the average player declined.

    I need to tell you why. Peers. Good players in guilds would teach bad players and those that didn't learn and adapt were benched and left for guilds at their level of play. When this is controlled via content streams such as LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic raids, then you'll find that players don't feel the need to be competent at their class and really don't have anyone to look up to and offer them personalized tutoring to become a more solid player and hang with the big kids.

    This is the root cause of the problems, players are playing an MMO in a bubble and need little to no interaction with other players at all. There's a give and take in terms of cost versus benefit and Blizzard certainly did weigh the costs and saw the benefit in shattering the more casual guilds in favor of making content more accessible to players who had either little time or care to push toward end game. Few did Sunwell in BC. No one quit because of it. Few did Algalon in Wrath and that wasn't a reason to quit at all. Just like in vanilla with Naxx and even AQ40. Less than half the playerbase even zoned into Naxx during it's cycle.

    Content streams now give players options to stay in their lane and some bleed out of it because there is little to no gear disparity between streams. Over time, with persistence even the most casual player can access some pretty decent item levels and happily give the illusion they are a competent player while being sub-par in every aspect of their class; spec, rotation, talents and even addons play a significant role in solid play. -When many players have no idea such things even exist and have no real connection with others in order to refine and master their class, they are left feeling pretty hopeless and are certainly the ones that quit in the end.

    So you are totally wrong. Blizzard is totally wrong. I'd honestly say I have more /played than ANY person at Blizzard and can quite honestly say they got it wrong. We all did. There needs to be a slow push back into guild structures and the need for newer players to access the knowledge of their fellow gamer not through wowhead or youtube or twitch, but the way I learned- through my fellow gamers who put in the time and effort to theorycraft and master their class.

    Blizzard is so focused on polishing the carrot they forgot about the stick.

    THINK. If OP was in a guild would such a post even exist? No. If every raider were guilded or the greater percentage of raiders all guilded instead of PUGing would the game and the general skillset of the average player increase? Thereby making it more fun for all involved? Yes, it would. Think of it as like a poorly trained dog, the dog is frustrated because the owner yells and the owner is frustrated because the dog is poorly trained. Humility goes a LONG way. Blizzard needs to take a humble step back. The drawcard for vanilla was what? Guilds. Great success too. Shows people don't give much of a damn about content, they care more about one of the Ms in the MMO and Blizzard needs a bonk on the head and to roll some heads to get back on track to what a real MMO is about instead of being so fascinated with it's own reflection in the mirror. It's a company run by people and people make mistakes, they also draw forgone conclusions as to what players really want when logging in. It's got nothing to do with pixels. What has kept me going for 18 years with an average of 4 hours per day in game?

    -One of the Ms in the MMO. I have a massive friends list and Blizzard would do well to be reminded of what made them love Everquest so much; playing together as a guild every night. Many newer players don't even bother to look to guilds at all, and I don't blame them, there's really no incentive to do so. One problem compounds on another and Blizzard is foolish not to see it plainly. -Or too scared to go back or change the current state of player interaction. PVP is a massive reflection of this; it's dying and what we have left is soft gamers crying about faction hatred saying it's naughty. -That's the bottom of the barrel speaking right there.

    One step Blizzard should make RIGHT NOW is guild housing. A guild lodge would do a LOT for the game, as would a 'account' bank- ie a bank that all toons can access. Many players like myself have their own guild simply because it's nice to have a bank that every toon can access. Many are reluctant to leave their guild because of this. Guild housing, account banks AND shared rep/gold/currency across your entire account would be a HUGE draw for the many that have quit. That along with guild housing and guild level progression ie Mythic would be a huge step in the right direction.

    So no, if you make things rough, many do actually come together to overcome the difficulties and just about EVERY person who went back to classic or TBC wanted to either feel that again or touch on it because it had been raved about to them in the past; probably the very thing that drew them to Warcraft in the first place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Example: Fat Joe cannot jump more than 3" off the ground. Therefore, Fat Joe says jumping is one of life's "hard things to do".
    Speaking of flawed metrics; Fat Joe CAN still jump. What metric are YOU using? The height? But he can jump, so it's not hard, getting height is. I like your arrogance in saying the arbitrary you know more than 90% though, it made me laugh out loud. Really.
    Last edited by zysis; 2022-05-24 at 07:09 PM.

  3. #1243
    Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    Speaking of flawed metrics; Fat Joe CAN still jump. What metric are YOU using? The height? But he can jump, so it's not hard, getting height is. I like your arrogance in saying the arbitrary you know more than 90% though, it made me laugh out loud. Really.
    It is hard, Fat Joe said it is because he can't do it.

    And I thought "Why would someone laugh at that comment?" Then I saw your post count and realized you've clearly not read enough comments here to know that being smarter than 90% of the people in this forum is not even an accomplishment.
    Want a livable wage? Get a real job.

  4. #1244
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    It is hard, Fat Joe said it is because he can't do it.

    And I thought "Why would someone laugh at that comment?" Then I saw your post count and realized you've clearly not read enough comments here to know that being smarter than 90% of the people in this forum is not even an accomplishment.
    Well you certainly aren't one of them. The 10% that is. Fat Joe CAN jump. Now you say he can't? Jumping high is hard, but not jumping. There's no information to say otherwise. Critical thinking much? Moving the goalposts or just forgetting your statement? Concession is the highest form of intellect, you do know that, right? This should prove quite amusing.... /popcorn.

    Apparently it takes post counts to read posts on forums. Who knew-? Yep. That 90% eh? What you say unto others, you say unto yourself. Please, more rapid assumptions. Perhaps a little more idiom is required too, I like those who thrive on cliches, it's very amusing.
    Last edited by zysis; 2022-05-24 at 07:38 PM.

  5. #1245
    Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    Well you certainly aren't one of them. The 10% that is.
    Prove it. I'll wait.

    Fat Joe CAN jump. Now you say he can't? Jumping high is hard, but not jumping. There's no information to say otherwise. Critical thinking much? Moving the goalposts or just forgetting your statement? Concession is the highest form of intellect, you do know that, right? This should prove quite amusing.... /popcorn.
    Sounds to me like the point


    __________



    Your head


    I don't mean that as an insult. It just clearly wasn't for you.
    Want a livable wage? Get a real job.

  6. #1246
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Prove it. I'll wait.
    LOL you already have you dullard.

  7. #1247
    Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    LOL you already have you dullard.
    Yeah, I kinda figured you had nothing.

    Run along.
    Want a livable wage? Get a real job.

  8. #1248
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    It is hard, Fat Joe said it is because he can't do it.

    And I thought "Why would someone laugh at that comment?" Then I saw your post count and realized you've clearly not read enough comments here to know that being smarter than 90% of the people in this forum is not even an accomplishment.
    Can't do it? This is getting very confusing. Not being able to jump and not being able to jump over a certain height are two different things.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-24 at 08:39 PM.
    [QUOTE=Ielenia;53871051][QUOTE=Rocksteady 87;53870999]It's amazingly amusing how much trouble you have with basic English. The point was that despite (you may need to look that word up, apparently) being garishly colored and contrasting, it still goes unnoticed. Despite. Despite.[/qutoe]
    Then perhaps you should actually use english and correctly construct your phrases next time?

  9. #1249
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    WoW is an easy game, no matter how anyone tries to rationalize it. And there are people who try mythic raiding who do wipe that many times on bosses because either 1) They're just not very good. 2) They know if you die enough times, you'll eventually get it. To me, the latter is more common and not very fun.
    Idk I have plenty of friends who beat single player games on the highest difficulty including dark souls stuff, yet they can't manage to do respectable DPS in this game. I don't think difficulty is really a fungible concept

  10. #1250
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Can't do it? You said he CAN do it. This is getting very confusing. Not being able to jump and not being able to jump over a certain height are two different things.

    Hilarious that it can't see it's own stupidity. -No wonder it claims itself so intelligent LOL ohman... SOMEBODY STOP ME!~

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Yeah, I kinda figured you had nothing.

    Run along.
    I repeat (LOL) what you say unto others, you say unto yourself. Oh god this is actually getting pretty good. Pity it's uh... got nothing and run along. LOL

  11. #1251
    High Overlord Ghanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Shrubbery
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Example: Fat Joe cannot jump more than 3" off the ground. Therefore, Fat Joe says jumping is one of life's "hard things to do".
    It's fascinating how this example is perfectly reasonable but people try their hardest to poke holes in it, or even interpret it completely differently to what is stated.
    Those arguing over this point most likely understand what the OP is trying to say with this but will go to extreme lengths just to prove it wrong even though they understand what the point OP is trying to make, and that this is just a hypothetical example that doesn't need explaining.

    You guys really need to stop acting out your keyboard warrior fantasy. Take a few seconds to lean back and start thinking what you guys really are doing by fighting this.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-24 at 08:24 PM.

  12. #1252
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I am because I can perform at a high level which is why I deserve gear and those that suck don't. The game would be better off if all the casuals left, they do not deserve gear.
    There are enough good performing persons to not take narcissist.

  13. #1253
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    It's fascinating how this example is perfectly reasonable but people try their hardest to poke holes in it, or even interpret it completely differently to what is stated.
    Those arguing over this point most likely understand what the OP is trying to say with this but will go to extreme lengths just to prove it wrong even though they understand what the point OP is trying to make, and that this is just a hypothetical example that doesn't need explaining.

    You guys really need to stop acting out your keyboard warrior fantasy. Take a few seconds to lean back and start thinking what you guys really are doing by fighting this.
    What is truly fascinating is that you'd defend this moronic statement written by a person declaring itself to be more intelligent than 90% of the people here.

    Let's look at this plainly; Fat Joe can jump 3 inches, he declares jumping to be hard.

    Yet the reality is that fat joe can indeed jump, the difficulty in doing so is not represented in the statement other than joe is too fat to jump higher. Jumping isn't hard for Fat Joe at all (this is high school level stuff) but jumping HIGH is. Thus, the statement is flawed. Do you feel less or more intelligent for defending this depressingly dull-witted analogy or do you feel a bit like the guy who stated it-?

    Not a keyboard warrior champion, just someone who is VERY good at critical thinking and likes to remind a person suffering from Dunning Kruegers that they aren't nearly as intelligent as they may think. Please, entertain me, get back on your other account

    So no, the statement is not "perfectly reasonable" it's a fallacy and must be corrected. It's also prudent to remind a person making statements of their own intelligence to reveal to them that they are in fact, not very intelligent as outlined by their own poor analogy.

    Now here we are, with you defending the arrogant dullard. Calling us keyboard warriors doesn't absolve you of being a keyboard warrior yourself, does it? I suppose it's more difficult to see yourself in the mirror when all you are doing is spouting idioms.
    Last edited by zysis; 2022-05-24 at 08:38 PM.

  14. #1254
    Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    You seem to miss the point. Do people quit because they can't do 20+? No. Some are content to never even get to 15s let alone 20s. Do people quit because they can't do Mythic raids? No. -They do Heroic and are content to do so. There's a psychology going on, where players want to feel rewarded for their efforts, despite what the effort or stream of content is. There was once a line in the sand and that was guilds and when Blizzard slowly killed off the requirement to be in a guild in order to raid, the skill of the average player declined.

    I need to tell you why. Peers. Good players in guilds would teach bad players and those that didn't learn and adapt were benched and left for guilds at their level of play. When this is controlled via content streams such as LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic raids, then you'll find that players don't feel the need to be competent at their class and really don't have anyone to look up to and offer them personalized tutoring to become a more solid player and hang with the big kids.

    This is the root cause of the problems, players are playing an MMO in a bubble and need little to no interaction with other players at all. There's a give and take in terms of cost versus benefit and Blizzard certainly did weigh the costs and saw the benefit in shattering the more casual guilds in favor of making content more accessible to players who had either little time or care to push toward end game. Few did Sunwell in BC. No one quit because of it. Few did Algalon in Wrath and that wasn't a reason to quit at all. Just like in vanilla with Naxx and even AQ40. Less than half the playerbase even zoned into Naxx during it's cycle.

    Content streams now give players options to stay in their lane and some bleed out of it because there is little to no gear disparity between streams. Over time, with persistence even the most casual player can access some pretty decent item levels and happily give the illusion they are a competent player while being sub-par in every aspect of their class; spec, rotation, talents and even addons play a significant role in solid play. -When many players have no idea such things even exist and have no real connection with others in order to refine and master their class, they are left feeling pretty hopeless and are certainly the ones that quit in the end.

    So you are totally wrong. Blizzard is totally wrong. I'd honestly say I have more /played than ANY person at Blizzard and can quite honestly say they got it wrong. We all did. There needs to be a slow push back into guild structures and the need for newer players to access the knowledge of their fellow gamer not through wowhead or youtube or twitch, but the way I learned- through my fellow gamers who put in the time and effort to theorycraft and master their class.

    Blizzard is so focused on polishing the carrot they forgot about the stick.

    THINK. If OP was in a guild would such a post even exist? No. If every raider were guilded or the greater percentage of raiders all guilded instead of PUGing would the game and the general skillset of the average player increase? Thereby making it more fun for all involved? Yes, it would. Think of it as like a poorly trained dog, the dog is frustrated because the owner yells and the owner is frustrated because the dog is poorly trained. Humility goes a LONG way. Blizzard needs to take a humble step back. The drawcard for vanilla was what? Guilds. Great success too. Shows people don't give much of a damn about content, they care more about one of the Ms in the MMO and Blizzard needs a bonk on the head and to roll some heads to get back on track to what a real MMO is about instead of being so fascinated with it's own reflection in the mirror. It's a company run by people and people make mistakes, they also draw forgone conclusions as to what players really want when logging in. It's got nothing to do with pixels. What has kept me going for 18 years with an average of 4 hours per day in game?

    -One of the Ms in the MMO. I have a massive friends list and Blizzard would do well to be reminded of what made them love Everquest so much; playing together as a guild every night. Many newer players don't even bother to look to guilds at all, and I don't blame them, there's really no incentive to do so. One problem compounds on another and Blizzard is foolish not to see it plainly. -Or too scared to go back or change the current state of player interaction. PVP is a massive reflection of this; it's dying and what we have left is soft gamers crying about faction hatred saying it's naughty. -That's the bottom of the barrel speaking right there.

    One step Blizzard should make RIGHT NOW is guild housing. A guild lodge would do a LOT for the game, as would a 'account' bank- ie a bank that all toons can access. Many players like myself have their own guild simply because it's nice to have a bank that every toon can access. Many are reluctant to leave their guild because of this. Guild housing, account banks AND shared rep/gold/currency across your entire account would be a HUGE draw for the many that have quit. That along with guild housing and guild level progression ie Mythic would be a huge step in the right direction.

    So no, if you make things rough, many do actually come together to overcome the difficulties and just about EVERY person who went back to classic or TBC wanted to either feel that again or touch on it because it had been raved about to them in the past; probably the very thing that drew them to Warcraft in the first place.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Speaking of flawed metrics; Fat Joe CAN still jump. What metric are YOU using? The height? But he can jump, so it's not hard, getting height is. I like your arrogance in saying the arbitrary you know more than 90% though, it made me laugh out loud. Really.
    I honestly don't think the issue is a single entity. When I think of my first experience with group play in Burning Crusade, it was in Teldrassil, making my first character, and there was a guy riding around on one of the epic tigers helping newcomers out. What we have today is so far removed from that regarding community, it's ridiculous. Also in BC, you'd just be questing in a zone, and there'd be elites. Now, we group find to finish it, but back then we'd have to search the area, or guild to actually complete the content. The former seems like a train you just jump on and off, not too far removed from lfg. Sometimes people acknowledge each other, other times one isn't sure if they're even human, the quest is done and the group vanishes immediately. So essentially there's no community building like there used to be.

    I've argued a few times now about human nature, and the path least traveled being an issue. So, when the developers decided, "hey you don't even really need to talk to people anymore to complete this content", guess what people started leaning towards? I mean it should be in the player/developer agreement, that the player understands that you will interact with people, and are expected to do so to have a proper MMO experience. I mean are people really surprised that anti-social people can be crude, dismissive, self-centered, ect? I myself am a big introvert, but most people I interact with on the daily don't care so long as I show courtesy, and treat people the way I want to be treated.

    So, yea I do mostly agree with your assessment, but I do as mentioned think there's more than this problem. I think earlier expansions and especially vanilla wow had so much more content than we currently get, it kept those non-raiders happier over time, because you weren't even getting to max level until a few weeks or more. The leveling was no joke, and running a dungeon was way more of an event than it is today. Today, it's spam efficiency nutting. It used to be taking time to get a group together, traveling to the dungeon, then the dungeon was a learning experience, and guess what, you ain't kicking anybody out unless they are horrendous or rude, because getting another player took more than 5 seconds for the group finder to slot in. This had it's downsides of course, but the dungeons maintained their relevance, and had more of a perceived value to the loot, because it's not something that could be spammed.

    So, the solutions? Well, they can't take the rug from under the feet of those who are now used to this system and rely on it, BUT I do think what they can do is give a classic option for grouping. Or, I suppose they could be very bold and say no group finder until X amount of time into an expansion, similar to how pathfinder functioned, but for grouping. Sort of like attunement, but one that would take time. Yea, people would complain, but oh well at some point you have to put your foot down, because listening to all this advice from these players has resulted in the game becoming way worse, and that's not even opinion, the game objectively is performing way worse than ever. Not revenue, but the community and number of subs.

  15. #1255
    Blizzard is entirely oblivious to this one, simple fact. And it's gone so far past the path to correct it that WoW is completely unsalvagable unless they completely gut their design teams and essentially start over from scratch with people who do understand that one, simple fact.

    It's so ingrained in them that it's even festered in the minds of a certain portion of the gaming population who are pretty much incapable of thinking for themselves, and can only regurgitate what they've heard and seen. Like a MAGA Republican, it's impossible to convince them of anything else, especially if they've uttered even a single word to the contrary, as in their brains they've invested far too much to admit that they're wrong. They just can't do it. It's beyond their willingness to do so.

    That said, I think the most hilarious thing about the entire debate (which is an unfair term, as speaking objective truth vs. vomiting up rambling nonsense isn't a debate) is that anyone thinks World of Warcraft is "hardcore" to begin with. A game so "hardcore" that it gets beaten practically the same week new content is released.

  16. #1256
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Can't do it? This is getting very confusing. Not being able to jump and not being able to jump over a certain height are two different things.
    And in the end it makes zero difference. We both know that casuals don't deserve rewards. Join premade groups and get good or live without rewards or fucking quit the game. They don't deserve to play the same game as us.

  17. #1257
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    It's fascinating how this example is perfectly reasonable but people try their hardest to poke holes in it, or even interpret it completely differently to what is stated.
    Those arguing over this point most likely understand what the OP is trying to say with this but will go to extreme lengths just to prove it wrong even though they understand what the point OP is trying to make, and that this is just a hypothetical example that doesn't need explaining.

    You guys really need to stop acting out your keyboard warrior fantasy. Take a few seconds to lean back and start thinking what you guys really are doing by fighting this.
    Nonconstructive responses are not uncommon, unfortunately. It’s a form of sealioning.
    Want a livable wage? Get a real job.

  18. #1258
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Here here. Casuals don't deserve fucking loot.
    And Blizzard doesn't deserve their fucking $$$. This goes both ways.

    Blizzard isn't handing out loot because it's a moral reward engine. They do it to entertain people so they keep sending Blizzard money. Designing a game that tells average players they suck and should feel bad is not a winning strategy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The greatest use of a life is to spend it on something that will outlast it." -- William James
    "The Oculus, but it's the whole expansion!" -- Brianna Royce, Massively OP, on Dragon Riding

  19. #1259
    Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    So, the solutions? Well, they can't take the rug from under the feet of those who are now used to this system and rely on it
    Of course Blizzard can. Blizzard can do anything they want, it's their game. WoW is an Everquest clone and it has long since made it's own identity but has strayed from the path to try get more at more subs but in the end, those attempts led to failings and if I'm to be honest, they lost a LOT more than they gained by making the game less immersive with others.

    There is no law saying Blizzard can't do it, and historically Blizzard have removed, shifted, changed and even reworked many things in the game, including LFR, LFG and even the way we earn or spend in game currencies. Some things are poorly thought out, such as LFG making all dungeon designs easy to path and fairly quick to clear. There can be change provided the immersion and the dedication to the player is there. Players will support Blizzard in most things they do but the most vocal are the haters. Blizzard has to stop reading the haters and the backseat developers. -Even employing them. Blizzard needs to put Warcraft back to it's roots before the M in the MMO is totally gone. Let's face facts; the game will collapse when there are very few players. -Not because it won't be able to fund new content or expansions, but because there simply won't be enough players to call it an MMO. Reaching new markets is a flawed approach when the very backbone of the game itself has decayed to the point where it's really not an MMO anymore, you just happen to get smushed into groups to complete collective content and as you've stated it's a very sterile experience.

    Blizzard has the power to change the game it just needs the courage to do it. There's an easy middle-ground for the more casual type of player already, there just needs to be a more heavy handed approach to getting people to play together and interact more. I'm not a defeatist and I love my Warcraft more than I should. I think in terms of solutions and not problems and refuse to be a defeatist and say Blizzard cannot change what wasn't intended in the first place.

    Here, I'll do it for Blizzard. The big think; Bring back 40 player raiding and make it CRAZY HARD. Let LFR do it, but make the gear look nothing like the 40 player stuff and tune it all so our spells aren't taking up so much screen estate. It's very simple to work in solutions and it's very difficult for some to even see them. 40 player raids easily allow quite a few noobs in, trust me. If it's difficult players will resort to discord for comms. Bam. Interaction and people start chatting and low and behold let's meet same time next week blah blah blah I make friends in the game all the time but there's little I can do in terms of encouraging them all to come together under one banner because all I do is M+ content and there's simply not enough room for everyone. If 40s were a thing, many would band together and that alone is what would keep quite a few playing- the people, NOT the content as I've stated many times across many years.

    Think of it like a 2 hour world boss fight, people smoothly come together for that and I'm hinting at guilds being created in a similar way to get people out of the scarcity of meeting other gamers in the game and it certainly would do a LOT to break the ice, so to speak. The one thing that MUST be done is giving us all a bank that all of our toons can access. -Because since BC many of us have relied on our own personal guild banking setup and that alone prevents many of us from creating or joining raiding guilds.

    It would be so old, it's new. Make it so.
    Last edited by zysis; 2022-05-24 at 09:35 PM.

  20. #1260
    Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    Of course Blizzard can. Blizzard can do anything they want, it's their game. WoW is an Everquest clone and it has long since made it's own identity but has strayed from the path to try get more at more subs but in the end, those attempts led to failings and if I'm to be honest, they lost a LOT more than they gained by making the game less immersive with others.

    There is no law saying Blizzard can't do it, and historically Blizzard have removed, shifted, changed and even reworked many things in the game, including LFR, LFG and even the way we earn or spend in game currencies. Some things are poorly thought out, such as LFG making all dungeon designs easy to path and fairly quick to clear. There can be change provided the immersion and the dedication to the player is there. Players will support Blizzard in most things they do but the most vocal are the haters. Blizzard has to stop reading the haters and the backseat developers. -Even employing them. Blizzard needs to put Warcraft back to it's roots before the M in the MMO is totally gone. Let's face facts; the game will collapse when there are very few players. -Not because it won't be able to fund new content or expansions, but because there simply won't be enough players to call it an MMO. Reaching new markets is a flawed approach when the very backbone of the game itself has decayed to the point where it's really not an MMO anymore, you just happen to get smushed into groups to complete collective content and as you've stated it's a very sterile experience.

    Blizzard has the power to change the game it just needs the courage to do it. There's an easy middle-ground for the more casual type of player already, there just needs to be a more heavy handed approach to getting people to play together and interact more. I'm not a defeatist and I love my Warcraft more than I should. I think in terms of solutions and not problems and refuse to be a defeatist and say Blizzard cannot change what wasn't intended in the first place.
    I agree they can do it, but I don't think they will. The best case scenario I could see is a pathfinder type situation, where the first few patches there's no group finder, but later in the expansion maybe allow people to earn the right use LFG. This would fix a lot of things. It would also fix gear and how it gets replaced way too easily along an expansion. Restoring epic and rare level loot. The rate of which we can attain these levels of gear is way turned up too much. Epic gear should be rare to attain if you're not raiding, and it should take even a lot of time to put a rare gear set together.
    Last edited by m4Zzo928; 2022-05-24 at 09:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •