Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Mythic has more moving parts, therefore is more likely to have bugs. I appreciate that you are remarkably fragile and therefore admitting being even slightly wrong about anything is life-altering for you, but this was such a silly point for you to make in the first place and continually doubling down looks pathetic, not strong like you think it does.
    What can I say I'm stubborn and when I'm right I drag the other person there kicking and screaming. Much as you wish your narrative made sense it sadly does not and so imprisons you with in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    What can I say I'm stubborn and when I'm right I drag the other person there kicking and screaming. Much as you wish your narrative made sense it sadly does not and so imprisons you with in it.
    No offense but why does every argument you have in every thread always end up with you acting like a smug asshole?
    If I ever caught my child talking like this I'd probably beat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    No offense but why does every argument you have in every thread always end up with you acting like a smug asshole?
    It's the confidence to be right and not constantly search for an imaginary middle ground to spare feelings.

I am a light scouring ignorance. A vital necessity but not overly gentle.

I'm telling CPS...

It's the confidence to be right and not constantly search for an imaginary middle ground to spare feelings.

Sometimes being "right" doesn't always mean you win. Two people go back/forth with each other, both assume they're right. That's the thing with forums, nobody knows each other so what reason it here to back down? Share how you feel, listen to how others feel.

If someone strongly wants to feel they're right all the time, hang out in the off-topic forum. It's a perfect place for those who have to be right as long as you don't mind a lot of needless swearing and being banned if you disagree with a mod.
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I'm telling CPS...

Sometimes being "right" doesn't always mean you win. Two people go back/forth with each other, both assume they're right. That's the thing with forums, nobody knows each other so what reason it here to back down? Share how you feel, listen to how others feel.

If someone strongly wants to feel they're right all the time, hang out in the off-topic forum. It's a perfect place for those who have to be right as long as you don't mind a lot of needless swearing and being banned if you disagree with a mod.
    I am not touching a topic section that is bitching about trump in 2022..

As for the rest if you refuse to dispel incorrect information or opinions you simply rehash the same topics eternally.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I'm saying that FF's design didn't draw me in. Is FF a bad game because i'm not playing it ? No. It's alright to not like stuff.
    I guess his point is you're judging the game without having any relevant information about the game. If I leveled up a smidge in WoW and did MC would my assessment be correct if I said that WoW raids suck ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I guess his point is you're judging the game without having any relevant information about the game. If I leveled up a smidge in WoW and did MC would my assessment be correct if I said that WoW raids suck ass?
    I had a long discussion about this exact thing not long ago. This guy posted a review of FFXIV and had not even unlocked his first job but was overly critiquing it and talking about how it was not as good as WoW, etc.

Then the question began of "How much of a game do you have to play to make a reliable assessment?"

Personally, if you leveled up retail and did MC, then said WoW sucks, no, that assessment would be useless. If it were classic? Sure!
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

I had a long discussion about this exact thing not long ago. This guy posted a review of FFXIV and had not even unlocked his first job but was overly critiquing it and talking about how it was not as good as WoW, etc.

Then the question began of "How much of a game do you have to play to make a reliable assessment?"

Personally, if you leveled up retail and did MC, then said WoW sucks, no, that assessment would be useless. If it were classic? Sure!
    But retail Wow doesn't make me raid MC nor could you raid MC in retail (good luck finding 39 other people willing to raid it oldschool style), old content is "skipped" in favour of more recent content (which I find silly). How much do you need to play any game to make a reasonable assessment ? I don't know, but if I have to drag my feet through a story I don't care to begin with and have me do ALL of the story quests before letting me play the endgame raids and dungeons, either the game is bad at drawing people in or it's not for me.

- - - Updated - - -

And he refuses to engage in group content because it's not automatic matchmaking. And then judging the game based on the content he specifically refuses to engage with.
    Last edited by Azharok; 2022-05-26 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

But retail Wow doesn't make me raid MC nor could you raid MC in retail (good luck finding 39 other people willing to raid it oldschool style), old content is "skipped" in favour of more recent content (which I find silly). How much do you need to play any game to make a reasonable assessment ? I don't know, but if I have to drag my feet through a story I don't care to begin with and have me do ALL of the story quests before letting me play the endgame raids and dungeons, either the game at drawing people in or it's not for me.
    It's a very tough question to answer. Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 are a couple games that I kept trying to play but just could not get into at all. Then all the sudden, I forced myself to keep playing and now they're two of my favorite. I know that's not the answer nor how any game should be... forcing yourself to play.

It's a very tough question to answer. Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 are a couple games that I kept trying to play but just could not get into at all. Then all the sudden, I forced myself to keep playing and now they're two of my favorite. I know that's not the answer nor how any game should be... forcing yourself to play.
    I didn't care for Fallout 4, Witcher 3 I found it good from the start, I do understand that most games deliver the good content later, but it still needs to not be a bore to get there.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Just watched a Smileton dungeon run. It looks as boring as what I've played. The only thing I claimed is that I personnaly found FF to be very boring and lackluster. It wasn't "fun" nor was it challenging enough for me to actually keep playing it even if someone said "it gets better when you're max lvl".
    You described pulling everything and AoEing in the boss down. That is physically impossible in Smileton, so now we can pile dishonesty on top of ignorance, not to mention that the bosses in Smileton are just as if not more mechanically intensive as any Mythic0 dungeon in WoW.

'I personnaly found classic deadmines to be very boring and lackluster. It wasn't "fun" nor was it challenging enough for me to actually keep playing it even if someone said "it gets better when you're max lvl"'

The argument here isn't that you have to like FF or something. The argument is that coming in and making sweeping statements about a game that you have done the equivalent of run classic dungeons in is disingenuous and ignorant. If you didn't bother to play it long enough to say anything productive about the last four expansions, the best course of action is to say to yourself "I know fuck all about this." It's as valuable as something that has only played classic wow commentating on someone's statements about retail wow.

- - - Updated - - -

But retail Wow doesn't make me raid MC nor could you raid MC in retail (good luck finding 39 other people willing to raid it oldschool style), old content is "skipped" in favour of more recent content (which I find silly). How much do you need to play any game to make a reasonable assessment ? I don't know, but if I have to drag my feet through a story I don't care to begin with and have me do ALL of the story quests before letting me play the endgame raids and dungeons, either the game is bad at drawing people in or it's not for me.
    You didn't say "I tried FF and it wasn't for me". You said "FF works this way, and this is what the content is like". Do you not understand the difference between those things?

- - - Updated - - -

And he refuses to engage in group content because it's not automatic matchmaking. And then judging the game based on the content he specifically refuses to engage with.
    Find me a single comment where I talked about what it was like doing mythic raids right now, or pushing +20 keys. You won't, because I don't go "Well I did LFR in MoP so I can commentate on what the experience of playing mythic raids is like" which is what you are doing.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You described pulling everything and AoEing in the boss down. That is physically impossible in Smileton, so now we can pile dishonesty on top of ignorance, not to mention that the bosses in Smileton are just as if not more mechanically intensive as any Mythic0 dungeon in WoW.

'I personnaly found classic deadmines to be very boring and lackluster. It wasn't "fun" nor was it challenging enough for me to actually keep playing it even if someone said "it gets better when you're max lvl"'

The argument here isn't that you have to like FF or something. The argument is that coming in and making sweeping statements about a game that you have done the equivalent of run classic dungeons in is disingenuous and ignorant. If you didn't bother to play it long enough to say anything productive about the last four expansions, the best course of action is to say to yourself "I know fuck all about this." It's as valuable as something that has only played classic wow commentating on someone's statements about retail wow.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't say "I tried FF and it wasn't for me". You said "FF works this way, and this is what the content is like". Do you not understand the difference between those things?

- - - Updated - - -

Find me a single comment where I talked about what it was like doing mythic raids right now, or pushing +20 keys. You won't, because I don't go "Well I did LFR in MoP so I can commentate on what the experience of playing mythic raids is like" which is what you are doing.
    So I can't make hyperboles ?

Azharok - Dalaran EU

This is a player problem, the game isn't tuned around overgearing it. It's silly to think it is.
    "The game is fine, it's our customers who are defective." -- words to be uttered at Blizzard before security confiscates your badge
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yeah because nobody likes doing hard content for the sake of doing hard content. Without the rewards the content isn't fun and isn't worth doing.
    Speak for yourself. Game is 18 years old. Loot comes and goes, the real magnet is beating the challenges laid out before me as a veteran gamer. I don't care of the rewards, they are merely stepping stones to rise to greater challenges. This is how most MMOs are structured. It works. I you think people stop at ilvl caps you are sadly mistaken. M+ provides ever increasing challenges and little in terms of reward. The reason most people do 25+ is to rise to the challenge and compare their skillset to their fellow gamers. It's a case of knowing your class, the mechanics and just about every factor in a given dungeon from interrupts to co-ordinating CDs.

Nothing in the game presents a greater challenge in PVE than top end M+ with the exception of Rated PVP.

So I can't make hyperboles ?
    It's perfectly viable to pull to the boss in a lot of ARR dungeons, so that isn't hyperbole. ARR isn't a great experience and they need to do something drastic to fix it. They've made some pretty substantial improvements recently, revamping a lot of dungeons and bosses. It's a shame that they have a significantly more advanced and well-designed game hidden behind that slog, and it is not reasonable to expect players to go through that to get to the better content. Unfortunately, making the game so story focused has painted them into a bit of a corner. The story is phenomenal and a big focus of the game, and skipping players past ARR would result in it being extremely difficult to tell the story. So, the game's biggest strength is also its biggest weakness when it comes to getting new players to stick around.

And none of that makes it reasonable to start declaring "I did a level 30 dungeon, so let me tell you what FF14 dungeons are like". The level 30 dungeons in FF14 are about as similar to the current expansion as wow classic is to Shadowlands. The fact that the game has a serious problem that forces players through that content is irrelevant to that point.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    "The game is fine, it's our customers who are defective." -- words to be uttered at Blizzard before security confiscates your badge
    No, with regards to the quote is was replying too, assuming that you need to overgear the content to clear it is dumb. It's not how the fights are tuned.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Then your reading comprehension is beyond awful.

Buying a token instead of actually playing the videogame is what I'm talking about. This isn't "I think you're playing wrong". Buying the token with real money is objectively not playing. You don't say "I played a game" when all you've done is buy it in a store and haven't even started it.

Literally the whole point of buying a token instead of grinding on characters is to spend real money in exchange for NOT playing. That's what's weird about what you said. You want to play 11 characters but then spend real money so you can play them less (can play them less, not have to play them less. Because again, this is all your choice).
    Did you miss the part where if the token didn't exist that I'd boost people instead? Did you miss the part where that was the entire fucking argument I was making? If you're going to lecture somebody about reading comprehension don't butt into a conversation half-way through to provide a completely unrelated opinion about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter at hand.

The problem is that you're actually wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Did you miss the part where if the token didn't exist that I'd boost people instead? Did you miss the part where that was the entire fucking argument I was making? If you're going to lecture somebody about reading comprehension don't butt into a conversation half-way through to provide a completely unrelated opinion about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter at hand.
    I was responding to something you said in a specific comment. I really don't care whatever happened before that comment.
    And you didn't address a single thing I actually said. You're just crying that I didn't follow your life story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

The problem is that you're actually wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I was responding to something you said in a specific comment. I really don't care whatever happened before that comment.
    And you didn't address a single thing I actually said. You're just crying that I didn't follow your life story.
    I'm telling you, for the third time now, that your off-topic comment about me "being addicted" had nothing to do with the conversation I was having somebody else. You're free to hold whatever opinion of me you want but a blatant ad hominem is not an argument so I have no idea why you insist on getting me to respond to it. Further, you apparently cannot see the irony of whining about reading comprehension while simultaneously completely missing the discussion being had so I can only gather that you decided to quote that post in bad faith. The fact that you're dragging this out is even further proof that you have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

Gold star, my guy.

Just for the mods since I don't wanna play telephone to navigate the horrid bot system you use.

What about this is trolling and not an accurate synopsis of the forum?

Mindlessly hunting for middle ground where it doesn't exist just allows for the most banal of posts that derail threads.