Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    There wont be cata classic servers. This Addon was disliked to much.
    Source? Cause there was equal amount of people who didnt like wotlk the only people mad about cata were ones blizz dont care about lol

Who cried about the content that didn't make the cut or hated 1 Zone. what we like to call WoW Karens

Cata had amazing raiding.. what are you even on? Do you even play classic? People love raiding. Classic will continue probably until at least legion because the raiding doesn’t suck in any expac until then.

Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    Cata had amazing raiding.. what are you even on? Do you even play classic? People love raiding. Classic will continue probably until at least legion because the raiding doesn’t suck in any expac until then.
    That im going to have to disagree i think Classic will End at MoP which is perfect cause the best expansions in the game was Wrath and MoP

Legion was Good to but... WoD Left a bad taste in many mouths

If enough people continue to play WOTLK they will make Cata, but if people stop playing Cata then there won't be any MoP imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    How many of those are permanently stuck at SWP?

- - - Updated - - -

Is --- snip --- always on SWP?

Who cares what they are stuck on ? The fact of the matter is enough people prefer something else.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-22 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    So does this realistically mean season of mastery for TBC is coming not too long after WOTLK launches?

I'm fine with this, honestly. So long as they don't remove the Classic or Wrath Servers when they eventually move onto Cataclysm (if they do), then I see no reason skipping a BC-only server.

BC's kind of in this weird point - like alot of people said, it had/has a very raid or die mentality, and once you've completed all there is to complete in it...that's kind of it. There's no unique content tied to it that went away when Wrath released, nor are there any features in BC that were unique to that expansion. BC, and all it's content, can still exist alongside Wrath when the expansion launches. About the only thing that does go away that I remember was the Hand of A'dal title, but I mean...is that really that huge of a loss?

I feel like Vanilla Era Servers were a pretty good actual example of "you think you do, but you don't". MMOs are fun, when they progress. As long as they rerun TBC every couple of years, I'm okay with it being gone for a while in between.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Wait , wait , wait. WTF. You are joking right? This ain't funny. I actually paid money for my transfer and want to stay in TBC with my character. This better be a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, but why is only Classic/Vanilla getting to keep/transfer characters over? Are they out of money for servers? I am actually surprised.
    I'm guessing that because they decided to charge people to keep their characters on vanilla not many did, therefore they assume no one wants to play multiple expansions. It's a shame, but unsurprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    Dont get me wrong, i loved cata, especially 4.0 tier and it was the addon i had the most fun with friends/rivals and all the RBG/Arena and Tol Barad stuff, but i really dont know anyone who loves cata. Everytime i see people talking about cata its "it was bad" "The start of the downfall" "LFR Shit, Dragonsoul shit" And i guess less people have really much nostalgia for cata. Even TBC Classic feels like it dead soon after launch (No, i didnt played TBC Classic)

Quote Originally Posted by Troija View Post
    Source? Cause there was equal amount of people who didnt like wotlk the only people mad about cata were ones blizz dont care about lol

Who cried about the content that didn't make the cut or hated 1 Zone. what we like to call WoW Karens
    As i said, i loved cata. But everytime i see people discussiong about cata most of them disliking it.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    About the only thing that does go away that I remember was the Hand of A'dal title, but I mean...is that really that huge of a loss?
    Original Naxx says “bye-bye!” as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Dont get me wrong, i loved cata, especially 4.0 tier and it was the addon i had the most fun with friends/rivals and all the RBG/Arena and Tol Barad stuff, but i really dont know anyone who loves cata. Everytime i see people talking about cata its "it was bad" "The start of the downfall" "LFR Shit, Dragonsoul shit" And i guess less people have really much nostalgia for cata. Even TBC Classic feels like it dead soon after launch (No, i didnt played TBC Classic)

As i said, i loved cata. But everytime i see people discussiong about cata most of them disliking it.
    Gonna have to completely disagree again... the Downfall of WoW was WoD. legion was there big fanfare were sorry expansion and besides not being alt freindly at start was pretty good.

Cata was one of the few expansions to cater to every player type and playstyle. i dont understand the eliest argument to LFR its a scrub version of the raid with bottled down gear if you dont like it dont run it it takes nothing away from Actual players who want to progress or Raid top teir or get BiS.

on top of that LFR wasnt released till the End game Patch cause it was thee end game villian which id perfer that system of LFR rather then every raid being LFR

Dont take this as im comng for you at all but the LFR is shit argument... Cata is just barely in top 3 expansions for me but it was far from bad compared to say WoD,BFA or The god awfulness of Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Original Naxx says “bye-bye!” as well
    He was specifically referring to TBC content that vanishes in WotLK. We have Classic Era for all the classic content that goes away. Naxxramas & Onyxia come to mind.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I’m not really ok with this, but am ok if they just do reoccurring SoM.

Even though I don’t like Cata, I want to see all of the expacs have a classic release. WoD was good … really good, but if they just shorten the total release to like 1 year… it will be remembered a LOT better. However they should not force WoTLK players to Cata. Leave WoTLK as the last “old WoW” museum.

<<< Patiently waiting for Legion Classic

I've been playing SoM on Jom server and it's definitely not dead by any means.

I think the smart thing would be have a single pvp and normal server for each expansion for people who want to stay. I also think they should allow anyone to move their character to the next expansion up when they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Troija View Post
    Dont take this as im comng for you at all but the LFR is shit argument... Cata is just barely in top 3 expansions for me but it was far from bad compared to say WoD,BFA or The god awfulness of Shadowlands
    Dude, i said that is what I read/listen from OTHER People. For me cata was a great xpac. That are not my arguments, that are the concerns and argument by people i read when im scrolling thru forums.

Era servers were a mistake. Nobody wants that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who like Cata either main a Rogue or a Fire Mage.

I don't want to play Cata ever again, since I main Ret and this spec in Cata (especially PvP) was almost as bad as it was in Vanilla.
    Absolutely worst expansion of them all for me. I'd better stick to WoTLK or even BC.

Not really surprising considering the player's interest in the classic era servers.

Dude, i said that is what I read/listen from OTHER People. For me cata was a great xpac. That are not my arguments, that are the concerns and argument by people i read when im scrolling thru forums.
    Yeah I loved Cataclysm myself. Great times, good raids, classes felt nice. I personally think a lot of it is people were getting burnt out on WoW and had played too much of it and when they started falling out of love with it they blamed the game, not themselves. Hardly anyone I know, who actually played all of Cataclysm, dislikes it. It's more like one of those collective memes people just start repeating until it seems like fact.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis