Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you don't want armor you can just tmog no armor? Not having armor on a new race is the dumbest decision. Saying its not a determinant is obviously false as many here have said it is. Why do you think glyph of stars is so popular on druid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    If you don't want armor you can just tmog no armor? Not having armor on a new race is the dumbest decision. Saying its not a determinant is obviously false as many here have said it is. Why do you think glyph of stars is so popular on druid?
    Druids are the most popular class in WoW and 3/4 of their specs aren't wearing armor in combat form. Yeah, Glyph of Stars is popular, but not every Druid is using it. I still see plenty of fat space chickens running around in raids. Even with Astral form, your gear is transparent with stars falling all over it. Also, Guardian Druids are the 3rd most played tank spec based on stats, and they also can't show off their transmog.

The point is, it isn't a deterrent. People here are just complaining for the sake of complaining. You can still show off your transmog or tier gear, just not in combat.

Druid is popular because its OP and has a spec for each role. I rarely ever see anyone in moonkin form. And it is as you can see in this very thread people do not want to play it for its limitations. It is a RACE not a class. They even said they may open it up to different classes. Look at mechagnomes cant use gloves or pants even with an OP racial they are played barely at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Its completely relevant, because druid is not a race, is a class

Its straight up a different basic principle, The Dracthyr should work like Worgens that are a race, the armor is not gone during combat.
    Yes, obviously druid is a class and dracthyr is a race, but the underlying concept is the same: if a model is not conducive to wearing armor, I'd much rather they deliver the model to the player base than scrap the idea. While I think some armor pieces can work for dracthyr (and they've already said some will), I do think the model design of the dragon is going to make it increasingly difficult, particularly with the announcement that there will be variant bulkiness levels of the form. I'd much rather allow Blizzard to make races that can't show all armor and get things like dryads/keepers, naga, sethrak, etc. than limit everything to humans and human analogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    And yes, we are talking about preferences. But then I will again repeat myself:
    Is it possible to make more options to please more people with different preferences? Yes, it is totally possible.
    Is there any logical reason for not doing it? No, there is not reason outside of laziness.
    There is a logical reason beyond simply laziness. As stated, the models are going to have variant body sizes, which means that already some pieces are going to require three times as much work for adapting to the model. There are additional clipping issues to consider with things like wings, horns, and the like. A game has a budget, and there are so many person-hours to assign across the staff. It seems perfectly reasonable that a decision was made that the hours devoted to fitting armor to the form is not worthwhile to the cost of making it comply with their modeling standards.

I don't think your interest in having more armor shown is unreasonable. But to accuse someone of laziness simply because they do not give you what you want seems very dismissive of any other viewpoints or nuance to the underlying decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Sure it does.
    I mean, it looks more like a gecko than a dragon but, sure.

Druids are the most popular class in WoW and 3/4 of their specs aren't wearing armor in combat form. Yeah, Glyph of Stars is popular, but not every Druid is using it. I still see plenty of fat space chickens running around in raids. Even with Astral form, your gear is transparent with stars falling all over it. Also, Guardian Druids are the 3rd most played tank spec based on stats, and they also can't show off their transmog.

The point is, it isn't a deterrent. People here are just complaining for the sake of complaining. You can still show off your transmog or tier gear, just not in combat.
    Come on Teriz… the real point is that, even if the druid class is the most popular, we don’t honestly know what would happen if as a druid you were given the option of wearing full armor in the animal and moonkin forms… because there’s no options for that.

We could say that it is the most popular class regardless of not being to wear armor in its transformations, but we can’t affirm that, necessarily, as the class is the most popular and can’t wear armor, people don’t want or care about this class not being able to wear armor in the animals or moonkin forms.

I for example, and I am not the only one, mained feral and balance several times, and what got me most bored of doing it was seeing the same model without being able to customize it/use armor on it.

Why is it a problem that people want to be able to get the option to wear armor (full or at least most of the armor) on the new race? And I am talking about the dragon form.

Why does there need to be restrictions?

If someone wants to be an undead paladin or a tauren demon hunter, then just let them.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    Well yeah they put in that lore to justify it being locked to evoker, they could simply just say that there are some who specialize in the new powers and those who couldn't grasp it etc.
    This is 5 year old thinking. It's fine that it's race-locked to the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

The real question should be why are people okay with its fury or scaly or whatever shitty design?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Come on Teriz… the real point is that, even if the druid class is the most popular, we don’t honestly know what would happen if as a druid you were given the option of wearing full armor in the animal and moonkin forms… because there’s no options for that.

We could say that it is the most popular class regardless of not being to wear armor in its transformations, but we can’t affirm that, necessarily, as the class is the most popular and can’t wear armor, people don’t want or care about this class not being able to wear armor in the animals or moonkin forms.
    Which is my point; The lack of armor in combat seemingly has no bearing on Druid's being the most popular class in WoW. So people pretending that the lack of armor in combat somehow ruins the DE class are being hyperbolic and ignoring the reality that the vast majority of players simply won't care. Just like in the Druid class.

I for example, and I am not the only one, mained feral and balance several times, and what got me most bored of doing it was seeing the same model without being able to customize it/use armor on it.
    You're able to customize the feral and Guardian forms via various customization options. The Dracthyr are similar, with various colors, and features that will allow a high level of differentiation. The visage form is where you can show off your transmog. That said, if not seeing armor on your character is a deal-breaker for you, perhaps the DE isn't the class for you?

Why is it a problem that people want to be able to get the option to wear armor (full or at least most of the armor) on the new race? And I am talking about the dragon form.
    Because it simply doesn't fit the fantasy, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    The real question should be why are people okay with its fury or scaly or whatever shitty design?
    Different people like different things. There's 12 other classes and over 20 other races for you to enjoy in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see why I shouldn't be fine with it. Aren't Demon Hunters only on elfs? "oh but they're night elfs and blood elfs" lol essentially the same thing, they just had to put it on both factions without creating a new race. In this case they created a race that works on both factions so they didn't have to do that. I didn't see this amount of crying over that one though.

I can show of my gear if i morph into a stupid human/bloodelve form.

Why do they exits in the first place. I watn to play in the drakthyr form and also see my gear in this form.
    If i want another elve i play another elve.

This and the wide hips are my only problem with the new class. SHoved in visage form so they don't have to fuck with new gear. Nothing else.

And many druids are actually quite annoyed with the gear problem. Thats why so many wanted the sabron form for cats with gear. That is the whole reason the glyph of stars exists in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I can show of my gear if i morph into a stupid human/bloodelve form.

Why do they exits in the first place. I watn to play in the drakthyr form and also see my gear in this form.
    If i want another elve i play another elve.
    They exist because dragons are magically able to turn into elf/human hybrids in WoW.

This and the wide hips are my only problem with the new class. SHoved in visage form so they don't have to fuck with new gear. Nothing else.
    So you want them to create an entirely new race skeleton and waste development time just to end up with something similar to what we already have?

And many druids are actually quite annoyed with the gear problem. Thats why so many wanted the sabron form for cats with gear. That is the whole reason the glyph of stars exists in the first place.
    That isn't reflected in the Druid population numbers. Druids remain the top class in WoW, and Balance and Guardian Druids are doing fine, despite not being able to show their armor in combat form. Again, I still see plenty of fat laser chickens running around.

This is truly a non-issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You completely dont understand anything do you, a class that is essentially an animal has little use for armor and it gets in the way, just like armor would get in the way on a dracthyr, some small things on them is fine but anything more is not suited to druids or dracthyr.
    Dracthyr is not a class, is a race.

Again, the Dracthyr Evoker is a class/race combination. We're talking about why the character isn't wearing armor, and that's because it is a combination of both.
    Again, it doesn't matter that is a "combination" the dragon form IS NOT the class, its the race, the class is using the dragon magic

They are not the same
    My point is that like Druids, people don't have an issue with certain classes not showing armor in combat.
    Because druid is not a race, is a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    They're entirely comparable, you're just too dense to think about it outside of your own point of view. Regardless of class or race ,they're animalistic, and have no use for armor. Worgen are HUMANS with a disease.
    you are comparing apples to tomatoes because they are red and you are calling me dense, what a joke.

My dude, druid is a class, not a race, the dracthyr you know, the dragon, is a race, not a class, their class is evoker, they are comaprable to worgen, that is another race and not a class.

Dragons have no use for armor,
    Theya re not actually dragons, they ar ehumanoid dragonkin that need armor like anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Yes, obviously druid is a class and dracthyr is a race, but the underlying concept is the same:
    If they are different the concept is not the same

Worgens use armor, because they are a race

Demon form of elves does not, because its a class
    Druid forms does not use armor also, because its a class

The dracthyr not using armor si completely nonsensical, because it just show how blizzard is lazy by selling a class as a race, and people are eating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Again, it doesn't matter that is a "combination" the dragon form IS NOT the class, its the race, the class is using the dragon magic
    The Evoker's abilities are completely dependent on the dragon form of the Dracthyr. You transform out of Visage form into Dracthyr form BECAUSE the Evoker's abilities completely revolve around utilizing the body of a dragon.

Because druid is not a race, is a class.
    The Dracthyr Evoker is both a race and a class.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Evoker's abilities are completely dependent on the dragon form of the Dracthyr. You transform out of Visage form into Dracthyr form BECAUSE the Evoker's abilities completely revolve around utilizing the body of a dragon.
    It doesn't matter if the abilities are dependant of the dragon form, the dragon form is the race, the dragon form itself is not a class, the "class" si the pwoer they have.

Unless, again, you want to confirm to us this is a lazy class sold as race.

The Dracthyr Evoker is both a race and a class.
    Dracthyr is the race, the class is evoker.

For me this is an example of another lazy 'let's loosen old restrictions and present them as feature of X xpack/patch'.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure it does.
    But you have said that Dracthyr are not dragons...

They exist because dragons are magically able to turn into elf/human hybrids in WoW.

So you want them to create an entirely new race skeleton and waste development time just to end up with something similar to what we already have?

That isn't reflected in the Druid population numbers. Druids remain the top class in WoW, and Balance and Guardian Druids are doing fine, despite not being able to show their armor in combat form. Again, I still see plenty of fat laser chickens running around.

This is truly a non-issue.
    Doesn't mean i have to like the visage form and also they have never SEEN any bloodelve or human. Ever. They didn't even exist before they got cut off from the world. But they have it fine. I can live with it. They won't delete them, i am not delusional. Doesn't mean i have to like it and have ti shut up about it.

Well.... yes. I do. Would be nice for the first ACTUALL new race to get something freaking new no? Not just a halfassed scaly sexy dragon without transmog. But a "variaty" of choices... yeah we all know what this means. 9 choice one more boring than the next.
    A new race should be able to wear freaking cloth. They allready restrict it with class/race lock. Now you cannot even see your gear. I don't gete why you would not want that honestly or why we should be ok with them getting the easy way out by just thrwoing an existing race in your face.
    This is basically an allied race again.

Oh come one. Yes druid is on top because it can be everything and because it is a great class and plays well DESPITE the fact that whatever your Character looks like while fighting. Also druid is the class. The race can wear gear just fine. Drakthyr have to morph themselves into a different race to use cloth for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    For me this is an example of another lazy 'let's loosen old restrictions and present them as feature of X xpack/patch'.
    Literally this.
    And some people will defend this approach with dumbest arguments ever.