Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if they had access to other classes...

I have no problems with Evoker being Dracthyr exclusive, but I would like some more classes for the Dragons.
    Maybe just Warrior, Rogue, Mage? Simple, restrictive but still more free ^^
    I’m fine with it because it’s what Worgen should of been (IMO).
    Look at Worgen Druids who transform into Cats. Worgen Melee who use weapons and not their own claws…. It was a missed opportunity for a very model specific spec with unique animations.
    100% agree! Would be SO much better for Worgens to be a class and not a race.

Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    I feel like we're still regressing here.
    Or progressing ... depending on your point of view.

DH/Druids have been tied to elves in the past - so it isn't really something new.

What is new - is that after 3 almost identical new classes (Tank/Melee) - we are getting something new, be happy

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I think at the very least the race should have multiple racial options for the visage forms. It doesn't seem like an exorbitant amount of work to add these dragon-esque customizations to orcs, tauren, dwarves, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Allow Dracthyr to be more classes.
    2) Continue to refine the existing dragon form model so it looks less like the draconic version of a Southeast Asian ladyboy.
    3) Allow them to show all their armor/transmog while in dragon form.
    4) Allow them to use their choice of race as their visage form.

My gripes with the race/class restrictions, in order from most important to least.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That would be kind of pointless. Just expand the Dracthyr Visages to all races and you'll get the exact same result without completely ruining the class.
    Assuming they let visage form usable in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Or progressing ... depending on your point of view.

DH/Druids have been tied to elves in the past - so it isn't really something new.

What is new - is that after 3 almost identical new classes (Tank/Melee) - we are getting something new, be happy
    Yep. I mean gnomes jumping up and breathing fire like Onyxia will be weird.

And if this new race is created for the sole purpose of harnessing the powers of the other aspects, then you can’t really fit in the other classes into this race. This is a fire/life, ice/arcane, time, and dream magic using sub-race of dragons.

I reckon this is about as red-mage as we get.

And yes. Finally not another melee class.

not really, but chances are high they relax the restrictions at some point. to where I'm willing to bet not even half way though the expansion they'll open it up to other races.

i am totally fine with it, if the new race would not look like the cheapest garbage i ever saw.

but tbh, i don’t have the feeling, that the fact, that DHs can be solely played by 1 race per faction, has hurt wow that much.

so, i am totally fine with this „restriction“.

nonetheless i will never play a race that looks that stupid like the new race do, in my eyes. its like playing a 4year old kids figurine, made by some armchair designer in 2 days, while getting eye cancer, after eating too much drugs, when clicked on „Create Dragthyr“ character.

i will never get how ppl can like that cheap shit of a race.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-24 at 02:48 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    People who play human shaped races are actually the majority. Humans, Night Elves and Blood Elves are the most popular races.
    Do... you realise orcs and other races are also human-shaped races right?

and this one:
    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

Show they are in top 4, and seems much more close to reality.

. So you are wrong according to the available data we have.
    With the one i show here, im not wrong.

And, you are also using the data wrong, as you should only count male blood elf and female human, if you are counting all gender, and night elves in the mix as well.

In terms of appeasing the playerbase and economically, it makes much much more sense to have a more fleshed out and customizable variant of two of the most popular ingame models.
    As we can see with people complaining, not rly

Looking at the data, we see that Demon Hunters, a class restricted to elves, are more successful than Monks, a class available for all races while themed heavily around the unpopular Pandaren.
    With helps that DH are a no brain class, who already started at high level and was OP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    1) Allow Dracthyr to be more classes.
    2) Continue to refine the existing dragon form model so it looks less like the draconic version of a Southeast Asian ladyboy.
    3) Allow them to show all their armor/transmog while in dragon form.
    4) Allow them to use their choice of race as their visage form.

My gripes with the race/class restrictions, in order from most important to least.
    4 Easy steps to fix the problem.

Shoulders, belts, and Tabards are visible in Dracthyr form.
    k. Why not the rest when its just the worgen model.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Most players will stick to their current main so its fine since 99% of Evokers will be alts.
    Naw Im shifting from Hunter to Evoker definitely, this will not be an alt for me.

That would be kind of pointless. Just expand the Dracthyr Visages to all races and you'll get the exact same result without completely ruining the class.
    This! If I can make my Visage Thalassian Elf I would be complete and happy with Dracthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Assuming they let visage form usable in combat.
    Personally not too fussed with this as in combat I wont be focusing on my character, once out of combat though I will be transforming back into my visage.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind, but I do hope they open up the class to other races and to allow the visages to be other races as well.

Nah it's shitty as fuck.

I play a druid, so I'm used to my character not having a lot of varied appearances the same that other classes get. Thus, the transmog concerns don't really bother me. Particularly since they're potentially allowing visage forms in combat. Restricting the race to one class doesn't bother me either, because I play a worgen, and some race fantasies just don't easily expand to all classes. Lastly, I wouldn't call this an expansion defining feature, just like I don't think blood elves and draenei defined TBC, Pandaren defined MoP, Worgen and goblins defined Cataclysm, or allied races defined Battle for Azeroth. They're a nice addition, but I find new zone content and story, as well as end game features, tend to be more defining, at least for me. If MoP lacked the pandaren race as playable, for instance, I don't think it would've made the expansion that much worse.

I would like to be more classes, 3 tank spec, visible armor in transformation and more visages. I hope that we´ll get some of that stuff eventually...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    k. Why not the rest when its just the worgen model.
    It's actually using the same rig as the Incubus model. Neither are the Worgen model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No we're getting a class that isn't playable by any current race. Dracthyr are essentially just evokers until they can be other classes.
    I'd be very surprised if Dracthyr didn't remain just Evokers. Blizzard is heavily pushing their race/class combo feature.

It does feel like a regression on this specific issue. There's no reason for the restriction whatsoever but here we are with another arbitrary class/race restriction. It really feels like Blizzard is still clinging to their old ways with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    I think it's very lazy that the new (reskin) race is restricted to one class and is not able to show your armor/xmog. This is supposed to be an expansion defining feature.

10 years ago we got a brand new race that could play lots of other classes and a brand new class that lots of other races could play.

I feel like we're still regressing here.
    1.: No, I'm not okay with the race being limited to one class.
    2.: Yes, I am okay with the class being limited to one race.
    3.: You can see your armor.
    4.: You can see your transmog.
    5.: You cannot see your armor while in dragon-form (Just like Meta DH, Shapeshifted druids, elemental transform shaman (I Forgot the name) Nothing new.)
    6.: You cannot see your transmog while in dragon-form (Just like Meta DH, Shapeshifted druids, elemental transform shaman (I Forgot the name) Nothing new.)
    7.: It IS an expansion-defining feature. It is a DRAGON HUMANOID. A RACE, created by DEATHWING (Apparently), and CONNECTED to the DRAGON ISLES. They start at level 58, as a hero class/race, but unlike the others, there doesn't seem to be any limitation on how many you want. And in other threads mentioned by others, it is most likely going to be connected to the main story of the isles as well, just like the other hero classes were.

I know, some players want games to develop like a snowball downhill. 10 years ago, it was a brand new race and class, why is it not two now, or three, or four? In the end, their choices are connected to the expansion as well. The only thing I'm sour about is them not being able to be in other classes, but there might be a lore reason for that like we have had with other classes before, and slowly phased out of some. I don't see you complaining about a lack of Dwarf Demon Hunters, or Mechagnome Druids yet (Thank the lord of chaos that we still have some class restrictions).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    It does feel like a regression on this specific issue. There's no reason for the restriction whatsoever but here we are with another arbitrary class/race restriction. It really feels like Blizzard is still clinging to their old ways with this.
    I don't see how its a regression when this is the first time Blizzard has used race and class in combination to make a group of characters fully realized in the playability sphere. Essentially Blizzard is using class mechanics to allow players to be a dragon. It's frankly what they should have done (and still should do) with Worgen as well.