Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tuskarr Allied Race When?

With the recent announcement of Wrath classic and Dragonflight, I couldn’t help but realize that they both had one thing in common.
    Our beautiful blubbery bois.
    Thinking further on this, I feel that the Tuskarr as a playable race is not only easy to implement, but fundamental to the future of WoW as a property.
    As the current leader of the Tuskarr fanclub, (pamphlets available with donation,) I can tell you with certainty that roughly 98% of the wow playerbase is absolutly demanding Tuskarr as a near future addition. (The remaining 2% main Vulpera.)

In terms of fitting the mold of an Allied race, they already surpass a few of them. For instance:

Vulpera’s entire race lives in five wagons.
    Void elves are a small sub-sect of a small sub-sect.
    Lightforge Dreanei have no buildings, and live in their lesser cousins cobbled together spaceship. They didn’t even use it during a world war (they joined because they were bored) despite it having the firepower to Zug Zug the Dabu out of every Orc in Durotar.
    (I’m aware they broke it by firing at Antorus, but that’s just an excuse.)
    The Dracthyr were literally pulled out of someone’s Un’Goro Crater.

One Tuskarr settlement in Northrend has more buildings than those three races combined. Not to mention how these Chunky Chads literally lived among the Scourge and still sat around like nothing was happening. I don’t even think you can find a scourged Tuskarr. (Until they are made playable and allowed to be Death Knights.)

Pros for adding them as an Allied race in Dragonflight:

They use the panda rig now (Allegedly)

The artists spent a lot of time making females and brand new looks for them, which made it an even bigger kick in the Kalu’ak that they weren’t made playable (yet.)

They can be neutral, so blizzard doesn’t need to spend money on creating a second one for the other faction.

Speaking of money, the amount you would make on race changes alone could pay for 5 lawsuits. Just a thought.

Cons:

None.

Their mounts can be turtles, otters, or give them running wild for all I care.

We, 98% of the WoW playerbase, demand our whiskered kings.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I hope never. I have no idea why anyone would want them. They are gross as shit. They don't make good player races. Give me Taunka.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    I hope never. I have no idea why anyone would want them. They are gross as shit. They don't make good player races. Give me Taunka.
    I have also wanted Taunka, but because you slandered my Tusked Treasures, I am no longer in your wheelhouse, pal.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're adding female Tuskarr models in 10.0, and the rumor is that the preoder pet is a baby Tuskarr.

I think there's a good chance it's happening.

There is a long laundry list of popular race requests I'd like to see added to the game before the walrus people. Naga, Mantid, Saurok, Sethrak, Tortollans, Centuars...

But, I would take Tuskarr over elf reskin #6.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    Taunka would be cool, but Yaungol are more visually distinctive so I'd like to get them first. But, with Blizzard's resources, there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrusking View Post
    I have also wanted Taunka, but because you slandered my Tusked Treasures, I am no longer in your wheelhouse, pal.
    They would look ridiculous infight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Tuskar required a cold climate to survive?

I think Tuskarr are in a position to be an *excellent* playable race. While there are other races I want more, I would be happy to see Tuskarr added.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They're adding female Tuskarr models in 10.0, and the rumor is that the preoder pet is a baby Tuskarr.

I think there's a good chance it's happening.
    That's a good point; isn't there an encrypted model using vulpera animations or something? Could be a baby Tuskarr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Carry ice in your bags.
    Problem solved.

There is one fishing at the Angler's Wharf in Pandaria, and another at the port in Zandalar. Warm, tropical climates.

Climates never really affected races that much in WoW. If temperatures mattered, then the Dawnchaser Tribe should have collapsed from heat exhaustion about one hour into Krassarang Wilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    There is one fishing at the Angler's Wharf in Pandaria, and another at the port in Zandalar. Warm, tropical climates.

Climates never really affected races that much in WoW. If temperatures mattered, then the Dawnchaser Tribe should have collapsed from heat exhaustion about one hour into Krassarang Wilds.
    He's technically right. There was a quest in Northrend where pirates tired to take tuskarr as slaves (or prisoners), but found they died when taken to warmer climates. They retconned it in MoP, I believe.

At one point, yes, but MoP and BFA had them zipping around everywhere.

They actually fit the Dragonflight theme more when you think about it. Cold blooded reptiles bask in the sun to warm their blood. What do the Walrus do? Bask. Not for the same reason, but who cares.

Their new models seemingly are kitted out just like a playable race now, rather than the unique-per-model basis they had in Wrath.

Looks to me like they're prepped to wear 3D Shoulders, Gloves, Legs? Maybe boots but I haven't spotted any yet (like trolls/draenei/tauren), and have the usual chest/leg texture-wrap we would use.

They have them decked out in a few unique NPC-style outfits ala Suramar Nightborne, but the same shoulderpiece appears across the male/female and heck we're probably looking at potential Heritage armors right there already:

Note the consistent shoulders on the last two, and then variations of Hat/Leg/Chest/Back. A lot of which would be just the average NPC kit, but the tech to replace these sets with traditional WoW sets looks possible? The gloves for sure have that player-armor-tech look to them, like the shoulders.

edit: sorry if these images are massive or something.. I made them 200px wide but I'm going to make them smaller I guess. Might be my TV resolutions. edit2: made them smaller now I think
    Last edited by elderu; 2022-04-22 at 01:48 AM.

Those armor additions really seem like possibilities for a playable rig, even if they don't use the panda rig right now!

The community has grown unaccustomed with allied race things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrusking View Post
    At one point, yes, but MoP and BFA had them zipping around everywhere.

They actually fit the Dragonflight theme more when you think about it. Cold blooded reptiles bask in the sun to warm their blood. What do the Walrus do? Bask. Not for the same reason, but who cares.
    I see...I don't remember them in BFA...guess I never really played with MoP or BFA a lot.

I've always said I'd come back to WoW if Tuskarr became a playable race.

Hopefully never, or at least not before Saberon, High Arakkoa and Mok'nathal. Besides, why would I want to play as a race that looks like the bad guy from Woody Woodpecker?

10+ Year Old Account

I love these guys so much. I'd roll one in a heartbeat!

I don't think they can currently wear full-on helms.