Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Insane delusional cope. They've been trying for a decade to move away from the awful fyling the game unleashed in BC, and they've finally found their solution.
    Nothing delusional about it. Ion said that Dragon Riding will not replace mounts in the Dragon Isles. They also said that flying will not be locked behind a achievement. They also said there will be objectives that can not be reached with normal flying. That seems to say that normal flying will exist. They said existing mounts will not be invalidated.

There is nothing wrong with flying and I think that, going forward, some of the mechanics of Dragon Riding will be incorporated into flying in general. Your anti-flying bias is clouding your vision.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2022-04-22 at 06:31 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    We are not pro-flying, we are pro-choice. We believe those who wants to use ground mounts can use that, those who wants to dragonfall, sure you can do that too, and those who wants to fly, let them fly. Giving the players the agency of how to play such as how to travel in-game to do repetitive dailies or wq is good for the health of the game and the longetivity of player's interest because they can choose what ever method they want to travel at any given moment.

We are not pro-flying, but you are anti-choice and anti-player's agency.
    You're not pro-choice. You're pro-illusion-of-choice. When other players can fly, you're handicapping yourself when you choose not to. And everyone with more than 1 braincell knows that WoW players will pick whatever is most optimal instead of fun.

You put yourself on a pedestal by pretending you're pro-choice/pro-player agency, but you're really not. You're just using those as arguments because you want to fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Insane delusional cope.
    It's insane delusional cope when Ion literally said so? You need to actually know stuff before you start typing buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You're not pro-choice. You're pro-illusion-of-choice. When other players can fly, you're handicapping yourself when you choose not to. And everyone with more than 1 braincell knows that WoW players will pick whatever is most optimal instead of fun.

You put yourself on a pedestal by pretending you're pro-choice/pro-player agency, but you're really not. You're just using those as arguments because you want to fly.
    I am pro choice. By having flying, I can choose to fly or use ground mounts. It's not my problem if you feel flying is wrong, and yet you still fly when it is an option, and you feel that disabling flight is the best because you want to dictate how others travel.

I would never say I was pro-choice. I am unabashedly Pro-Flying. The best addition to the game ever made.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I would never say I was pro-choice. I am unabashedly Pro-Flying. The best addition to the game ever made.
    I would call myself pro-choice, because sometimes I just ride around in ZM just because I like the animation, even though I can fly, and sometimes I use my alpaca and use ground mount for RP reason. But I WOULD NEVER say flying is bad and it will ruin the game because sometimes I rp on my Wildhammer Dorf on his Gryphon, and I don't want to take away the sense of freedom and exploration from normal flying.

I would call myself pro-choice, because sometimes I just ride around in ZM just because I like the animation, even though I can fly, and sometimes I use my alpaca and use ground mount for RP reason. But I WOULD NEVER say flying is bad and it will ruin the game because sometimes I rp on my Wildhammer Dorf on his Gryphon, and I don't want to take away the sense of freedom and exploration from normal flying.
    Curiously, what's your stance on legalizing all currently illegal substances? I think it's very easy to say that everyone should just learn to take control; But how do you think it would actually go if anyone could buy any drug they wanted off the street with minimal hassle? I'm not saying you're right or wrong in this regard, I'm more just trying to make the point that sometimes eliminating the choice entirely is the safer option for everyone.

Obviously, human health/life and flying in a video game are two entirely different ball-parks, but the psychology is similar; If the choice is there, so is the temptation and the damage that it can cause.

OP's saltyness is kind of bizarre and a bit obsessive.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...
    1. You still get to do that with Dragonriding, so why are you in favor of it? You should be in favor of banning flying altogether.
    2. Even without flying, you probably just ride through everywhere anywhere. Or you'll make heavy use of flight points. Just use the flightmaster to get to the location, then ride that last bit to the quest location, and then you have to stay grounded to do the quest anyway.

In theory I agree that dangers should not be skipped. Flying harms the gameplay experience when you need to do quests. Because you can just fly over obstacles and avoid enemies, which makes things a lot easier. I don't think anybody can deny that. However again 2 things.

1. That's why flying should become available at max level. Because at that point you've probably played through the entire campaign and done all of the quests in all of the zones. If you've done the content, you can't use flying to make it easier. You're in the endgame. Now you can say there are still world quests and all that, but to be honest, I think the game should rely a lot less on world quests and daily quests, because they're incredibly repetitve and often these quests are designed so differently from normal quests, that flying isn't that much of a help anyway. A huge amount of world quests, at least prior to Shadowlands, was just rare spawns. In Shadowlands a lot of the world quests were mini games. Quite honestly, once you're max level, flying doesn't interfere with that aspect of the game too much anymore, it rather helps. Especially when the environment is designed to be terrible to navigate.

2. You can also work around that by relying more on microdungeons. We used to have tons of microdungeons out in the world. Build huge caves with tons of quests to do there. Build huge fortresses. If we are indoors we can't fly. And you're probably also creating a more interesting game world.
    Last edited by sambubu; 2022-04-22 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are not pro-flying, we are pro-choice. We are not pro-flying, but you are anti-choice and anti-player's agency.
    Are you anti-posting too now?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...
    I will never understand the anti-flying mindset. Yay, not focusing on the fun parts of the game and fighting trash mobs instead...So fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    I will never understand the anti-flying mindset. Yay, not focusing on the fun parts of the game and fighting trash mobs instead...So fun...
    So for you, the fun part of the game is floating 50 feet above the ground and not engaging with any of the content? Maybe you should buy Microsoft Flight Simulator instead. It's actually really good.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't Sky Golem just be renamed to Golem? Then he could go look for his precious...flying ability.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

So for you, the fun part of the game is floating 50 feet above the ground and not engaging with any of the content? Maybe you should buy Microsoft Flight Simulator instead. It's actually really good.
    How about you address what I said earlier in the thread instead of making stupid comments.

I'll never understand that mindset.

If you don't want to have a debate, why are you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post

Generally speaking, people who want some form of control over how others play tend to dislike flight… and everyone else tends to like it (or are at least neutral to it).

It’s basically a control issue.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like skipping unrewarding trash mobs that award nothing but annoyance and doing quests, rares, World Bosses, and things that actually award you stuff.

Dragon Riding feels more like an evolution of the flying mounts that you could rent in Northrend as zones like Storm Peaks were designed around flight. And from what they've said we can expect a lot of verticality in Dragon Isles zones as well.
    Change mounting on the ground to be available while still in combat like in Lost Ark and we got a deal. Simply put - I and many other people do not have the time to be wasting running around zones anymore. We've also seen it from the ground - while leveling. My reward for doing so should be aerial traversal. And I haven't felt like I'm in danger on the ground in - actually since the Maw although arbitrarily because of how the zone was included, and if that zone was fleshed out more than I would agree. But it was just wasted potential.

P.S. - Great signature. #BetterDracthyr

7+ Year Old Account
    We are not pro-flying, we are pro-choice. We believe those who wants to use ground mounts can use that, those who wants to dragonfall, sure you can do that too, and those who wants to fly, let them fly. Giving the players the agency of how to play such as how to travel in-game to do repetitive dailies or wq is good for the health of the game and the longetivity of player's interest because they can choose what ever method they want to travel at any given moment.

We are not pro-flying, but you are anti-choice and anti-player's agency.
    you keep saying we
    but its literally just you
    parasocial much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    Change mounting on the ground to be available while still in combat like in Lost Ark and we got a deal. Simply put - I and many other people do not have the time to be wasting running around zones anymore. We've also seen it from the ground - while leveling. My reward for doing so should be aerial traversal. And I haven't felt like I'm in danger on the ground in - actually since the Maw although arbitrarily because of how the zone was included, and if that zone was fleshed out more than I would agree. But it was just wasted potential.

P.S. - Great signature. #BetterDracthyr
    good thing you will have aerial traversal from day 1, its called dragon riding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    OP's saltyness is kind of bizarre and a bit obsessive.
    which is... quite funny speaking this.
    Honey, dear we are talking about hunter gears. please calm down. That's a paladin gear, babe. Don't hurt yourself.

I know you have this raging-hate--wanna-screw-my-brain-out-boner for me, you need to chill your titsballs, dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you keep saying we
    but its literally just you
    parasocial much?

- - - Updated - - -

good thing you will have aerial traversal from day 1, its called dragon riding.

- - - Updated - - -

which is... quite funny speaking this.
    No it's a we. It's only pro-grounders that want to remove a portion of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Sound like you understand it completely.

Zereth Mortis is 10,000 times more bearable with flying allowed in it.

The overworld is a place of repetitive chores and tasks, not "challenge." Adding "danger" only makes those tasks longer and more tedious. Every hill and ledge becomes an annoying obstacle, and "exploration" is something that wears off the instant you discover every corner of the zone.

Not in the past 8 years since WoD has come out and Blizzard started this comical "no flying" escapade have they once meaningfully iterated on it, and I have no reason to believe they possess the capabilities to do so.

It is an artificial time sink. Nothing more. Burning Crusade, WotLK, and MoP, easily the three most beloved expansions, all had flying available at max level (WotLK even before then) without any strings or meta achievements or time gating required. And the game was better for it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-04-23 at 04:09 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    No it's a we. It's only pro-grounders that want to remove a portion of the game.
    Again who is pro-ground? You can fly in the next expansion... You arnt stuck on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content