You can literally split the alliance into 2 Groups

It's weird huh, ofc there can be cross interaction, because basically on the alliance blizzard built every race to focus on humans, but if you thought about it more, actually they could fit in two camps, with some cross over

Main Alliance Group
    1. Humans
    2. Kul'tirans
    3. Gilneans (human aspect)
    4. Gnomes
    5. Dwarves
    6. Lightforged
    7. Mecha Gnomes

Guardian Group
    • Night elves
    • Draenei
    • Worgen
    • Void Elves
    • Dark Irons
    • Pandas
    • Dracthyr

Night elves - b/c they are their own thing, 15,000 year old race that has it's own distinct developments, civilization, empire, focuses on Elune, the arcane and nature, with fel in very unique ways, mostly based in the broken siles and north and western kalimdor - a bit obvious.

Draenei - well, many of their ideals, level of advancements, views are in sync with night elves, they crash landed on their territory too, made first contact and friendship with them, and they're purple too that elves

Worgen - Obviously, greatly helped and saved by the night elves, while human and the human element very much involved with the human half, the worgen element can be much more ruthlessly and primal-ly explored in the night elf group to whom they owe their stability.

Void elves - They're purple, and fit in civilization well with night elves and draenei. They may seem human at first, and there is the high elf element, but although not explored yet, void elves have strong ties to night elven Highborne, great interest in Elune's dark side which is powerful void magic and have an opportunity to play a large role in helping night elven druids protect the Emerald dream from the void by their knowledge and use of it - this is a good opportunity, and they're purple. Draenei get on well with Thalassians, and Velen was interested in Alleria, not to mention you have the Auchenai priest who use void, so there is that side to explore. Whereas humans are generally anti- void using elves.

Pandas - Pandas are an ancient pre-sundering established race who actually do have an ancient interaction with the kaldorei empire, though none today remember it (it was long distant ancestors), however their nature, animal like appearance of bears and rural/civilised duality I think would find the Night elf/Draenei/WOrgen axis far more their thing and would be drawn more to them.

Dracthyr - Again, another ancient race from before the sundering For I just think humans are more snubby with none-human races, and this would make the dracthyr fit with the night elves more. They have the same ancient race vibe, and dragons and night elves get on well. Blues, Greens and Bronze have all heavily been involved with the night elves, and Reds too - Alexstrasza did create Nordrassil

Dark Irons - they are here because they are dark, like literally every race in this group. Dark irons feel a bit closer to their earthern and thus ancient roots, which I feel also ties them better with the ancients race.They'd get on well with Dracthyr and Void elves, and we can have a human - dwarf interplay with Worgen and Dark irons like the dark mirror of the actual humans and dwarves in the alliance group.

There will be interplay, like except the high elf side of the void elves to be heavily involved with humans, and Lightforged to be often around Draenei even though they are based with humans. Worgen off course are split, so there is interaction, but you could literally draw a line.

Also I reckon that if you tallied the number of people that play those races. It would actaully be roughly even between the two halves.

Now as for the horde halves, I don't think you can neatly separate them along such clear lines in a way that would have equal numbers of the playerbase, but theme and story wise we'd probably have:

Main Horde
    • Orcs
    • Trolls
    • Tauren
    • High Mountain
    • Mag'har
    • Zandalari

Eastern Horde
    • Forsaken
    • Blood elves
    • Nightborne
    • Goblins
    • Dracthyr
    • Vulpera

Off course here Eastern horde is going to have many choices. I had Goblins and Vulpera in that group because frankly it needed more races and they were closer in development and style to humans and elves. Main horde is obvious. Dracthyr would be on the side of the elves and undead humans off course having interacted with both races - Nightborne would remember dragons from their night elven empire days, and undead from when they were alive. Also Eastern Horde needed more races. Monster based wise, I'd have put Dracthyr in Main horde if not for the imbalance in the number of races on each half. However if you count playable population, sorry, I think Eastern horde would just need Forsaken, Blood elves and Nightborne and they'd still be more players with them than the main horde also including Goblins Dracthyr and Vulpera.

Capitals:
    If they were to expand to be a proper sub-factions then.

Main Alliance = Stormwind
    Guardians = new city best placed in Kalimdor - thinking re-built Eldre'thalas with Draenei, Panda and void thalassian influences.

Main horde = Ogrimmar
    Eastern Horde = Lordaeron or Silvermoon (my bet would be Lordareon unless blizzard has alliance affiliation plans for it, then it would or should be Silvermoon, unless they have alliance affiliation plans for that too, then Stratholme.

Other options for the sub-factions include Shattrath, Dalaran and Suramar - but those are cities while dominated by one race have both faction peoples heavily involved and no real reason to change that.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-04-24 at 09:16 PM.

That'd be cool. And with cross faction gameplay the faction divide doesn't matter anymore.

I'd go Guardians (obviously). Removing Night Elves from Human culture would be the best thing to happen to them.

Actually I would propose a third group:

Alliance Thalassians

Main Leader: Alleria Windrunner

Secondary Leaders: Magister Umbric, Vereesa Windrunner, Auric Sunchaser

Main Forces:

- The Ren'dorei (including Biological Void elves, High and Blood elf scholars in Telogrus Rift, and Locus-Walker: for they are all Children of the Void)

- The Silver Covenant

- The Allerian Expedition

- The Highvale elves

These groups are all united under Alleria Windrunner in their shared goal to bring Quel'Thalas back into the Alliance, as they truly believe that the Alliance's ideals of nobility, justice, and order would better benefit Quel'Thalas.

Capitals: Telogrus Rift already serves as capital for the Ren'dorei, and the Silver Covenant owns a district in Dalaran.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-24 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    lol .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    lol .
    Of the two major High elf characters left, one is Alleria's younger sister who has been following her around since her return (as can be seen in BfA patch 8.2.5 and Shadowlands patch 9.2) and the other is a guy who literally named his expedition after Alleria.

Of the two major Void elf characters left, one is Alleria's student who explicitly and undeniably pledged himself to follow her lead and the other is Alleria herself.

Alleria is also the eldest surviving Windrunner, and we know that the Windrunner family was extremely influential in Quel'Thalas, even having their own village and spire and being traditionally the leaders of the kingdom's military. Her husband, Turalyon, also took the throne of Stormwind and the Alliance recently. The Void Lords also support Alleria, saying that the throne of Quel'Thalas belongs to her by right.

Do you know anyone else more qualified?

Someone who is not going to go insane from void beings whispering to them constantly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually I would propose a third group
    Of course you would. Someone could ask what they should have for lunch and you would be like, you know what Alleria would have?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It's weird...
    Yeah, that is a weird arbitrary distinction. What would really be the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Basic Campfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Actually I would propose a third group:

Alliance Thalassians

Secondary Leaders: Magister Umbric, Vereesa Windrunner, Auric Sunchaser

Main Forces:

- The Ren'dorei (including Biological Void elves, High and Blood elf scholars in Telogrus Rift, and Locus-Walker: for they are all Children of the Void)

- The Silver Covenant

- The Allerian Expedition

- The Highvale elves

These groups are all united under Alleria Windrunner in their shared goal to bring Quel'Thalas back into the Alliance, as they truly believe that the Alliance's ideals of nobility, justice, and order would better benefit Quel'Thalas.

Capitals: Telogrus Rift already serves as capital for the Ren'dorei, and the Silver Covenant owns a district in Dalaran.
    What about Turalyon in all of this?

doin your mom group
    Orcs
    Trolls
    Tauren
    High Mountain
    Mag'har
    Zandalari

doin your dad group
    Forsaken
    Blood elves
    Nightborne
    Goblins
    Dracthyr
    Vulpera

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What about Turalyon in all of this?
    He explicitly stated that he wants to reclaim former Alliance holdings in Lordaeron, after the success at Stromgarde. There's no reason why he can't work together with Alleria to achieve that goal.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-24 at 10:53 PM.

He explicitly stated that he wants to reclaim former Alliance holdings in Lordaeron, after the success at Stromgarde. There's no reason why she can't work together with Alleria to achieve that goal.
    The last time Alliance tried to retake Lordaeron we lost an entire island. What's it gonna be this time?

I really don't see how those make sense. Why are lightforged in one group and normal draenei in the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    doin your mom group
    Orcs
    Trolls
    Tauren
    High Mountain
    Mag'har
    Zandalari

doin your dad group
    Forsaken
    Blood elves
    Nightborne
    Goblins
    Dracthyr
    Vulpera
    This and nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sneedlewoods View Post
    I really don't see how those make sense. Why are lightforged in one group and normal draenei in the other?
    You are not alone here. I think this is yet another MMOC elf-fans fantasy about elven races getting even more attention than usual and not being the 2nd most important races (lore-wise) in their current factions, with orcs and humans.

Quote Originally Posted by sneedlewoods View Post
    Turalyon leads the Lightforged, and both Silver hand and Holy light churches amongst humans will relate more whereas Draenei already have stronger ties with the night elves, strengthened further in Legion.

And the factions aren’t totally isolated, they are sub factions. LF Draenei being with humans doesn’t mean they have no interaction with Draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This and nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not alone here. I think this is yet another MMOC elf-fans fantasy about elven races getting even more attention than usual and not being the 2nd most important races (lore-wise) in their current factions, with orcs and humans.
    The only way it won’t be about elves in your eyes is to remove them and ignore their importance.

Didn’t notice high elves and Gilneans got split too? And that blizzard already split Nightborne from Night elves and blood elves from high elves. They even split Dracthyr and Pandas.

So why. lightforge split surprised you given their leader and direct human relations whereas the Draenei have a stronger. Night elf relation shouldn’t surprise you.

Didn’t notice they were sun factions and not totally cut off. Even races in the opposite faction aren’t currently entirely cut off from each other