Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I mean, him saying that means he's not a credible expert, if that's what your saying, okay. I don't see it.
    This is the level of argument that I would expect from someone trying to defend someone like Stella Immanuel. Just because you are credentialed, this does not mean you are necessarily credible. If you do things that make you seem foolish on the stand or make self-contradicting and untrue statements (which he did, by the way, and needed to retract several statements after being questioned about their contradicting nature), your credentials mean nothing because people wont trust you.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    This is the level of argument that I would expect from someone trying to defend someone like Stella Immanuel. Just because you are credentialed, this does not mean you are necessarily credible. If you do things that make you seem foolish on the stand or make self-contradicting and untrue statements (which he did, by the way, and needed to retract several statements after being questioned about their contradicting nature), your credentials mean nothing because people wont trust you.
    Ok, If all it takes to make a witness expert psychiatrist uncredible is by having them say something stupid about Marlon Brando, than you convinced me, this lawyer is amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, If all it takes to make a witness expert psychiatrist uncredible is by having them say something stupid about Marlon Brando, than you convinced me, this lawyer is amazing.
    It's OK, you don't understand what impeaching the witness is, nor did you watch the testimony. To each their own.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

It's OK, you don't understand what impeaching the witness is, nor did you watch the testimony. To each their own.
    Been sitting here watching the whole day. Amazing lawyer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been sitting here watching the whole day. Amazing lawyer.
    Apparently not, as you have no conception of why Dr. David Spiegel's testimony or behavior would call his credibility into question. Which is fine, but it makes me wonder why you consistently comment in the thread while remaining so consistently ignorant of what's happening.

You mean the psychiatrist who diagnosed Depp without meeting him, based off an actor's performance on a movie?

Apparently not, as you have no conception of why Dr. David Spiegel's testimony or behavior would call his credibility into question. Which is fine, but it makes me wonder why you consistently comment in the thread while remaining so consistently ignorant of what's happening.
    No, I was sitting here, and I was wrong, I admit as much, you've convinced me bro. I thought it was gaslighting, but apparently not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember, we have a witness coming up this week who are going to be testifying in the case for Warner Brothers, and the claims that Amber Heard got tuned down because of "Bad chemistry" are going to get shit upon, no pun intended.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I feel like a lot of us are watching this all go down on Asmon’s stream. He makes it entertaining and hilarious with his reactions (he brought this tweet up on his stream).
    I watch it through emily d. Baker’s channel. She is knowledgable and surprisingly wholesome.

On a different note…
    The 3 points missing on a mini mental state exam (mmse) is indeed significant. However, the mmse is NOT a diagnostic tool. It is a screening tool. 27/30 score simply means that further in depth testing is recommended.

As a fun sidenote, this is also the test Trump was so proud of passing.
    Last edited by Veggie50; 2022-05-23 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Nose Fracture: A nose fracture is a break in the bone or cartilage over the bridge, or in the sidewall or septum (structure that divides the nostrils) of the nose.
    https://www.mountsinai.org/health-li.../nose-fracture
    Is this going to be like pledged and donated where you are going try to convince me different words are actually synonyms?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I watch it through emily d. Baker’s channel. She is knowledgable and surprisingly wholesome.

On a different note…
    The 3 points missing on a mini mental state exam (mmse) is indeed significant. However, the mmse is NOT a diagnostic tool. It is a screening tool. 27/30 score simply means that further in depth testing is recommended.

As a fun sidenote, this is also the test Trump was so proud of passing.
    I've been watching Legalbytes stream and her panel has been pretty good.

I feel like a lot of us are watching this all go down on Asmon’s stream. He makes it entertaining and hilarious with his reactions (he brought this tweet up on his stream).
    I've been watching on Legal bytes stream. She usually has 2-5 other lawyers and they give commentary.

Anyone else get Doc Brown vibes off the psychiatrist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    This Expert Karen is getting absolutely destroyed in the cross for the inane comparisons LOL
    She has no idea. She was comparing Heard to Zendaya, Chris Pine, Jason Mamoa, and Gal Gadot. At one point it seemed like she didn't even know Chris Pine was in Star Trek. I was astonished she was considered an expert with her lack of knowledge on movies.

He’s amusing and funny to watch in this instance, which I never thought I’d say of Asmon. He’s being himself with the Asmon act to exaggerate a lot of the stupidity. Granted, legalbytes and other avenues are definitely better for breakdowns and consensus with actual lawyers or level headed commentators. Or just watch it raw and form your own complete opinion.

I personally watch Asmon for the funny, and go to other streams or recaps for better digest in terms of what’s going down. I’d say it’s strange not many people are reporting much on Amber’s side, but it’s pretty obvious as to why. It almost always ties in with Depp’s lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak..._psychologist/

Wait wait wait...this "psychologist" diagnosed Johnny Depp without ever meeting him? Based only off his performance in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and nothing else?

Also, what the fuck is wrong with his mouth?

Like, Heard's team is making it impossible to remain completely neutral in this. Not in the "I'm on Team Johnny" sense, but in the, "Holy shit how could someone with money hire such consistently hilariously incompetent people?"

I mean, I think we can have a healthy debate over the Goldwater rule and all, but diagnosing someone off of an acting performance is just fucking hilarious.
    Part of it is that Depp pushed hard for this to be televised, so we get to see it all go down - and how he didn’t back down and kept going without settling out of court.

Plus as we know Amber is a habitual liar and makes shit up, when she doesn’t even need to. I would not be shocked at all if Amber’s team is basing things off fiction or false statements from heard - that got exposed earlier on in the trial. It’s not a stretch of the imagination that some of these experts weren’t even expecting to be in court, let alone put up against lawyers who make them fumble about their practices. No matter if they have legit credentials—Depp’s lawyers are exposing holes left and right. Will this matter? Who knows until it’s over. I have a feeling the Jury won’t grant any money to Heard at this point. It feels very unlikely, it’s more on Johnny will get anything from this besides public opinion.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2022-05-23 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    He’s amusing and funny to watch in this instance, which I never thought I’d say of Asmon. He’s being himself with the Asmon act to exaggerate a lot of the stupidity. Granted, legalbytes and other avenues are definitely better for breakdowns and consensus with actual lawyers or level headed commentators. Or just watch it raw and form your own complete opinion.

I personally watch Asmon for the funny, and go to other streams or recaps for better digest in terms of what’s going down. I’d say it’s strange not many people are reporting much on Amber’s side, but it’s pretty obvious as to why. It almost always ties in with Depp’s lawyers.
    A lot of the legalbytes panelists started out thinking Amber had this in the bag but they've been watching the trial so...

These experts the defense is bringing in are just hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAWq4PXwU6w

This is just 2 minutes of hours of cringe that unfolded

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    These experts the defense is bringing in are just hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAWq4PXwU6w

This is just 2 minutes of hours of cringe that unfolded
    I mean, it at least makes it more clear he wasn't seriously arguing that his opinion was based off of Pirates. He's just a weird guy who can't find a comb or shut up about processing speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Was she bringing up those symptoms and asking for help with them?

When I sought diagnosis for my ADHD in my 20s, I worked with a psychiatrist for 6 months, going every 2 weeks, to go over my entire scholastic history and explore my symptoms before he was ready to make a diagnosis. And that was when my opening statement about why I was there was "I think I have ADHD or something." Psychiatrists are only talking to you about the symptoms you bring forward to talk about, in the first place, unless you break down and have an episode right there in the office with them. If you just never talk about the shitty abusive things you do to your husband, your psychiatrist can't use that to question whether you might have BPD or not; they just don't know about that conduct.

So no. It isn't remotely odd at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...do you have much experience with mental health care? Because like...it's really not easy at all, and a huge portion of it relies on the patient being honest and working in good-faith with the therapist/psychologist/psychiatrist. I had mental health care for years when I was struggling with deep depression, and while the dude I was seeing (and eventually the psychiatrist as my therapist recommended medication) could get a vague initial diagnosis I was a pretty shitty patient and it took quite some time for a formal diagnosis of "major depressive disorder". Like, over a year.

Not commenting on the actual "recent diagnosis" or whatever since I haven't followed this trial closely, but just saying that diagnosing mental health issues can be extremely difficult because in a therapy session, all the mental health professional has to go on is what the patient tells them. I can see it being different in a courtroom setting where the mental health profession has access to not just previous records/information, but a lot of additional context/information that the patient may not have revealed to their therapist etc.
    i hate to tell you this, but absolutely no one is shocked youve both spent extensive time with shrinks. in fact, i would recommend the two of you both print out a slew of rants on this forum and take them to your respective shrinks for diagnosis. edge, you should also reconsider being a mod. its not helping you. both of you need to work on yourselves but its good to hear youve both recognized and admitted you have a problem.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2022-05-24 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Flaming - added nothing to the discussion
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    i hate to tell you this, but absolutely no one is shocked youve both spent extensive time with shrinks. in fact, i would recommend the two of you both print out a slew of rants on this forum and take them to your respective shrinks for diagnosis. edge, you should also reconsider being a mod. its not helping you. both of you need to work on yourselves but its good to hear youve both recognized and admitted you have a problem.
    I'm shocked you don't talk to a shrink with all these delusions of Civil War 2. Now, anything actually useful you want to contribute to the thread or do you need to call more posters unhinged first?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't need your unsolicited advice bro, but I appreciate you.