Poll: Do you support bringing back the Vanilla racial-based "priest abilities"?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Was Fear Ward truly so broken in the original game?
    Oh yes. Oh so very much.

I don't understand, I always thought the racial benefits were mostly minimal. Was Fear Ward truly so broken in the original game? The other priest abilities were very formidable also.
    There was a way to play around it. Your Warrior could stance dance and use Berserker Rage to immune the fear. Unfortunately knowledge of the game was much more limited at the time, as was latency and PC performance. Fear Ward was much simpler and didn't require your tank to temporarily make themselves vulnerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I don't understand, I always thought the racial benefits were mostly minimal. Was Fear Ward truly so broken in the original game? The other priest abilities were very formidable also.
    How many bosses was there with some sort of fear mechanics? I don't remember precisely, but quite a few. Should the tank eat the fear, a wipe was close in sight. Things to remember here: Most bosses were untauntable. People had potato computers and internet connections. People were more potato in their gaming skills as well. Cast alerts were quite primitive compared to today's standards where you have all those aural warnings, flashing screens, icons and whatnots telling you about some impending danger. Back then you at best had your CT raid assist saying "dong." And IIRC, stance swapping was on GCD, so at worst you had ~1.5 second dead time until you got your chance to press that berserker rage.

On-topic. It's a double-edged sword in my opinion. On the other hand I like this kind of flavour they add to the game, but on the other hand it freaking sucks if your favourite race has utterly useless racial abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveBy21 View Post
    I don't, because inevitably one priest race will become the meta.
    That's the fallacy that some people held onto back in the day. Racials were a huge topic in vanilla and one of the biggest scapegoats yet data showed they didn't matter as much as people pretended they did.
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Nah man. Fear Ward was so strong, you would literally bring level 58 dwarf priests to Onyxia as long as they were attuned just so you had enough Fear Wards for the tanks. When they launched WoW Classic, something like 75% of priests on Alliance side were Dwarves.
    Yep. Horde had Shamans with Tremor Totem. Alliance had Dwarf Priests with Fear Ward.

I liked them. You can move away from them providing throughput and shift them towards utility. It adds a nice flavour to the game without hurting much.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    Fear ward springs to mind as a reason for why not. They added some nice niche roleplay but this game has long since stopped being an RPG. People will just take the meta choice as sheeple get led in this community.
    Last edited by Malania; 2022-05-19 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Fear ward springs to mind as a reason for why not. They added some nice niche roleplay but this game has long since stopped being an RPG. People will just take the meta choice as sheeple get led in this community.
    Or they could maybe just add Fear Ward as a standard priest ability, and then give new Priest racials to all the existing races.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Or they could maybe just add Fear Ward as a standard priest ability, and then give new Priest racials to all the existing races.
    Even though racials are and were a huge scapegoat, I hate choosing a race based upon racials. I prefer to by aesthetics.
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Even though racials are and were a huge scapegoat, I hate choosing a race based upon racials. I prefer to by aesthetics.
    This so much.

Most players shifting to Horde for slight edge on PvP or PvE is just a sample of why doing that would be a great mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    This so much.

Most players shifting to Horde for slight edge on PvP or PvE is just a sample of why doing that would be a great mistake.
    I thought people liked the Horde for lore reasons, not solely racial ones. I mean, humans had a Trinket racial, and the Alliance always seemed much less popular than the than Horde, generally speaking at least.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quick question… did classic wow’s version of vanilla have the priest racials? or was that gone by 1.12?

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Blizz said back in MoP that if they could send one piece of advice to their pre-launch selves it would be "racials cosmetic only."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    Quick question… did classic wow’s version of vanilla have the priest racials? or was that gone by 1.12?
    According to wowpedia most of them were either removed or baked in in either the 2.3 or 3.0 patches.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, serious guilds wouldn't even take you if you weren't a dwarf. And some racials like Night Elves were just completely awful.

I support it and I wish they would add more racial abilities for each race, removing racials is boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theme wises it sounds cool. But in the end it would cause Flavor of the month racial spell switching as they try to balance stuff. Fear ward on Dwarf priests basically made it a no brainer choice when making a priest for alliance

I would much go with the class racial theme skins and change up colors and spell effects to match the cultures
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I thought people liked the Horde for lore reasons, not solely racial ones. I mean, humans had a Trinket racial, and the Alliance always seemed much less popular than the than Horde, generally speaking at least.
    that's the joke
    alliance have had better racials since wotlk

Hire a professional hacker!
    My expertise is programming, running exploits, and setting up DDOS attacks and I like the challenge of doing things where most others give up.

Examples:
    Spear Phishing Attacks to get accounts from selected targets.
    I can recover account passwords of most social networks easily, remote control smartphones.
    Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, the Twitter account hacking. Criminal record expungement, Credit score increment, Change of a school course grade, etc.

Full package deal, getting access to personal or company devices and accounts and searching for the data you need.
    Hacking web servers, game servers, or other internet infrastructure. Basically, anything a hacker needs to be successful.

Examples:
    Simply hacking something technically.
    Causing a lot of technical trouble on websites/networks to disrupt their service with DDOS and other methods.
    Economic espionage. Getting private information from someone.
    Ruining your opponents, business, or private persons you don't like, I can ruin them financially and or get them arrested, whatever you like.

Contact via
    Telegrram:............... Blackhat_plug

the shadowguard shield that the trolls had (the floating purple orb) should be available to all priests of all races

I’m all for flavor, QoL, fluff abilities of all varieties. If any of them do damage or give buffs/debuffs cap them at <1% effective DPS. But things like mage arcane linguist are just cool and give the defining differences from one class to another. Bring back class identity.