Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The one in which the right side hasn't moved since 2008? So, you're saying that conservatives have always been filled with violent Nazi terrorism?
    Hey, you said it, not me!

But seriously, the idea that it's the left in the US that's running even further left will never not be laughable. Of course, these are the same fuckers that see saying "Happy Holidays" as a heinous attack on the core values of The Judeo-Christian West™, so naturally their perception of the world is...distorted.

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/07/fox...ontract-breach

So Carlson had his first episode of his show on Twitter.

Fox is apparently claiming he violated his contract. I imagine over a non-compete etc. that he signed.

It'll be interesting seeing if non-competes like that actually stand up in court if this ends up there. Either way, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I prefer this one, personally...

Top. Fucking. Kek.

Oh you poor victim. Hey everyone, we need a month for Winter so she doesn’t feel left out. Poor lady thinks she’s not the problem. Looool.

Except this isn't even REMOTELY true. We know this isn't true because of the fucking fascist bullshit Republicans have been pushing since Trump came into office. Book bannings of anything they deem racist, woke, lgbt, crt, banning classes about minorities, trying to tackle corporations on being inclusive, trying to ban trans and gay people.

The left hasn't moved, the right has sprinted to full Hitler status, minus the genocide, but they are trying to do that if they could. Hell, even elected officials are calling for that genocide RIGHT NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Except this isn't even REMOTELY true. We know this isn't true because of the fucking fascist bullshit Republicans have been pushing since Trump came into office. Book bannings of anything they deem racist, woke, lgbt, crt, banning classes about minorities, trying to tackle corporations on being inclusive, trying to ban trans and gay people.

The left hasn't moved, the right has sprinted to full Hitler status, minus the genocide, but they are trying to do that if they could. Hell, even elected officials are calling for that genocide RIGHT NOW.
    And she followed willingly.

That’s the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    And she followed willingly.

That’s the important part.
    So did the other 10s of millions of maganuts in this country. Hopefully they wake up when they eventually have gay or trans family members.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Top. Fucking. Kek.

Oh you poor victim. Hey everyone, we need a month for Winter so she doesn’t feel left out. Poor lady thinks she’s not the problem. Looool.
    Winter Blossom Awareness Month. I second this proposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fox is apparently claiming he violated his contract.
    I think FOX News is almost certainly correct. Tucker has attempted to get out of his contract before, claiming FOX News broke it, in this May 9 article. Best of my knowledge, no court upheld that claim. And I doubt FOX News left in "oh, but you can do whatever you want on the interwebs" that would let him out.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much Carlson's rampant devotion to Trump costs him.

the right has sprinted to full Hitler status, minus the genocide
    Immigrant family separation counts as genocide.

The forced hysterectomies are similar to what Hitler wanted for Poland.

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s why both sides will never meet in the middle to find compromise because they’re too busy attacking each other.
    Four decades of compromise is precisely why America has slid so far.

I'll never understand why so many people spout off all this anti-corporate, anti-consumerism shit and then turn around and support Conservatives.

Except this is absolutely horseshit, especially if you're an American. Just shows how utterly ignorant you are of politics. The vast majority of Democrats in office are right wing neoliberals and are only marginally to the left of moderate Republicans. Some Democrats like Joe Manchin are even to the Right of some moderate Republicans on economic issues.

This is a bit old, but here's the actual Overton Window for the USA in 2016. It's actually shifted further right since then:

Of course leave it to an enlightened centrist to boil down all politics to some culture war bullshit like "they put a queer person on a beer can or whatever and now my pee pee feels funny so I'm gonna shoot it with my shotgun."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Winter Blossom Awareness Month. I second this proposal.
    Pour one out for Vegas82. He called it months ago.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Well they’re certainly doing a speed-run of crying bigotry and asserting that you’re a bad mom for *checks notes* thinking pride month is a corporatized mess that has lost its purpose.

Interesting that nobody said the ad hominem was inappropriate or went too far that also disagreed with you. Really stellar work showing centrists that they’re not allowed to exhibit dissenting opinions on a commercialized celebratory month-long event. The picture is faulty for not showing them physically pushing you away.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Ah good, the troll has come in support of the "enlightened centrist", as is tradition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Well they’re certainly doing a speed-run of crying bigotry and asserting that you’re a bad mom for *checks notes* thinking pride month is a corporatized mess that has lost its purpose.
    Except she didn't just say that.

Honestly, I’m over every topic that needs a month of celebration. We need to move on from this stupid shit.
    Of course not, but when every damn month is celebrating a whole month of something, it becomes pretty fucking stupid, and I’m not surprised that companies are starting to stop. I don’t wanna celebrate every damn thing, and I surely don’t wanna feel bad for not advertising that I’m supporting this months fake bullshit.
    Yeah, fuck off, I’d just want to sell my products and not engage in politics and social issues.
    Have a day. Nothing needs a month.
    I want to drink a beer without political statements and social issues on the bottle. Plain and simple.
    "Pride is a corporatized mess that has lost its purpose" is a motte and bailey argument wherein complaining about commercialization is a fig leaf for the actual complaint about queer visibility. Which is exceedingly obvious when the argument is paired with very blatant dogwhistles like the above.

It'd be tedious if it weren't just so funny how you lot think you're being subtle with your bigotry when you're just rehashing the same shit we've had to listen to for more than half a century.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2023-06-07 at 11:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    Clueless takes for 200, alex
    Please re-read the posts in the thread if you missed them, and tell me if you agree that someone cannot be supportive of the message of Pride month while thinking it would be better off as a day or weekend or whatever. Take as much time as you need. You weren't the most virulently against having the idea, but certainly you're capable of reading how hard others came after the disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Ah good, the troll has come in support of the "enlightened centrist", as is tradition.
    You said "nobody is forcing you to join in the festivities, shrew" right before somebody questioned whether she would end her support for her gay daughter and another asserted that she doesn't have a choice regarding Pride month if she believes the issue behind it deserves response.

I've got two eyes here reading a thread, buddy. Maybe repudiate your past post now, or reconcile it with people saying she doesn't get to support what she supports and also think Pride month needs to be reimagined. This is pretty vicious, even for the average tone of leftists in these parts.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So Carlson had his first episode of his show on Twitter.
    Is that the one where he outright called Zelenskyy a "shifty Jew?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Please re-read the posts in the thread if you missed them, and tell me if you agree that someone cannot be supportive of the message of Pride month while thinking it would be better off as a day or weekend or whatever.
    The argument that it's become "a corporatized mess that has lost its purpose" has nothing to do with its duration. Nor do either of these arguments have to do with the complaint that "I just want to do business/consume product without it being political."

Again, I'm not sure why either she or you think you're being subtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Is that the one where he outright called Zelenskyy a "shifty Jew?"
    and glossed over his almost a year of saying "Biden ordered the Nord Stream pipeline destroyed" to blurt "Zelenskyy did it!!"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please re-read the posts in--
    Why? In none of them did you deal with the issue of your candidate Trump being a sexual assaulter and you supporting that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So did the other 10s of millions of maganuts in this country. Hopefully they wake up when they eventually have gay or trans family members.
    They won't wake up - they'll just kill them.

Oh, they won't be stoning them in the public square, mostly. It'll be mostly abuse in private that drives self-destructive and eventually suicidal behavior. But it will be genocide all the same. If you don't reject intolerance, you get Nazi Germany, Putin's Russia, or some similar real-world version of Mordor.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)