Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Do you have a source for this? I'm not saying they can't hold Musk to the deal...just wondering if they actually plan to do so?
    If they don’t try to they don’t get the minimum $1Bn payout I believe. If they accept this the entire contract is just voided. I could be wrong though.

Do you have a source for this? I'm not saying they can't hold Musk to the deal...just wondering if they actually plan to do so?
    They've previously made noises to that effect, but that could have been brinkmanship too. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They've previously made noises to that effect, but that could have been brinkmanship too. Who knows.
    Yeah, that's what I'm wondering about... whether they were really serious or whether they were just matching Musk play for play in this game of chicken.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The day all the right brains thought they were going to get to "pwn the libz" on twitter suddenly cried out.. and then.. feel back onto troops to the boarder we are being invaded meme.

It's extremely easy to make the right look stupid, even easier if they're a libertarian, cause they are stupid, but like Trump before him, Musk made them look stupid. Still, it's all very unsatisfying cause of their lack of self awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    One cannot create a reliable plan for an unpredictable future. Doing too much planning stifles innovation...
    Is there any industry that you just might know anything about?

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering about... whether they were really serious or whether they were just matching Musk play for play in this game of chicken.
    News just came out, there's nowhere near been enough time lapsed for the meetings that will need to happen to have happened before that decision formally gets made. News out 3 hours ago, the meeting itself is likely going to take longer than that, let alone gathering the principles together.

Hmf...he claimed a person can live off of $5 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, you're right, it was $5 a day I was thinking of.
    And we're still waiting to be enlightened.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you point out recently that your parents, and then yourself, are quite well off in this very thread? That money has never been a problem? This isn't a good look for you...

Does explain the "people can survive on $2 per meal of rice and beans" or whatever it was at least. You're just detached from the reality of the common person.
    It's best to avoid subjective/personal stuff like that. If we want to make progress in general or in a thread then we should focus on finding objective knowledge.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-07-09 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And we're still waiting to be enlightened.
    I would challenge him to try living for a month on $5 a day.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I would challenge him to try living for a month on $5 a day.
    Why? It's not like if they claimed to have stuck to the challenge you'd have any reason to believe them. It's not orlong levels, but... yeah. Same wolf, different sheep's clothing.

No that's a misunderstanding of my point. My point is that the future is unpredictable in principle and that history can't tell you what the future will be like and how things will play out ahead of time.

Which part of history do you think I'm not aware of?

Revolutions are driven by ignorant people who don't know that progress is incremental and not revolutionary.

Also our society in the West isn't under the same threat, there's no significant risk of revolution.

They're wrong.
    Well, try and sell something(supply) that nobody wants(demand). You won't be in business for very long. A functioning economy is always demand side. Hence where there is major money put into advertising.

- - - Updated - - -

The truth is that inequality isn't a root cause of poverty and revolution and that there's infinite potential for everyone to become wealthier over time.
    Hmm, for someone to gain wealth, someone else has to lose it. Nobody can go up infinitely. Nobody.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't you point out recently that your parents, and then yourself, are quite well off in this very thread? That money has never been a problem? This isn't a good look for you...

Does explain the "people can survive on $2 per meal of rice and beans" or whatever it was at least. You're just detached from the reality of the common person.
    That is Marie Antoinette level of "Let them eat cake." arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Why? It's not like if they claimed to have stuck to the challenge you'd have any reason to believe them. It's not orlong levels, but... yeah. Same wolf, different sheep's clothing.
    The fact that I know he would cheat is exactly the reason I'd want to challenge him to try. That way afterward when he continues to say that it's possible...I know for a fact that he's lying to himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    The memes I guess. It would've been a badass power move if he bought Twitter and then cleared out the wokesters on the moderation team. But apparently it wasn't ment to be, oh well.
    Literally all "woke" means is "not an abusive dickweasel towards innocent people for bigoted bullshit reasons". Well, also that you're aware that you're not being an abusive dickweasel, I guess.

Never understood why people like yourself would ever have any problem with it. Sure demonstrates some things you'd probably not want to be publicly admitting to.

Called it. His whining about bots was an excuse to get the hell out of Dodge without paying 1 billion because Twitter called his bluff and didn't let his first troll offer pass.

And I dunno why ya'll argue with PC2. Anyone who genuinely thinks you can live off 5$ a day is clearly disconnected from reality at every possible level, and if they don't genuinely believe it they're just trolling.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would he buy it now that he can't get ahead of of all the stories he didn't want out? No point now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Apparently, Elon Musk does know how to pull out.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

It was kinda obvious he wasent gona buy as soon as he made public the 20% or more bot shit. It can only signal two things: Its a lie to signal the company is not worth anywhere as much as its said to be worth or its true and literally means the same thing that the company is not worth anywhere as much as they say. To be honest its not even worth debating which is true lmao. I think both are true. Its probably a lie on Elon part and im pretty certain Twitter is fucking over evaluated, like many of these companies are. Im glad they are sueing him, let them both lose money. Billionaire sueing each other why the fuck not. lawyers need to feed their families too.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post

That is Marie Antoinette level of "Let them eat cake." arrogance.

Except when has dude ever been honest? The detachment isn't from privilege, it's just sociopathy.