Page 6 of 297 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Now "they" have twitter too.

Yall might want to start one, I guess?
    until you bring up Musk's connections to Jeffery Epstein, until you bring up his wife left him and is dating Chelsie Manning, until you bring up that Elon's parents owned a emerald mine in apartheid South Africa.

same as with anyone who mocked or trolled against Trump on any of the other platforms.

guaranteed, if you are any sort of organizer at Tesla you can expect a swift ban and a pink slip.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It’s been a while but they are still fishing for their gotcha moment.
    Gotcha was not investing when Twitter was in shambles and watching it grow now, yes.

Probably why CNN+ died so freaking fast.. they went overkill with those.
    Mehhhh not really because unlike Fox "No one should ever take what we say seriously" News and the other like minded opinion channels believe left leaning people don't exclusively or even watch CNN. We get our news from many, many sources. We don't sit around every night to watch Fox "No one should ever take what we say seriously" News religiously. We don't care that it failed because we have more then a single news source.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Mehhhh not really because unlike Fox "No one should ever take what we say seriously" News and the other like minded opinion channels believe left leaning people don't exclusively or even watch CNN. We get our news from many, many sources. We don't sit around every night to watch Fox "No one should ever take what we say seriously" News religiously. We don't care that it failed because we have more then a single news source.
    No one has taken Fox News seriously outside of the USA since Bush. They are living rent free in your head though. Waste of space, my man.

No one has taken Fox News seriously outside of the USA since Bush. They are living rent free in your head though. Waste of space, my man.
    my dude, we are literally in the mist of a conservative melt down over a twitter account that attacks LGBT+ people on social media to the point where they inspire actual legislation and get interviews on one of the most watched shows in the country, Tucker Carlson, who is on Fox News, if that wasn't clear.

IDK but the evidence keeps piling up that you aren't being exactly honest with these takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    my dude, we are literally in the mist of a conservative melt down over a twitter account that attacks LGBT+ people on social media to the point where they inspire actual legislation and get interviews on one of the most watched shows in the country, Tucker Carlson, who is on Fox News, if that wasn't clear.

IDK but the evidence keeps piling up that you aren't being exactly honest with these takes.
    does...does he not know about Orban and Tucker Carlson? Or how apparantly Orban is gonna be a speaker at CPAC?

5+ Year Old Account

They say the same thing about our politicians, then agree with them.

See: Trump the "Joke who I'm oddly defensive of"

It's weird to me when foreigners say they don't care about American anything because it's lulz, but always need to be involve in any discussion. Like..okaaaaay...
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    does...does he not know about Orban and Tucker Carlson? Or how apparantly Orban is gonna be a speaker at CPAC?
    Given all the things the "YEAH ELON MUSK!" crowd don't appear to know in general, this seems like a fairly safe assumption, yes.

Anything that has the chance to shatter their crafted world view is discarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given all the things the "YEAH ELON MUSK!" crowd don't appear to know in general, this seems like a fairly safe assumption, yes.
    OR, or, the fact that in Russia, they have a group of people the state media thinks are the most pro-Russian in the context of their invasion of Ukraine. guess whose at the top, fucking Tucker Carlson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    They say the same thing about our politicians, then agree with them.

See: Trump the "Joke who I'm oddly defensive of"

It's weird to me when foreigners say they don't care about American anything because it's lulz, but always need to be involve in any discussion. Like..okaaaaay...
    they're just lying, because like it or not, things that go on in the US echos all over the rest of the globe, I DON'T LIKE THAT IT'S THIS WAY, but that's the way of the world.

Do you often bring forth conservatives when replying to someone who stated "Outside of the USA"? Because that's hilarious, my dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    A more-than-250-year-old economic system is not in any rational sense "in its infancy".
    Really, capitalism is eternally an infant or at most a toddler. It requires constant adult supervision to prevent it from breaking things or injuring itself.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I'm not an invester, I won nothing on this transaction. Shame really, I admit, as the market seems to love it as a positive change.
    That's not how this works.

Elon Musk offered an amount greater than Twitter's stock price. Its shares increased toward that price when a final value broke. That's literally how the stock market works.

I know your whole schtick here is to be a neckbeard troll, and I guess it's working, but good lord can we raise the bar the tiniest bit.

I'm gonna say the thing

don't like it? make your own twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Branflakes6000 View Post
    I'm gonna say the thing

don't like it? make your own twitter
    The irony being that that's literally the opposite of what Musk is doing, and that the attempts to make "free speech twitter" have thus far been monumental failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The irony being that that's literally the opposite of what Musk is doing, and that the attempts to make "free speech twitter" have thus far been monumental failures.
    i'm saying go make restricted speech twitter now

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You think they won’t restrict speech? They still have a legal responsibility to do so…
    far less restricted than it was judging by all that elon has said about it

far less restricted than it was judging by all that elon has said about it
    Elon Musk is a liar. This is well known.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are not arguing what Free Speech is. We are arguing your lack of admiration and respect for it, by calling it "Freeze Peach". Desingenuous suits you poorly.
    We probably should be. If we don't understand what a term actually means, we can't have a discussion on the subject, since we're talking past each other.

So, go on. Define "freedom of speech" for me. In three sentences or less, if you please, so we're not getting buried in minutiae. It shouldn't be that hard; I can definitely offer my own within that limit.

Be aware that I will be critical if it fails to hold scrutiny; I am offering you the opener on a debate, here, not a chance to declare some personal truth and be free of critique.

Edit: I should pre-emptively state; I'm looking for an ideological/philosophical definition, not one that references existing law. You can rephrase said law if you like, but reliance on a law's state as a premise won't hold up to scrutiny.

i'm saying go make restricted speech twitter now
    Why? Because conservatives couldn't make a "freeze peach" social media platform and had to buy a "restricted speech" platform instead?

I don't give a shit about Twitter, yo. It's garbage to begin with. I'm just here laughing at how kinda silly and pathetic this is, especially with conservatives now rallying around their new superstar.