High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have searched and cannot find any evidence that his success with SpaceX can be extended beyond the point where he had the money to hire highly qualified people. Coming up with a concept doesn't mean shit if it can't be implemented and there are plenty of instances where Elon's ideas are just not feasible. I also see plenty of forums about him firing people for criticizing him. Sounds to me like he just pays people smarter than him and hopes they are able to hammer away at a concept enough to pull it off. How many years has Tesla's FDS been "just around the corner"?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure which is better watching elon implode or watching cubby do everything he can to defend him while trying to look impartial.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

all the why Elon Musk bought Twitter theories are overthinking it.

it’s simple.

Musk is in a right wing filter bubble. he bought Twitter believing their problems were real & that others felt the same

this is what happens when you have a lot of money & live in fantasy land

Not a hot take or least what I have stated and many here believe. I honestly don't know if most who are not deep into politics understand Elon's leaning and intent.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...twitter-v-musk

Texts from an unknown sender, from discovery in the Elon Musk/Twitter suit.

From Ben Collins, who has been on top of Elon story.

From above there were more texts I read today from court documentation reading the same way. The intent is him to scrub the left and turn this into a right wing echo chamber.

Elon just tweeted about preference to tweets you see and whatever, umm this shadow banning, which I think will lead banning of certain views. Possibly it can work for both, cause he was talking about each individual tweet (good luck the 2 engineers left at Twitter for code) and not the account.

What else people have stated but sorry Twitter was a lefty place. Most of the lefty's were on the platform and the only reason the right hated Twitter was they couldn't come on the platform and "Own the Libs" and troll. Advertisers, were here cause You Know, less chance of a lefty to spew some racist or whatever crap. Sorry right wing peeps it's in your blood.

My first post I believe was this problem but allowing Trump back on. The dude tried to commit an insurrection and the important part was using Twitter to dictate this plan out.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think the most specific input he's had on design that I recall is that time he went on Joe Rogan and said he told his Starship design team to make the Starship more pointy because he liked the movie The Dictator.
    I am going to show my age here, there's an old TV show called the pretender where the actor is a super genius who would just put on a uniform and have all the abilities to do the job. Elon would have to be that guy in real life to be able to do the job of a rocket engineer, mechanical engineer, architect, designer and god knows what else he has taken credit for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "Trump decision has not yet been made."

And I doubt it will be before he can put some fires out. If he can put some fires out. Makes no sense to get that nonsense going on top of everything else. Are there even enough employees left to be on this "council" he created to decide such things?
    Imagine. if you will.
    Twitter is bleeding out people on an almost biblical level. The most of the people who are staying are on work visas. Stereotyping that'd be Indians. Dot not feather. The council is made up of left over employees. Vote to unban Trump. "Isn't he the one who wanted to ban anyone who didn't pass the melanin test? Yeah, fuck that guy. Fuck him right in the ass."

Total bullshit, I know. There are enough upper level managers who'd stick around for the payout and would be the council instead of the rank and file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am going to show my age here, there's an old TV show called the pretender where the actor is a super genius who would just put on a uniform and have all the abilities to do the job. Elon would have to be that guy in real life to be able to do the job of a rocket engineer, mechanical engineer, architect, designer and god knows what else he has taken credit for.
    I'm sure he fancies himself as more of a MacGuyver type...that he can put together a Rocket using a rubber band, All-purpose flour, 3.5 coconuts, and a bunsen burner.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even less than I thought then lol Everything surrounding his Twitter deal is some of most monumentally stupid shit I've ever seen from a supposed "genius."

Wish I was like those folks that can see the 4D chess moves so I could understand the positivity over even a single facet of this whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

A fair point, tbh. I'm not particularly worried about Trump getting his Twitter account back. If he goes back to it, he just proves himself a giant hypocrite again, after all he's said about how much better Truth Social is. Whether he gets the account back or not, Twitter is fucked. His presence won't help it.
    Trump goes back to Twitter, then Truth folds. Then Twitter folds.
    2 for 1 bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Twitter is a dysfunctional company right now.

What about his background and education makes you think he would know enough to help with rocket design? that's like throwing me in a hospital room and say I helped with surgery. There is a lot of fluff on this guy which is understandable seeing how he is "running" twitter, he is the kind of boss you have to give credit to in order to keep your job. He may have come up with good ideas I am not sure it's hard to separate facts from fiction with this guy.
    p

Hmm? Fake it til you make it. What school was this again? Oh you mean University of Pennsylvania, Wharton. Who else faked it, til they made it a Wharton, Trump. Idk about the U of Penn here.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think he does have an amazing eye for talent reusable rockets are not a new idea but he got the right team to get it done. The reason I think twitter is being ran like is because he never really wanted to do it. You can watch the interview he did before the bid I don't remember which format he was he openly said it was a really bad idea. This entire thing is due to ego he made the 420 bid as a joke when people made too much fun of him for it he signed without investigating to show everyone.

Every move after that if you look at it from this lens, there's no way to time the market at the time his bid was a good one but after it tanked just made things worse. The good thing for him though is Elon Musk is simply too big to fail, it would take some major monumental fuck ups for him to.
    Agreed. At every point of his success he's always been able to find, hire, and capitalize on other people's talent.

I totally agree re Twitter. He fucked up YUGELY with his bid and then found out he couldn't rescind it and now he's completely screwed, and seems hell bent on digging the hole even further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Not sure which is better watching elon implode or watching cubby do everything he can to defend him while trying to look impartial.
    For me the best part is seeing you intellectually dishonest haters come out of the woodwork, not read a thread you're commenting on, lie like a Trumpster, and then shuffle off to your next dishonest moment.

Don't you get tired of saying the same old lie over and over again? We love reading them, because sometimes the same old tune can still be entertaining, but it's mildly disappointing you still don't let reality interfere with your opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taifuu View Post
    I have searched and cannot find any evidence that his success with SpaceX can be extended beyond the point where he had the money to hire highly qualified people. Coming up with a concept doesn't mean shit if it can't be implemented and there are plenty of instances where Elon's ideas are just not feasible. I also see plenty of forums about him firing people for criticizing him. Sounds to me like he just pays people smarter than him and hopes they are able to hammer away at a concept enough to pull it off. How many years has Tesla's FDS been "just around the corner"?
    My understanding is that with SpaceX, he was one of about four engineers working on the design before and during their first four launches, the last of which was the only successful one, and which saved SpaceX.

He's definitely fallen into the I won't take negative feedback anymore category, one in which he might have been in for years/decades. He's obviously abusive and a shitstain of a human being at this point, and I dread the impact his continue and steepening slide will have on SpaceX.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    For me the best part is seeing you intellectually dishonest haters come out of the woodwork, not read a thread you're commenting on, lie like a Trumpster, and then shuffle off to your next dishonest moment.

Don't you get tired of saying the same old lie over and over again? We love reading them, because sometimes the same old tune can still be entertaining, but it's mildly disappointing you still don't let reality interfere with your opinions.
    What lie am I stating? that you are a Elon Musk fan? Shall we go back to the cave diving thread?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even less than I thought then lol Everything surrounding his Twitter deal is some of most monumentally stupid shit I've ever seen from a supposed "genius."

Wish I was like those folks that can see the 4D chess moves so I could understand the positivity over even a single facet of this whole thing.
    Right? It's almost like he's putting on a clinic of precisely how, in every possible category/way, NOT to bid on and take over a social media company. And it's just getting worse on a daily and almost hourly basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What lie am I stating? that you are a Elon Musk fan? Shall we go back to the cave diving thread?
    Everything you said was a lie. If you're confused about what a deplorable and irritating person you are when you post these hater/bait threads, I'm happy to discuss it. But no one on this forum who's paid attention over the last two years would call me a fan, nor someone who defends him. What you're doing wrong, amongst many things, is thinking me being intellectually honest is "defending him". Which it's not. And had you bothered to read, you would know that.

Your lies are just you, again and almost always on this subject, failing to see the reality around you. If that is confusing to you, maybe you ought to read threads before posting on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Hmm? Fake it til you make it. What school was this again? Oh you mean University of Pennsylvania, Wharton. Who else faked it, til they made it a Wharton, Trump. Idk about the U of Penn here.
    He actually has an extensive background in physics, as well as business/economics. Stanford admitted him to one of their (PhD) program in materials science, but he no-showed after day 2 and instead made some billions on the interwebs.

10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding is that with SpaceX, he was one of about four engineers working on the design before and during their first four launches, the last of which was the only successful one, and which saved SpaceX.

He's definitely fallen into the I won't take negative feedback anymore category, one in which he might have been in for years/decades. He's obviously abusive and a shitstain of a human being at this point, and I dread the impact his continue and steepening slide will have on SpaceX.
    You should probably strongly review your positions on such things, given that Musk is in no way a licensed engineer in any field, and doesn't have any STEM degrees whatsoever to his name. He's claimed plenty, and pretty much all of that's been a lie; https://archive.ph/gzGpF
    https://twitter.com/capitolhunters/s...07541932474368

Archive link first because I won't be shocked to see Elon nuke this from Twitter, but it's their own archive set up for exactly that purpose, so it's the same info from the same people in both cases.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Your link is broke.

Someone has to say it: Elon Musk has lied for 27 years about his credentials. He does not have a BS in Physics, or any technical field. Did not get into a PhD program. Dropped out in 1995 & was illegal. Later, investors quietly arranged a diploma - but not in science.
    I did not know that. Can you link something to back up that claim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Link's broken, but seriously, try verifying any of that with any of the institutions he's claimed he graduated from. Because they disagree with Musk's take, and they're the ones who'd know.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You should probably strongly review your positions on such things, given that Musk is in no way a licensed engineer in any field, and doesn't have any STEM degrees whatsoever to his name. He's claimed plenty, and pretty much all of that's been a lie; https://archive.ph/gzGpF
    https://twitter.com/capitolhunters/s...07541932474368

Archive link first because I won't be shocked to see Elon nuke this from Twitter, but it's their own archive set up for exactly that purpose, so it's the same info from the same people in both cases.
    I had no idea. The links and information I had all confirmed the same things about his degrees and education. I figured that kind of basic information wouldn't be false because anyone and everyone can correct it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Link's broken, but seriously, try verifying any of that with any of the institutions he's claimed he graduated from. Because they disagree with Musk's take, and they're the ones who'd know.
    My link was just a publicly editable site. The irony of a tweet calling out his apparent educational lies is some next level delicious irony.

15+ Year Old Account
    So general timeline:

Musk gets madge at Twitter, blames 2020 election loss for Trump on Twitter bots.

Gets into this game of chicken with Twitter, buying a $30B (at best) platform for $44B. i.e. he loses

"Genius billionaire" thinks everything he touches turns to gold, so he moves forward.

Twitter goes to absolute shit after everyone is fired or quits.

Musk will pretend this was his plan all along and not just some $44B hole in his wallet.

Everyone continues to laugh and meme on the snowflake billionaire.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was in the same boat. I thought no way he could have gotten this far for this long with all he has made and nobody would have said anything let alone screamed it from the mountain top.

But holy fuck was I wrong. I didn’t want because I came to unlike him to color my view of him. I mean most people fudge a little or slight the truth a little to advocate for his companies.

But as I said holy fucking shit I had no idea.

I still didn’t want to believe he was a complete fucking fraud. But now I’m not sure anything is true about the guys accomplishments besides being the world’s richest man.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea. The links and information I had all confirmed the same things about his degrees and education. I figured that kind of basic information wouldn't be false because anyone and everyone can correct it.

- - - Updated - - -

My link was just a publicly editable site. The irony of a tweet calling out his apparent educational lies is some next level delicious irony.
    This story's still breaking; Capitol Hunters just published yesterday. But the only source cited for his degrees on his Wikipedia page are Musk himself or his biographer; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk#Education

Which, y'know, not exactly proof.

Alright. Super triggered cause all I typed got effed up.

Someone has to say it: Elon Musk has lied for 27 years about his credentials. He does not have a BS in Physics, or any technical field. Did not get into a PhD program. Dropped out in 1995 & was illegal. Later, investors quietly arranged a diploma - but not in science.

This is a long thread with documents.

Elon does not have a degree from physics and PhD from Penn.

Didn't start a PhD at Stanford. If so this would be a Huge fail on Stanford's part since he wouldn't even have a degree to get into Stanford. I guess it happens.

Here is summary. Again a long thread if you want to read.

later on they gave Elon a lesser degree, once more really shows how bad U of Penn and Wharton seems to be with Trump likely being too dumb to give a degree.

Oh and some snarky stuff is Elon likely violated his H1-B visa and was here illegally. I think this is when he was more or less given a "fake degree".