10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    you want to silence anything that contradicts your political ideology.
    Citation needed.

If progressives hadn't silenced other billionaires like Trump
    "Progressives" didn't silence Trump, it was a decision made by Dorsey and the other Twitter higher ups as a result of Trump being seditious regarding the 2020 election.

You know you can stop blatantly lying at any time, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I mean you guys are saying billionaires shouldn't exist and you want to silence anything that contradicts your political ideology... If progressives hadn't silenced other billionaires like Trump then Elon Musk wouldn't even have to buy Twitter in the first place in order to protect free expression.
    Breaking the TOS and being banned isn't censorship, its being held accountable for your actions.

Do you believe these people are above the rules everyone else has to follow?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I mean you guys are saying billionaires shouldn't exist
    Yes, personally. We don't run a social media platform.

and you want to silence anything that contradicts your political ideology...
    Citation required*

If progressives hadn't silenced other billionaires like Trump
    "Progressives" didn't do that. Twitter did that, while Jack Dorsey - who is actually conservative leaning - was the CEO of the company.

Where you get these works of fiction is beyond me, but you seem to have a very active imagination.

then Elon Musk wouldn't even have to buy Twitter in the first place in order to protect free expression.
    That's not what's happening, because free expression isn't in danger to begin with. Unless that free expression is posting, "I think all n-words should be lynched." in which case yeah, because that "free expression" is both against Twitter's rules and harms others.

Well musk is on the verge of canceling his tesla leverage loan because he has other secured sources of funding.

i.e. musk is really not going to own twitter, many billionaires and funds appear to be coming closer and closer to being the majority owners.

that and the stock is now 9-11 billion below BID. Shows you the confidence that this deal is going to get done.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/12/twit...ase-price.html

Figures he needed some more investors since tesla is down below 730 now.

lost 70 billion so far ish..... not including what he might have lost in the calculations of the worth of his private companies over the past month. could be 100 billion out of 300.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    In what universe is Trump "silenced"?
    In the universe where apparently the only platform he can use is Twitter, and not the myriad other options - including his own social media platform.

And in which he doesn't regularly put out "presidential statements" on the internet, sent straight to the inboxes of media.

Because clearly we haven't heard anything from Trump since he's been banned from Twitter. Nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you guys are saying billionaires shouldn't exist
    Yet to give even a single argument as to why that's "wrong".

and you want to silence anything that contradicts your political ideology...
    That's just an empty and intentional lie.

If progressives hadn't silenced other billionaires like Trump then Elon Musk wouldn't even have to buy Twitter in the first place in order to protect free expression.
    Trump has in no way whatsoever been "silenced". You are, again, lying.

All that and he can pretty much be on TV any time he wishes. It's like when a republican shows up on Fox to say they were silenced /facepalm
    Well...sorta. They've toned that down because he's more of a legal liability for them. Which is entirely his own fault and not "censorship" in any way as he's not entitled to their platform.

I mean you guys are saying billionaires shouldn't exist and you want to silence anything that contradicts your political ideology... If progressives hadn't silenced other billionaires like Trump then Elon Musk wouldn't even have to buy Twitter in the first place in order to protect free expression.
    Evidence, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idealized alternate one where he has been in and out of prison (on charges of fraud and various other crimes) since he turned 18.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Or a billionaire?

Elon Musk says his deal to buy Twitter is on hold

Well, predictable. I got my popcorn ready for the copium from right wingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Elon Musk says his deal to buy Twitter is on hold

Well, predictable. I got my popcorn ready for the copium from right wingers.
    He's....he's waiting to make sure he can make all the freedoms free. *huff* Free all the banned people to give them liberty at once.*huff* He knows what he's doing. *huff* Give it 2 weeks *huff* trust..the..plan....*huff*
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2022-05-13 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the "let's tank the stock right before trying to buy them to get a better entry" tactic.

It's just like my tv shows.

Musk is now saying that the Twitter sale is on hold.

From Musk's Twitter post:

Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users
    I don't know why that matters, if it is less than 5%, that is a good thing. But I can guarantee it isn't 5%, it is much higher with all the Russian bots, and other shit.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1525049369552048129

I think Musk is now trying to find a way out of the deal, simply because Twitter's shares are down 20% since the sale happened. Musk's deal was for $54.20 per share when he made the announcement, the current stock price is $45.08 as of this post. He will either try to get out of the deal entirely, or try to renegotiate for a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post

I don't know why that matters, if it is less than 5%, that is a good thing. But I can guarantee it isn't 5%, it is much higher with all the Russian bots, and other shit.

I think Musk is now trying to find a way out of the deal, simply because Twitter's shares are down 20% since the sale happened. Musk's deal was for $54.20 per share when he made the announcement, the current stock price is $45.08 as of this post. He will either try to get out of the deal entirely, or try to renegotiate for a lower price.
    I also recall seeing Tesla share price took a hit which means he now has less imaginary money than initially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post

Was Musk's offer of $54.20 per share final? If it was final, then he either made a deal, or he didn't. If he made the deal, then he can't back out now. If he didn't make the deal, he is definitely trying to renegotiate by causing Twitter stock to dump.

I don't believe for a second he wants to get out, unless he just wants to pump and dump Twitter. He just wants to get a better price, pure and simple.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2022-05-13 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Was Musk's offer of $54.20 per share final? If it was final, then he either made a deal, or he didn't. If he made the deal, then he can't back out now. If he didn't make the deal, he is definitely trying to renegotiate by causing Twitter stock to dump.

I don't believe for a second he wants to get out, unless he just wants to pump and dump Twitter. He just wants to get a better price, pure and simple.
    Deal is 54.20, but he can walk away, but he loses the 1 billion he put down. His lemmings are coping now saying he's a genius for not actually through and buying twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Deal is 54.20, but he can walk away, but he loses the 1 billion he put down. His lemmings are coping now saying he's a genius for not actually through and buying twitter.
    Honestly the Musk cult is probably dumber than the Trump cult. It's close though.

Rip me lol. ~2000 dollars down the drain if he doesnt buy it

10+ Year Old Account
    Musk claims the deal is on hold while he counts real users vs bots.

Apparently Twitter claimed it was under 5% bots. Musk shares my skepticism.