Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Just a theory, but shitty PR pieces posing as "tech jounralism" is the primary feeder for billionaire worship.
    Given the outlet's name and the general trend of EV companies grossly overpromising and underdelivering (yo, where that Edison or whatever at? Where's the cybertruck? Weren't we supposed to have full self-driving by now?), meh. This is just a basic-ass news post because the company is making some big claims in an Instagram post.

Content to get readers to click to deliver ads in order to pay the people running the site and leave some crumbs for the poor newsmonkies who are getting underpaid for their work, and consequently the quality is commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This insanely sleek EV can travel up to 43 miles a day
    Not bad for people just needing a car to go to work and home tbh.

Lightyear 0 can still go up to 185 miles from an overnight charge
    That wouldn't be great for any long travel though.

Shit is expensive as hell though.

*shrugs*

I didn't believe in ev vehicles at first either. But if this takes off, becomes more efficient and less expensive, oil companies can finally rot in hell...

10+ Year Old Account
    185 miles range is... Uh... N-not great. That's like, less than 3 hours on the freeway.

I mean cool concept, but like, an Ioniq 5 would serve anyone better...

Luxury cars arent going to save the world lads.

Has musk pulled a Jussie Smollett here with this incident then lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Not bad for people just needing a car to go to work and home tbh.
    Unless you have a garage at home :-)

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/12/20/...ter-to-censor/

Shocking literally nobody, the "TWITTER FILES" bullshit is...well...just that, bullshit.

No, the FBI was not "paying millions of dollars to censor info from the public" nor "for an influence campaign".

The FBI did, on rare occasions, shoot Twitter a note flagging accounts for review that may have violated Twitter's rules. Which is literally just a heads up and leaving the decision on what to do, if they did anything, with Twitter.

The FBI also didn't "pay" to censor information nor "run an influence campaign." They did pay Twitter! What for? Because by law, if the FBI is making requests for information from a company they are often obligated to cover the costs the company incurs in compiling and sending the information.

Once again, Elom is the king of low-information people who live life without a moment of critical thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to Elon, this like the first time a conservative comedian has made me laugh.

Government Affiliated Snark

Grats to Elon, this like the first time a conservative comedian has made me laugh.

If this keeps up maybe someone will offer Elon $54.20 per share of Tesla.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-rele...d-in-political

Americans believe in the Twitter Files revelations: 64% think Twitter was secretly shadow banning users, and 64% also think Twitter engaged in political censorship during the 2020 election.
    Want to know what kind of power owning a social media platform holds? Here you go, unfettered access to spread completely baseless, bogus misinformation.

I take some solace in that Telsa stock continues to tank because Elom is more interested in anarchy and creating his fictional realty where he's the main character and ultimate victim than he is in any of his "legacy" companies.

15+ Year Old Account

Insert image of someone shooting their own foot.

$TSLA stock stabilized briefly when Elmo's twitter poll ended with a "Yes" to him stepping down as Twitter CEO. It crashed $13 a share the day he said he was not stepping down as Twitter CEO. I guess we're playing "How low can you go".

One of my favorite comments thus far is "TSLA is a $60-$80 stock once you wipe the lipstick off."
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-12-21 at 04:02 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Insert image of someone shooting their own foot.

$TSLA stock stabilized briefly when Elmo's twitter poll ended with a "Yes" to him stepping down as Twitter CEO. It crashed $13 a share the day he said he was not stepping down as Twitter CEO. I guess we're playing "How low can you go".

One of my favorite comments thus far is "TSLA is a $60-$80 stock once you wipe the lipstick off."
    BYD is now selling more EV cars in China than Tesla, and VW in Europe. Meanwhile, Musk kept pissing the people that buy his cars in US with his tweets. Brand loyalty will only carry him so far.

Elon Musk admits Tesla has quality problems

“I thought your criticism was accurate,” Musk told Munro in an interview that aired Tuesday on the YouTube channel and podcast “Munro Live.”

In the interview Musk also admitted that it might not be a good idea to buy a Tesla during a new model’s ramp-up period. Munro’s “Kia” critique came when Tesla was still struggling to meet early production targets for the Model 3.

Musk’s admission is quite a warning considering that the company is getting ready to start production of the Cybertruck pickup late this year, and is set to open new plants outside of Austin, Texas, and Berlin, Germany.

“Friends ask, ‘When should I buy a Tesla?’” Musk said. “Well, either buy it right at the beginning or when production reaches steady state. During that production ramp, it’s super hard to be in vertical climb mode and get everything right on the details.”

Munro also questioned Musk about quality control problems more recently. He bought a 2021 Model 3 late last year, and compared it to a Model 3 someone else purchased a month later – and saw significant improvement.

“At the end of the day, this guy’s car was fabulous … as good as anybody could possibly do,” Munro said. “I just don’t understand. Mine was built this month, his was built a month later. Mine had problems. His was perfect.”

Musk said Tesla continued to make progress even as recently as December of last year, noting that the company is finding issues more quickly as the pace of production continues to speed up.

“When you go faster, you just discover these things,” he said. “If we knew them in advance, we’d fix them in advance.”

Musk also discussed some other challenges that the company has previously experienced. After Munro praised the seats in the Model 3 as the most comfortable he has ever experienced in a car, Musk volunteered that he used to refer to the seat in the early Model S, one of the company’s first vehicles, as a “stone toadstool.”

“The early Model S’s probably had the worst seat of any car I ever sat in,” Musk said.

Munro isn’t the only one to highlight quality control problems at Tesla. Consumer Reports, which has praised the design of many Tesla models, said poor quality control – including hair embedded in paint jobs – meant it could not recommend its newest vehicle, the Model Y SUV. Of the four vehicles Tesla currently sells, only the Model 3 has the coveted “recommended” rating from Consumer Reports, although it briefly lost that designation in early 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    BYD is now selling more EV cars in China than Tesla, and VW in Europe. Meanwhile, Musk kept pissing the people that buy his cars in US with his tweets. Brand loyalty will only carry him so far.
    Never heard of BYD until recently when they started marketing in my country.

The whole solar tiles on car thing is simply not practical by any means for 90+% of the worlds population and never will be unless you live near the equator and you want your car to constantly stand around in direct sunlight. These 43 miles a day are best case numbers. While this concept may be better than the one of dipshits like Sonos (here they maximized roof space at least), it still is does not change that 2 constantly misaligned solar panels are not very effective to begin with. It's a very niche application at best and usually just a gimmik.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Unless you have a garage at home :-)
    For most people by time they are home the sun is already setting anway, but to maximize the use you need a work place where you can put your car into direct sunlight for the whole day and then ride home in car with 50°C temperature at the end of the day. Yay.. and that for ridiculous prices as well. I just don't see the overlap between people being able to waste that much money and then being inconvenienced to the max.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    The whole solar tiles on car thing is simply not practical by any means for 90+% of the worlds population and never will be unless you live near the equator and you want your car to constantly stand around in direct sunlight. These 43 miles a day are best case numbers. While this concept may be better than the one of dipshits like Sonos (here they maximized roof space at least), it still is does not change that 2 constantly misaligned solar panels are not very effective to begin with. It's a very niche application at best and usually just a gimmik.

People like you remind me of the people who believed we'd never see a computer in the homes of average people because nobody had a spare room to store an entire computer.

Something, something, brand loyalty.

Tesla Buyers Are Bailing Because of Elon Musk, the 'Worst Troll'

Musk's alt-right followers will start buying Tesla? What a moral quandary. Assuming the alt-right have morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Something, something, brand loyalty.

Tesla Buyers Are Bailing Because of Elon Musk, the 'Worst Troll'

Musk's alt-right followers will start buying Tesla? What a moral quandary. Assuming the alt-right have morals.
    Man, when your publicly traded company largely relies on wealthier liberals to buy your cars and you start pissing off those wealthier liberals who have other places to spend their money, you better hope the wealthy conservatives come out of the woodwork to start buying up shittons of cars for some reason.

I don't know about you, but I'm somehow thinking that the Mike Lindell's of the world aren't about to start driving a Tesla. I also don't think there's much overlap between the crowd that's spent years bashing electric vehicles as part of the "culture war" while driving around modded trucks to roll coal on Prius's and the crowd that's likely to buy reasonably expensive electric vehicles that continue to have quality control problems because the think the guy running it is cool and hip.

At what point will the board finally take Elmo Muskrat out behind the shed and end it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is literally "Solar Fricking Roadways 2.0 The Electric Boogaloo" but now...ON WHEEEEEELS MAAAAN.

How about we just ...build public transportation? JUST BUILD PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION GOD DAMMIT. Trains! Trains everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    People like you remind me of the people who believed we'd never see a computer in the homes of average people because nobody had a spare room to store an entire computer.
    Tell me you have no clue about science and EE especially without telling me you have no clue. GG.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, when your publicly traded company largely relies on wealthier liberals to buy your cars and you start pissing off those wealthier liberals who have other places to spend their money, you better hope the wealthy conservatives come out of the woodwork to start buying up shittons of cars for some reason.

I don't know about you, but I'm somehow thinking that the Mike Lindell's of the world aren't about to start driving a Tesla. I also don't think there's much overlap between the crowd that's spent years bashing electric vehicles as part of the "culture war" while driving around modded trucks to roll coal on Prius's and the crowd that's likely to buy reasonably expensive electric vehicles that continue to have quality control problems because the think the guy running it is cool and hip.
    Pretty much. Musk probably just alienated a large portion of his primary demographic, and only attracted a few libertarian cryptobros that invested in bitcoin early to buy drugs and CP. He also obviously doesn't care that much about the value of Twitter or Tesla. What could cause a man to mid life crisis implode his entire life's monetary worth? A tempting offer from Jared Kushner/the right/Saudis/Russia? Or just mania?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Tell me you have no clue about science and EE especially without telling me you have no clue. GG.
    People were absolutely positive electric vehicles could never go more than 15 mph 30 years ago. I would never say advancements in solar couldn't happen.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"