15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, he liked a post about DeSantis fighting Squatters while he is in legal trouble in more than one country for unpaid rent. You can't make this up. How is this one of the wealthiest men alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years for crimes and "effective altruism". This news is probably banned on X. Someone please Let Elon and his simps know.

Man, none of our band cool contrarians quote/link Gleen Greenwald anymore. I wonder why. It couldnt be for being wrong-most-the-time. I think they shadow ban you for being uncool.

Government Affiliated Snark

That picture doesn't have enough images of random people, nowhere near enough arrows and lines, and gosh what an interesting intentional choice of design on that image. Almost as if it's designed in a way to imply the appearance of some kinda symbol. Or maybe I'm just being terminally online right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That picture doesn't have enough images of random people, nowhere near enough arrows and lines, and gosh what an interesting intentional choice of design on that image. Almost as if it's designed in a way to imply the appearance of some kinda symbol. Or maybe I'm just being terminally online right now.
    Imagine Glenn Beck is out there somewhere cursing his luck. If only he had more outwardly rascist and unhinged, conservative would have given him bigger rewards.

It's a topic that deserves it's own thread for sure: Why does conservatism reward bad-faith and bigotry?

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Imagine Glenn Beck is out there somewhere cursing his luck. If only he had more outwardly rascist and unhinged, conservative would have given him bigger rewards.

It's a topic that deserves it's own thread for sure: Why does conservatism reward bad-faith and bigotry?
    He was too early. His schtick at Fox back in the days wore thin over time, but nowadays he'd be in the 9PM slot instead of whats his face. I mean, that guy was theorizing about Tay Tay CIA psyops live on national TV while admitting he had 0 evidence to support it and honestly Glenn Beck had a lot more evidence to support his crazy ideas on his whiteboards when he wasn't taking his medication.

While I understand why someone might be "conservative", I just don't understand why someone as rich as Musk whose power is largely tied to the existing system is backing forces that seek to upend it
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2024-03-29 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I understand why someone might be "conservative", I just don't understand why someone as rich as Musk whose power is largely tied to the existing system is backing forces that seek to upend it
    He knows he can bribe them into making the law not affect his business(es).

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Because to conservatives laws protect but not bind the 'in' group and bind but not protect the 'out' group. And Musk plans to be part of the in group.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Honestly, I would love to see them bring one of those up to the Midwest for one winter and watch it become nothing but a pile of rust due to the fact that it is bare steel and has no protection from the elements.
    It's a stupid design and I don't know a soul who wants a truck that can't do truck things. I work with a lot of guys who daily drive pickup trucks and they all are maligned over the fact that trucks are all now way too expensive for the working class and underpowered EVs that can't tow a trailer half way across Ontario and back without recharging 8 times.

As someone who works in the industry, I am not very happy with how the automotive industry is rushing into making EVs and companies seem to think that copying Tesla's shitty design philosophies is going to help them. I could write a whole rant just in how the current EV designs are unsustainable for market growth from consumers who live outside the big cities.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1772728262860402889

Smart for humans, at least. We will all be dumber than a house cat compared to AI, if that’s any consolation.

With assortative mating and caesarean sections allowing larger head size, there has been a massive rise in exceptionally smart people in the last half century or so.
    SHALL WE BREAK OUT THE FORCEPS FOR MEASURING THE CRANIUMS, HER MUSK?

It's weird how many very smart, terminally online conservatives are big fans of phrenology.

this is the funniest racist, unhinged, conspiratorial chud who have security clearances

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/s...22423176658946

Say it with me now

Chaya Raichik is a domestic terrorist.

For those that missed it, some lady saw a trans person in the women's changing room at Planet Fitness. The trans person was minding their own business, doing things like shaving when this woman started recording and taking picture of this person, IN THE CHANGING ROOM. So Planet Fitness revoked the harassing woman's membership. Anti trans assholes raised a huge stink on Twitter and Chaya Raichik, aka Libs of Tiktok, said they needed to boycott Planet Fitness and make their stocks collapse.

As a result, Planet Fitness stocks took a bit of a tumble...

And then a week later, Planet Fitness stocks not only recovered but are higher than ever.

So then Chaya Raichik posted "Guys you won't believe this... it's about to get even worse for Planet Fitness!!!"

25 minutes later, there was a police report about a bomb threat at a Planet Fitness.

Every garbage conservative always turns out to be a sex pest, pedophile, or terrorist.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Because the Conservative mind is governed by fear. Give them a target for their fear and they will support you. And fear is a very easy sell.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's self absorbed enough to assume that his status would make him immune to a Conservative Gonvernment's tomfuckery. And, for the most part, he's probably correct; Republican Governments have been astonishingly great for rich assholes who don't give a shit about people, Musk can just sit back and tap into the infinite money glitch of the stock exchange and get bailed out when someone breaks the market again.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1773931137531810233

So... Elon Musk is advocating repairing the collapsed Key Bridge faster by reusing the metal from the old bridge. Nevermind that it's been twisted and warped and stressed and broken. Nevermind that it's been half submerged in salt water for multiple days now. Nevermind that it will have to be cut apart just to remove it from the water. It's totally fine to just reuse it.

I'm not even an engineer and I know this is an absolutely stupid idea.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2024-03-31 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post

So... Elon Musk is advocating repairing the collapsed Key Bridge faster by reusing the metal from the old bridge. Nevermind that it's been twisted and warped and stressed and broken. Nevermind that it's been half submerged in salt water for multiple days now. Nevermind that it will have to be cut apart just to remove it from the water. It's totally fine to just reuse it.

It's a stupid idea, but it's not a stupid move IF you're someone who consistently lives within a world where everything is about maneuvering for status, no one has any outside domain expertise, and everyone is insulated from the consequences of ignorance. This is largely true for both the hyper-wealthy, and for Republicans in the US.

In that context, making stupid suggestions that no one will follow has a number of upsides:

-it gets attention (there is no bad publicity), "Hey, there's Musk again!"
    -it establishes the pretense of expertise among the other, ignorant people, "Wow, Musk sure knows his stuff!"
    -it will never be followed, so there's no chance of it turning out poorly.
    -it positions for future superiority, when reality acts like reality, "Did you hear about the delay bridge reconstruction ran into? If only they'd listened to Musk, it would be back up by now!"

So, it's good for helping his image with the ignorant - who are people he's interested in courting these days, since he's set down a path of alienating everyone else. It's a very Trumpian approach. To paraphrase Lincoln, "You can fool some of the people all of the time - so make sure those are the ones you appeal to."
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2024-03-31 at 04:49 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account

Elon Musk is the poster child of getting high on your own supply. I mean, it's really all the fucking ketamine, but you get what I'm saying.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

15+ Year Old Account

Reforged steel will never be as strong as original steel. Elon Musk is fucking stupid, and he's proven that over and over.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Reforged steel will never be as strong as original steel. Elon Musk is fucking stupid, and he's proven that over and over.
    "But it's cheaper and faster!" claims someone who has no fucking clue how anything works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d hate to be an over-leveraged narcissist who isn’t getting big stock grants anymore. Tesla just reported their first quarter vehicle deliveries… and the numbers are absolutely brutal.
    Missed estimates by a mile. Lost volume. Cut production and still overproduced.

• Tesla shares fall after deliveries drop 8.5% from a year ago
    • In China, Tesla faced an onslaught of competition from domestic EV makers, including BYD and newcomers such as the phone maker Xiaomi. After sluggish sales numbers for its China-made cars in January and February, Tesla reduced production of its Model 3 and Model Y at its Shanghai plant and slashed workers’ schedules to 5 days a week from 6 and a half days.
    • In the U.S., reviews were mixed for Tesla’s newest model — an angular pickup dubbed the Cybertruck — which the EV maker only began to sell in small numbers in December last year.
    • A series of discounts and incentives appeared to be less effective in driving sales volume than in the past for Tesla.
    • During the final days of the first quarter, Tesla CEO Elon Musk mandated that all sales and service staff install and demo the newest version of the company’s premium driver assistance system for customers in North America before handing over their cars. The system is marketed as Full Self-Driving but doesn’t make Tesla cars autonomous. They require a human at the wheel, ready to steer or brake at any time.
    • Shares of Tesla dropped 29% in the first quarter, the biggest decline since the end of 2022 and the third-steepest quarterly plunge since the company’s IPO in 2010.

Prolly why elom pushed FSD 0.04b out to the masses to absolutely no acclaim; Tesla's valuation only makes sense if it's a transformative tech company. If it's just an auto company that's missing sales targets, it's overvalued by a couple orders of magnitude.

This is the same person who OKed a truck that has the potential to rust on a slightly humid day. I wouldn't trust Elon even if someone put a curse on him to be truthful the entire time he spoke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say it is never stronger as people do reforge stuff and make it stronger than before. However, unless you add something to it, the best you will get is something similar to what you had before AND you would lose material from the reforging process.