10+ Year Old Account
    But but SpaceX is the good one! Don't besmirch Spacex! Reusable Rockets!

SpaceX's Starlink falls short of growth expectations despite revenue surge - WSJ
    SpaceX's satellite internet venture Starlink posted a more than six-fold surge in revenue last year to $1.4 billion, but fell short of targets set by CEO Elon Musk
    "SpaceX has met or exceeded revenue projections over the past three years, other people familiar with the company’s balance sheet say"
    • WSJ really softballed this report. What a weird claim to frame this, given that we know Starlink is extremely not living up to revenue projections ... $1.4b in '22, instead of $12b projected.
    • "All the major airlines have spurned [Starlink] in favor of sticking with established Wi-Fi providers... Analysts say SpaceX doesn’t provide the long-term contracts and exclusivity that corporate clients often want... For Delta, the memory of a failed 2022 demonstration still hasn’t faded".
    • Pretty sure every major business fraud case in my lifetime has this “the accounting is more art than science” line in the first half of the documentary.

Shocked that investors let Musk get away with not accounting for "incidental" costs like launches, ground infrastructure costs, etc. when getting pitches about Starlink profitability.

Government Affiliated Snark

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    it's his "infrastructure week"
    He's moved on from "We'll have self driving cars to the end of the year" to "Let me implement features on twitter that nobody asked for and makes the site an objectively worse place"

- - - Updated - - -

One of the funnier twitter revelations of the past few days is that Elon admitted under oath that the Elon Test account where he roleplays as himself but really young is in fact his burner account.

Everyone already knew this was him, but this just officially confirmed it. Most divorced man ever.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Everyone already knew this was him, but this just officially confirmed it. Most divorced man ever.
    Mitt Romney still putting all these loser chuds to shame with their boring-ass sockpuppet names. Nobody can compete with Pierre Delecto.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean, it's just sad at this point. Worst midlife crisis ever!
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

15+ Year Old Account
    So via Twitter news (take it with a grain of salt I guess? idk I've seen these images) most of the pizza restaurants near the pentagon have had significantly more business in the last few hours than normal, along with a significant DECREASE in gay bar traffic.

Take that how you will, but google the Dominoes index if you don't know what this implies.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Take that how you will, but google the Dominoes index if you don't know what this implies.
    I regret to inform you that all that brings up is a bunch of stuff about the stock index of Domino's Pizza, so some explanation may in fact be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I regret to inform you that all that brings up is a bunch of stuff about the stock index of Domino's Pizza, so some explanation may in fact be in order.
    Yeah...I'm online but I'm not this online. Cryptic nonsense.

Iran attacking Israel means people at the Pentagon are working overtime as the situation develops. hence ordering more pizzas because they don't have time to go home for dinner and no time to go clubbing (with the added notion ofc that everyone in the military is gay)

I absolutely fail to see what it has to do with Elon and/or Twitter tho.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the funnier twitter revelations of the past few days is that Elon admitted under oath that the Elon Test account where he roleplays as himself but really young is in fact his burner account.
    That's not him roleplaying as himself but really young, it was him roleplaying as his toddler son.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...izza121998.htm

Maybe it's just Washington Pizza index, anyway when big operations are happening, pizza deliveries from the places closest to the pentagon soar.

I would think the Pentagon had enough food inside to feed everyone working there while closing the whole place down for 2 weeks. No cafeteria so employees get pizza delivered?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I would think the Pentagon had enough food inside to feed everyone working there while closing the whole place down for 2 weeks. No cafeteria so employees get pizza delivered?
    They probably have a long shelf life food supplies laid in, but would you prefer that or pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    When I was there, I remember there were like 50 fucking food joints inside.

https://www.whs.mil/Services-and-Information/DoDCC/

I clearly remember there was a Pizza Hut inside, but it looks like they pulled that one.

People don't quite realize how big the Pentagon actually is.
    Last edited by Elder Millennial; 2024-04-15 at 07:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

The bot problem on twitter has gotten so bad that Elon is now charging a small fee to create a new account on twitter and unlock the ability to make tweets.

This feels like something that bots would pay anyway because they're probably getting a ton of money as is, and Elon just wants to monetize the bots.

The bot problem on twitter has gotten so bad that Elon is now charging a small fee to create a new account on twitter and unlock the ability to make tweets.

This feels like something that bots would pay anyway because they're probably getting a ton of money as is, and Elon just wants to monetize the bots.
    I wonder why this wasn't a problem before he bought it!

NBC News found that at least 150 paid “Premium” subscriber X accounts and thousands of unpaid accounts have posted or amplified pro-Nazi content on X in recent months, often in apparent violation of X’s rules.
    https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1...4E86ll49A&s=19

On phone so I will link article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...source=twitter

In short a bunch of paying, verified users are posting Nazi shit. Shocking.

In article at least 150 premium accounts with total of 4.5 million view, with one account at 1.9 million.

74 of 150 accounts had ads

So Elon is very Nazi adjacent and has tweeted accounts coming close to this. I didn't see in article mentioning if Elon interacted with any of these accounts.

So one case we can say this is what Elon wants. He would call this free speech. The other I guess paying for premium is a Big fail. In the end it is allowing them on the platform.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    TESLA's week summed up in one image...
    • More top level executives are jumpming ship.
    • Losing big chunks of the EV market
    • Stock is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    • Stock is falling.
    Part of Tesla's problem is that the CEO is spending way too much time on something called X, and their best engineers are being made to work on something called Grok.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    • Stock is falling.

There's been a recall on some Cyber Trucks because the gas-pedal cladding disconnects and can get stuck under some features.
    Leaving the gas down.

And TESLA is losing because they never switched from "tech company" to "car manufacturer".

Tesla Model X of 2024 #98546 can be a (slightly) different car with different parts than Tesla Model X of 2024 #98547 because Tesla replaced something because they found a tiny improvement.

Meanwhile KIA doesn't do that and would never think to do that.
    And can churn out more cars, for less money, that are easier for consumers to deal with.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    More bad news for a bond villian or an aprtheid-billionaire-weirdo-with-a-space-program.

The case concerns stuff that happened in California, and as a result, it was brought before the California NLRB. But SpaceX tried to judge shop it to Texas to get a more favorable judge.

That has been denied. SpaceX LOSES its attempt to prevent the transfer of its challenge to an NLRB proceeding out of Texas.