Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WELP, Tesla shares are down 15% or so off this news, wiping out $125B in imaginary value. Poof.

As a reminder Elon Musk owns a bit less than 20% of TLSA shares in total, so (again, I suck at math so someone check me here) he may have lost upwards of $20M+ due to the stock losing value.

Does this mean that technically his decision to buy Twitter is costing him $66B now? $46 for Twitter itself and another $20M "stupidity tax" on top of it?

Oh I wonder if us stupid plebs can ever understand the 82 Dimensional chess that these brilliant billionaires play.
    Plus 6B of Twitter existing debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Lefty Twitter users are upset not because they fear they will be banned. It’s because they fear people who don’t agree with them won’t.
    that's what block chains are for, genius. also Discord is right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    The number of people outing themselves in this thread and elsewhere on my other feeds essentially saying ‘unregulated free speech is bad because people might lie or say mean things’ is… well really disheartening.
    people who call for unregulated free speech are in fact the greatest threat to "free speech". sorry if you think Nazi's spouting off the names of people they want killed or beaten isn't something any sane or reasonable person wants, anywhere.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519377424437243904

considering shorting tesla, no way this ends well lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519377424437243904

$72B in the price for Twitter, loss of value of his Tesla shares, and the Twitter debt.

Elon Musk is truly the Galaxy Brain guy meme.

7+ Year Old Account

That's accurate.

It's your loss if you do that, Tesla and Twitter are improving over time.

this dumbass can't even keep his mouth shut long enough to get the things he apparently really wants.

quick run down: dipshit is so petty and self absorbed he broke the agreement to whine about the people he's buying Twitter from.

like, how anyone thinks this guy is anything but yet another dopy rich asshole is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    this dumbass can't even keep his mouth shut long enough to get the things he apparently really wants.

quick run down: dipshit is so petty and self absorbed he broke the agreement to whine about the people he's buying Twitter from.

like, how anyone thinks this guy is anything but yet another dopy rich asshole is beyond me.
    Wouldn't be surprised if this was the plan. Take the $1B hit and loss in value for TSLA stock rather than eat the full $44B (plus loss of stock value in TLSA, plus $6B in Twitter debt).

And he'll cry about it the whole time like he's been crying about having to pay the SEC a settlement for violating the law.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the plan. Take the $1B hit and loss in value for TSLA stock rather than eat the full $44B (plus loss of stock value in TLSA, plus $6B in Twitter debt).

And he'll cry about it the whole time like he's been crying about having to pay the SEC a settlement for violating the law.
    as I said, Musk is a dopey rich asshole. who has way too much money anyone person should own, let alone someone this petty.

as I said, Musk is a dopey rich asshole. who has way too much money anyone person should own, let alone someone this petty.
    Still fairly convinced he's been playing a game of chicken with Twitter and wasn't expecting them to call his bluff...but they did and now he's moments before impact and desperately looking for the "eject" button on his Tesla.

7+ Year Old Account

That's just a leftist interpretation of the rules though, so you shouldn't expect that to go anywhere in the legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    That's just a leftist interpretation of the rules though, so you shouldn't expect that to go anywhere in the legal system.
    or, hear me out: you simply have no idea how contract law works. Twitter AND musk would sooner exchange checks then bother going to court over it.

or who knows?! Musk strikes me as the exact kind of idiot to take it to court, when he's clearly the one who broke the contract.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-04-27 at 06:44 PM.

That's just a leftist
    Man, every time I read people screeching and moaning about "LEFTIST" I read it in Jason Alexander's voice when he played George Castanza on Seinfeld. Then it's actually funny.

"Everything I don't like is LEFTIST"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have literally not ever heard a single person use the word "leftist" unironically and go on to make any kind of rational, reasonable argument.

Literally not once.

It's a term only ever used by radical extremists on the right.

And specifically; if the contract terms of the sale require no disparaging tweets against Twitter or its staff, and Musk makes such tweets, that's a slam-dunk decision against Musk if Twitter chooses to pull the ripcord and get a billion dollars for "free".

It won't go far in the courts, because any judge is gonna look at the terms, look at the tweets, and rule summarily for the plaintiff (Twitter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else appreciating, how funny it is for the richest man in the world to put up stock equity as collateral on a loan at like 5x the value of the principal.

If Elon and Twitter agree that Tesla stocks are worth 80% less than their current market rate....
    So if you're wondering why Tesla's value is plummeting today, maybe that's why.

Poeple still want to sign up for a Mars colony run by this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Poeple still want to sign up for a Mars colony run by this guy?
    He said it would be very affordable to take the trip! Everyone can just borrow a small loan of $100,000 from their parents and experience the grandeur of going to another planet.

Just remember he is a champion of free speech!!

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Just remember he is a champion of free speech!!

It was always about the Freeze Peach he likes, and only that Freeze Peach.

He said it would be very affordable to take the trip! Everyone can just borrow a small loan of $100,000 from their parents and experience the grandeur of going to another planet.
    So wait you have to pay 100K for the privilege to serve as slave to Elon Musk on mars?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Elon Musk needs to buy Blizzard then I will have cosmic expansion like never before!
    Haha, Elon would have to fire 80% of Blizzard to get it functioning again.

On topic: It's glorious to see the mentally unstable wokes have critical meltdowns over Musk buying Twitter.
    Last edited by Farora; 2022-04-27 at 09:16 PM.