10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Him having an opinion and tweeting about it is not a "War Crime" as you put it. Clearly he's doing the slow roll into insanity, and may have tentatively arrived at this point, but your points are just outlandishly ridiculous. Musk is wrong, and shouldn't have done it, but "serious sanctions" and "War Crimes" are just...well, silly.

I love that you keep trying to ring that Musk fan bell, it's adorable.
    When you have the kind of resources to eat "$80 Million dollars" according to Elon himself then bake in the idea that maybe what people should do that already laid down their lives is play a little game of democracy after thousands have already laid down their lives should play a game of lets take a vote to see who gets it, then NO, his suggestion on what HE feel's is "A Public Square" is no longer just an opinion.

And if I were in charge of this or any other governments, I'd make it clear he's already crossed the line. He isn't fucking cute, funny or harmless. People are fucking dying specifically in a conflict right or wrong he has involved himself and resources. And also no he shouldn't be allowed under our flag or any other to do that shit without consequences.

You defending that shit and handwaving anyone who disagrees as a frothing hater reveals more about your position than anyone else. I don't personally care about what he does or his personal opinion, I do care about people dying for a noble cause having a carrot dangled in front of them by this South African Racist ego maniac POS!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    When you have the kind of resources to eat "$80 Million dollars" according to Elon himself then bake in the idea that maybe what people should do that already laid down their lives is play a little game of democracy after thousands have already laid down their lives should play a game of lets take a vote to see who gets it, then NO, his suggestion on what HE feel's is "A Public Square" is no longer just an opinion.
    That's exactly what it is. An opinion. It may not be a popular opinion...but it's still just an opinion.

And if I were in charge of this or any other governments, I'd make it clear he's already crossed the line. He isn't fucking cute, funny or harmless. People are fucking dying specifically in a conflict right or wrong he has involved himself and resources. And also no he shouldn't be allowed under our flag or any other to do that shit without consequences.
    And that would make you a tyrant.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's just his opinion, and rich or not, that's all it is.

He's a private citizen. He can do whatever he wants under the law, and unfortunately there is no law for this.

You defending that shit and handwaving anyone who disagrees as a frothing hater reveals more about your position than anyone else. I don't personally care about what he does or his personal opinion, I do care about people dying for a noble cause having a carrot dangled in front of them by this South African Racist ego maniac POS!
    Not defending him - never even hinted at it, and haven't for anything of his personal bullshit for years now - so please try not to lie in your posts. You just said that what he's doing/saying is worthy of a War Crime, and that's just beyond silly.

Love that you thought of yourself as a hater without me even saying it. Interesting.

Musk's actions in this matter are reprehensible, at best. His slow slide into insanity is showing more and more now.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just his opinion, and rich or not, that's all it is.
    Not just an opinion when it's proceeded or followed by an action such as bringing up Starlink and the 81 Million Dollar loss for his choice to help "Meddle" in international affair.

Love that you thought of yourself as a hater without me even saying it. Interesting.

Only if you think I forget the one and only other time I was critical of Elon Musk specifically me like everyone else who dared to utter a critique you frothing at the mouth would call a hater.

Yeah it is funny how you over look those realities like any other.

10+ Year Old Account
    The anti-cult of Musk is as cringe of the cult of Musk.

Musk is basically the Kardashians at this point.

How about thinking Twitter will be the same hellhole it is now, after a prospective Musk purchase. The drapes and paint job might change. Accusations of bans due to political bias with shift.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

I am annoyed that the participants of these twitter ponzi scheme got out

At least Musk ate the L on this one

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not just an opinion when it's proceeded or followed by an action such as bringing up Starlink and the 81 Million Dollar loss for his choice to help "Meddle" in international affair.
    And yet still not a War Crime. That's all I'm saying.

Only if you think I forget the one and only other time I was critical of Elon Musk specifically me like everyone else who dared to utter a critique you frothing at the mouth would call a hater.

Yeah it is funny how you over look those realities like any other.
    The only one frothing at the mouth here is you. I've been critical of Musk for a few years now on this forum (when I felt it was was valid). The fact that you still label yourself a hater, without me even remotely bringing it up, speaks volumes.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet still not a War Crime. That's all I'm saying.
    If you say so, at this point, I think Elon Musk went from being mildly rude and arrogant to specifically blackmailing a foreign government.

The only one frothing at the mouth here is you. I've been critical of Musk for a few years now on this forum (when I felt it was was valid). The fact that you still label yourself a hater, without me even remotely bringing it up, speaks volumes.
    You may be critical NOW, and I say that only because I don't monitor everything you have said since the cave rescue incident and calling one of the rescuers a pedophile when you called me a hater to his more recent antics. But I know damn well you have leveled that accusation towards many others for the same exact thing as I was when being Critical of Elon Musk.

As for the frothing on my end, Yeah I don't ever recall a time in history where one of the richest or if still not the richest man in the world decided to use his capital to leverage a foreign government. Fuck Twitter, there is no bigger threat to humanity than when an individual even comes close to doing that kind of shit.

And I am flat out saying, I think he is doing it, his more recent statements are way over the line and I do think it's well past time to reign that kind of bullshit in, both as country and a global community.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you say so, at this point, I think Elon Musk went from being mildly rude and arrogant to specifically blackmailing a foreign government.
    It's possible that's exactly what he's doing. We are, after all, only seeing the tweets and such that can be documented and shared.

You may be critical NOW, and
    I have been critical of Musk for awhile now. I'm just not irrationally critical, like so many others have been, in this and other Musk related threads.

I say that only because I don't monitor everything you have said since the cave rescue incident and calling one of the rescuers a pedophile when you called me a hater to his more recent antics.
    You can't have it both ways:
    Either you don't monitor anything or you've watched it all and this is the only time...just don't lie, ok?

But I know damn well you have leveled that accusation towards many others for the same exact thing as I was when being Critical of Elon Musk.
    Only when the criticism, in my estimation, was irrational - such as yours was at the time. You're making the classic mistake of using general accusations and yet not providing any specifics to demonstrate your point. Since you either do or don't track the times I comment on our Musk criticisms (let us know when you've made up your mind), let me clarify your broad generalities - I have called out people for being haters when their criticism of Musk is broadly irrational, and ignores objective facts ("he's an idiot"; "he hasn't done anything for SpaceX"), because that's exactly what a Hater is - someone who irrationally hates something/someone regardless of what the objective reality presents. I'd be happy to clarify, if you want.

As for the frothing on my end, Yeah I don't ever recall a time in history where one of the richest or if still not the richest man in the world decided to use his capital to leverage a foreign government. Fuck Twitter, there is no bigger threat to humanity than when an individual even comes close to doing that kind of shit.
    And I am flat out saying, I think he is doing it, his more recent statements are way over the line and I do think it's well past time to reign that kind of bullshit in, both as country and a global community.
    I agree, he's crossing lines that shouldn't be crossed, considering his enormous economic and [therefore] political influence. I hope there are laws that can be brought to bear upon him. But not a War Crime - which has been my point all along.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    How about thinking Twitter will be the same hellhole it is now, after a prospective Musk purchase.
    Well I mainly follow non-political people and it seems like a pretty good platform. As long as you follow reasonable people then you'll have a reasonable experience, imo.
    Accusations of bans due to political bias with shift.
    Nah Musk doesn't want to ban or silence lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Just his employees and any media critical of his companies.

Well I mainly follow non-political people and it seems like a pretty good platform. As long as you follow reasonable people then you'll have a reasonable experience, imo.
    Try following political commentary and prominent journalists. (I primarily use it as a replacement for the old RSS-style feeds from publications, with the added benefit of seeing news articles from individual journalists when their entire host publication may be of a generally worse quality). The people I know that use Twitter to follow sports and entertainment also hate on the average user, for what it's worth.

Notice I said accusations. You've already seen the accusations fly from way back when he initially considered the buyout, and that was before anything had happened!
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    **Shocker**

https://www.thedailybeast.com/privat...al-report-says

Musk pulls out again. Delaware Court Sends Letter Saying Parties Haven’t Filed Anything So Will 'Press On Toward Our Trial'.
    Musk is blaming one of the following:
    • Covid Conditions
    • His investors failed him ... alas he can never fail his investors
    • Christian Walker

Apologies to:
    • Fans of Musk trying to spend $44 Billion in order to turn Twitter into a smaller version of 4chan.
    • Blake Master and Donald Trump Jr. since they're in the running to be the new VPs of Content Enforcement on the new Twitter.
    • Guys that are not Musk fans, but always talk like Musk fans.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    **Shocker**

https://www.thedailybeast.com/privat...al-report-says

Musk pulls out again. Delaware Court Sends Letter Saying Parties Haven’t Filed Anything So Will 'Press On Toward Our Trial'.
    Musk is blaming one of the following:
    The link only says one investor, representing only ~2% of the purchase price, has pulled out. Not that the deal isn't going through. Not seeing any other news about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The link only says one investor, representing only ~2% of the purchase price, has pulled out. Not that the deal isn't going through. Not seeing any other news about it.
    Its also worth mentioning that Musk already has written commitments from banks that will finance the deal. That is kind of the point of having the trial now rather than next year when those commitment letters run out

If Musk does what he says he is going to do twitter will go down in glorious flames since no one is going to pay a monthly fee and advertisers don't want their ads next to Neo Nazi propaganda. On the other hand if he runs it purely for profit his right wing cult will ream him over the coals for being woke. Either way this is going to be good for popcorn watching.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If Musk does what he says he is going to do twitter will go down in glorious flames since no one is going to pay a monthly fee and advertisers don't want their ads next to Neo Nazi propaganda. On the other hand if he runs it purely for profit his right wing cult will ream him over the coals for being woke. Either way this is going to be good for popcorn watching.
    Not really because Musk isn't going to make huge and abrupt changes to Twitter and most users don't really care about who owns Twitter. The average user and the average advertiser wouldn't notice a significant difference.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-10-06 at 05:15 PM.

Not really because Musk isn't going to make huge and abrupt changes to Twitter and most users don't really care about who owns Twitter. The average user and the average advertiser wouldn't notice a significant difference.
    That's exactly what he promised or are you just admitting he is full of shit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's exactly what he promised or are you just admitting he is full of shit?
    I'd say he is full of shit about half the time because often times he is just "spitballing". This means he is constantly throwing out potential ideas where most of those ideas will end up in the waste paper basket, but a few will come true and lead to gold.

If Musk does end up buying Twitter then I think he'll quickly realize that he needs to do things in a gradual and incremental manner because if he quickly makes big changes to Twitter then the outcome will be unpredictable.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-10-07 at 11:12 AM.