Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm not a fan of the race either but even I know this is just insane of a desire. If you want to call down a dragon, play a DK. If you don't enjoy the aesthetics of the class/race, don't play it. It's pretty simple. They are adding new lore, not destroying anything. It's okay to not have every piece of content be catered to your exact taste and preference. You will live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

In a perfect world I would have loved a dragon class over a dragon-lite class. But we live in a world where blizzard needs to worry about things in playability and how half a raid being massive dragons would be problematic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    In a perfect world I would have loved a dragon class over a dragon-lite class. But we live in a world where blizzard needs to worry about things in playability and how half a raid being massive dragons would be problematic
    Dracthyr Evoker is pretty far from a "dragon-lite" class. It really encapsulates the draconic lore of the 5 dragonflights quite well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

Lmao, this is exactly what we got without wings,

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh.. Dracthyr wasted no lore, they added more lore in, that Neltharion had been messing around with more creations than we knew.
    After stating he could not mix the power of the dragonflights, they suddenly said he could

Dracthyr Evoker is pretty far from a "dragon-lite" class. It really encapsulates the draconic lore of the 5 dragonflights quite well.
    It's dragon-lite because Evokers are restricted to Dracthyr and, from what we've seen so far, Dracthyr aren't thematically aligned with how Dragons look in Warcraft and share much more characteristics with lizards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed010 View Post
    It's dragon-lite because Evokers are restricted to Dracthyr and, from what we've seen so far, Dracthyr aren't thematically aligned with how Dragons look in Warcraft and share much more characteristics with lizards.
    What other races could Evokers logically be if the class revolves around dragon abilities?

As for the look, while we haven’t seen that style of dragon in WoW, there are dragons in other media who do look like Dracthyrs.

5+ Year Old Account
    just cheap attempt of Blizzard to lure in Final Fantasy players, with addition of race that looks like 1:1 trademark of FF games, dragonlike creature Bahamut.

Asian manga's and MMO's loves to present demon lord like some dragon alike monster, bipedal draconic humanoid with anime powers to summon meteors at will. (aka MAO)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-28 at 03:32 AM.

i would remove them completely. imo it’s just a bad joke. no clue how ppls can like that cheap shit.

no
    they explained why
    if not drakonid then these guys are the next best thing

They very much should have gone with the sandstone drake type method. You can be a dragon out of combat with an ability, but in combat, you are a humanoid form, with dragon-shifting for specific abilities.

Furthermore, it should have been the base races, like the other dragons get to choose their forms, but with some dragon aesthetics added (horns). This furry nonsense honestly ruins any interest I have in the new race/class. I hate this garbage...and its an insult that we get this dumb crap just to fulfill some dev's horny fantasy when things like Ogres have been asked for for 15+ years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Are people just figuring out Dracthyr were designed by Scalies?

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Hope they add the bulky models for Bara fetishists like the OP more choice for players is always good

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I hate it. Both in lore and looks. Lorewise they coulda done it with drakonid. They could have even added it as a special offshoot where they have wings if they really wanted the wings. But the lore around drakonids is better than what we have here. Dracthyr are literally long lost neltharion by products of a dragon and mortal verging (wait that's another's lore) ... except these were asleep for 10000 yrs!

As for there looks, I'm in the camp they look like skinny lizards or furries. (Not even dissing on them). It s got an uncanny look of looking like a skinny human in a dragon suit. It has almost 0 difference between the two male and female models. And they look like they could be broken in two by a child

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The only way it would make sense is if you're a Chromatic Dragon, otherwise there's no way to make sense of any Dragon capable of using all Dragonflight's powers.

That being said, I'd have been way more happy with Mortals merely adopting a Dragon form.
    Eh, no... A dragon taking on a mortal form is nothing new, in fact there's a whole article and plenty of references to Dragons taking on mortal forms... but a mortal becoming a dragon will break all forms of Dragon Lore entirely, either that or it has to be a very convincing disguise.

There was also an interview a couple days ago explaining the whole Drac'thyr vs Chromatic Dragons bit. Drac'thyr were the first but since Neltharion aka Deathwing couldn't reach the Dragon Isles to get them, he had to conscript his son, Nefarian, to make a bunch of new ones himself. What Nefarian ended up doing was rounding up some of the dragons from the five aspects and tried to take them apart to create Chromatic Dragons.. which ended up failing each time. They were living science experiments turned Frankenstein Monsters trying to emulate ancient magic with crude mad-science.

This isn't much a retcon since we didn't know "WHY" Nefarian was making Chromatic Dragons in the first place or why Deathwing wanted them since they ended up making Twilight Dragons instead.

How does this "waste decades of dragon lore" when it's just a new addition to existing dragon lore that doesn't even conflict with what we already knew? Neltharion experiments are par the course for dragon lore and they already covered why they couldn't get quadruped dragons to work well, which is why we got the Dracthyr.

Yes it is? Personally I would have wanted actual dragons.

One reason gameplay. Simple as that. Running around in the big dragonform makes 99% of all mechanics either unplayable for everyone else or for the dragon.

Also many like the humanized version of dragons.

But i agree on die very unsettling furrization of them. Wide hips and weird faces... they look more like a human in a furry costume than a dragon on 2 legs... it is unsetteling at least...

Visage form should not be a thing in the first place. ONLY dragon form done. Make them able to wear cloth. That would also get rid of the furry-istics a bit.

No idea why it wastes lore though.... the whole point is too expand the lore

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Lol that'd be the Mythic+ version of raids. A bunch of huge ass dragons together and you can't see shit.
    Just don't give them a melee spec. They can have a tank spec, there would only be one or two of them in melee range at any time and thus you'd have no issue. Healing spec would be ranged, then a damage spec that focuses on the unique magic of each flight. Have them be chromatic. Use drake forms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    just cheap attempt of Blizzard to lure in Final Fantasy players, with addition of race that looks like 1:1 trademark of FF games, dragonlike creature Bahamut.

Asian manga's and MMO's loves to present demon lord like some dragon alike monster, bipedal draconic humanoid with anime powers to summon meteors at will. (aka MAO)
    ff14 stole bahamut 1 to 1 from D&D a humanoid dragon
    get bent
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I argue it is a waste because WoW has only one shot at realizing the concept of playable Dragons. There would be no problem if Dracthyr are just another new and unique NPC race living on the Dragon Isles, like Sethrak or something, but being the expression of playable Dragons misses the mark completely.
    Also the fact they reuse humanoid models. Would it really be that difficult to make a new humanoid race?