Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Great! It's time to move back to the Horde I guess. Finally Tauren Mage, name already reserved!

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The animations thing isnt a limitation anymore though. See: Vulpera monks.
    That might fix the issue for Goblins, but not Worgen.. a friend of mine told me that they tried to make a worgen in a model viewer do a Tiger Palm, and the entire worgen's arm just came out of their mouth.

Yeah I'm out, this is way too stupid. I thank the old devs for Warcraft, sad to see it completely ruined like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magenugget View Post
    Yeah I'm out, this is way too stupid. I thank the old devs for Warcraft, sad to see it completely ruined like this.
    of all the weird things blizzard has done to lore in the past 4 expacs, this is what ruins it? wut?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok bye /10chars

This didn't ruin anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wouldnt say completely ruined. Dungeons and Dragons has minotaur acrobats and pixie barbarians, and WoW already has tauren engineers which are plenty weird. Weird shouldnt mean impossible in my opinion.

I still stand by the idea that we should have quests acknowledging the weirdness though. Like a short simple side questline where a tauren puts on some hoof pads to help him sneak around, then when he's spotted he just bashes the enemy to death with a couple of maces. Complete the quest, then unlock the weird combination. So its still doable, but we're not going to expect a bunch of tauren rogues huddling in Thunder Bluff forming their own Sunwalker-styled subfaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    That might fix the issue for Goblins, but not Worgen.. a friend of mine told me that they tried to make a worgen in a model viewer do a Tiger Palm, and the entire worgen's arm just came out of their mouth.
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...08vYa808vYk87q

They have monk animations
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-04-28 at 10:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good! Now do monks and warlocks, they don't need any special considerations to be made playable either. Only druid, DH, paladin, and shaman would take extra work. Release those gradually, so in a patch do all the paladins, another patch do all the shamans, etc.

Does the tauren war stomp fit into their pvp opener without hitting dr?

If so it would make rogue mage even more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Does the tauren war stomp fit into their pvp opener without hitting dr?

If so it would make rogue mage even more dangerous.
    Warstomp drs all stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    Good! Now do monks and warlocks, they don't need any special considerations to be made playable either. Only druid, DH, paladin, and shaman would take extra work. Release those gradually, so in a patch do all the paladins, another patch do all the shamans, etc.
    I have no idea why they didn't do monks. I can only guess that it would take extra work to maybe lock those combos into only being able to start in Exile's Reach. I'm guessing they went with Mage, Rogue and Priest because it requires basically no work to integrate them.

As for Warlock, I think their lore reason stands. Out of all of the potential race/class combos, Maghar Warlock/DH is the only one that should be theoretically impossible. Since they would cease to be Maghar in being those classes. Regardless I hope it means they give the rest of the race/class combo unlocks something unique.

I want NE or UD paladins but I guess we are one step closer to that too
    Vae Victis... woe to the conquered!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    As for Warlock, I think their lore reason stands. Out of all of the potential race/class combos, Maghar Warlock/DH is the only one that should be theoretically impossible. Since they would cease to be Maghar in being those classes. Regardless I hope it means they give the rest of the race/class combo unlocks something unique.
    I'm not even sure how something like Lightforged Warlock would be a thing. Draenei is doable, but lightbulb bois - big doubt.

Draenei Locks, especially if they add the appropriate skin tones/decorations, could be amazing. I hope they will eventually do it.

I can see it now;

-Invisibull
    -Mootilate
    -Beefthief

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    There is also the issue with Goblins and Worgen not being monks, which I later figured out is that their animations get messed up when they do Monk specific animations...
    Didn't they say the worgen curse messes with the inner focus required to be a monk and use chi? Cause it is literally a restrained wild animal in your mind. And for goblins... I dunno, maybe they're just too douchey?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Mind as well just allow every race to play every class at this point, given that the lore doesn't matter anymore. Hell, let any race join any faction! Orcish paladins for the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Warstomp drs all stuns.
    Right but I mean capping it out within the opener... isn't it cheap into kidney then you could add stomp to it for the mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    All of the core races current starting zones took place during Cataclysm. They added lone pandaren monks as trainers, retroactively.
    But the gobbos and worgen literally start before the Cataclysm. All the other starting zones are just "After" it happened, which MoP is too. And WoD. And Legion.

Meh... those were the least restricted classes to begin with.

What i want to see is more paladin, shaman, druid and demon hunter choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Mind as well just allow every race to play every class at this point, given that the lore doesn't matter anymore. Hell, let any race join any faction! Orcish paladins for the Alliance!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/DZ2jJAk.png[IMG]
    You talk like you actually cared.