Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    To avoid any problems in pugs.
    so another causal unfriendly change allowing toxic guilds to extort loot from their players again

just what game needs - alienate casuals even more

each day shows more and more that DF will be inferior version of SL.

Leave ML where it is. As a raid leader I do not want ML back. It benefits so few that is usually more a social hassle than it is worth.

What needs to be done is tweaking of personal loot trade rules. It does sucks that for example a trinket drops but it sucks for you and you will never use it, but just because it is higher lvl than what you got it just gets equiped to be able to trade the next one of that ilvl and then sold/disenchanted.

I much prefer master loot for organised play. Or at least "free distribution" of loot. I sucks running raids or keys, having loot drop that you don't need, despite ilvl upgrade and that you can't trade because of it.

The crowd against ML is afraid that GMs/Raid leaders will hoard loot and distribute it to themselves or "those deserving", and to that I say, join a guild you can trust. Scumbags are everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so another causal unfriendly change allowing toxic guilds to extort loot from their players again

just what game needs - alienate casuals even more

each day shows more and more that DF will be inferior version of SL.
    Join a non-toxic one ?

This is such a dumb argument, "my guild benches me because XYZ, my guild did so and so, GM's an ass"... Change guilds....
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Why not just keep personal, but also bring back Justice Tokens from WotLK? That way players who get unlucky can target specific pieces/items instead of forcing ML and having to rely on their GM being merciful with drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    To avoid any problems in pugs.
    that would likely be the thing
    they had it in legion just like that and it got removed because a dev raged over a trinket...uh i mean "Trials deserve loot too"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I much prefer master loot for organised play. Or at least "free distribution" of loot. I sucks running raids or keys, having loot drop that you don't need, despite ilvl upgrade and that you can't trade because of it.

The crowd against ML is afraid that GMs/Raid leaders will hoard loot and distribute it to themselves or "those deserving", and to that I say, join a guild you can trust. Scumbags are everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Join a non-toxic one ?

This is such a dumb argument, "my guild benches me because XYZ, my guild did so and so, GM's an ass"... Change guilds....
    dude you dont understand

they have to stay because its the only guild in the world that meets their raid time

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post

dude you dont understand

they have to stay because its the only guild in the world that meets their raid time
    got me !

/10chars
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the problem isn't master loot; the problem is not being able to trade gear. let's say you have 2 Hunters, one BM one MM. both have 4 set but with different pieces. BM gets an upgrade for chest but doesn't want to use it because it breaks 4 set but also can't trade it to the MM Hunter who it would be an upgrade for because it is technically an upgrade for the BM Hunter. also then you have legendaries which interfere with tier gear - if someone has a legendary in a tier slot and they get tier from a boss for that slot then they can't trade it (at least that's what I've been told)
    There won't be any crafted legendaries in Dragonflight, only tier sets.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Those are really two different problems. Badge gear should absolutely be brought back but to serve the same purpose as it did back then namely to give casuals a way to work towards the best gear in the game without having to fuck up instances ran by the hardcore players.
    Or to fill in holes to combat RNG.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I dont really understand why. Let players have the freedom to join what group they want. If you dont want to play in a pug that uses masterloot, dont. Nobody is forcing you. Why must you force the freedom away from other players?

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    I dont really understand why. Let players have the freedom to join what group they want. If you dont want to play in a pug that uses masterloot, dont. Nobody is forcing you. Why must you force the freedom away from other players?
    The problem is that it generally isn't up to the joiner but the group leader. So there actually is somebody forcing you.

How about... joining PUGs only with PL?
    Leader should be the person who decides what kind of loot he wants and should say it before raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Leader should be the person who decides what kind of loot he wants and should say it before raid.
    It was meant to be this way. However some unscrupulous raid leaders would change the loot type just before the death of the boss, and either ninja everything or give it to their friends. Part of the issue Blizzard has was when they said 'If raid leaders set rules out before a raid started and then changed them part way through, then that is a form of scamming and can have action taken' which meant they had to devote people and money to GM's to sort it out. PL was a great solution to the extra costs because there was no potential of scamming happening. I honestly don't think it will happen because the way they've defunded GM services means that without some robust software solution or a terrible ToS change on scamming, they wont be able to handle the extra scam tickets.
    RETH

If they bring back master loot, don't let power hungry guildmasters control who gets a mount that drops. Make mounts personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Why is masterloot brought back? It doesn't fit with the way loot drops are currently generated at all.
    They should just lift all loot trading restrictions and be done with it.
    This. It would be much simpler and would also avoid all the really obvious issues with master loot being abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    That's a pretty dishonest way of looking at it. Most somewhat intelligent people realize that if there is an option to centralize power to a single person or a small group of people they'll take that option a large percentage of the time in favor over a more fair option.

Finding an honest group who does PL from start to finish will be very hard so essentially you're forced to join groups that screw you over.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    There won't be any crafted legendaries in Dragonflight, only tier sets.
    oh excellent. but if they do make them drop in tier slots in DF or future expansions then yeah the same problem will arise

If you don't like master loot, then just ... don't run with it? If it comes back, it's going to be an option. And if someone changes the loot rules, either have it be a vote, or a pop-up notification so that people can know when to bail.

For all the talk about master loot 'abuse' I never once had any issues.

That's a pretty dishonest way of looking at it. Most somewhat intelligent people realize that if there is an option to centralize power to a single person or a small group of people they'll take that option a large percentage of the time in favor over a more fair option.
    Start your own groups with PL then.

Finding an honest group who does PL from start to finish will be very hard so essentially you're forced to join groups that screw you over.
    We had a time already with PL and ML together and it was not a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Just don't enter any groups that are using master loot. See look, non issue now
    Now explain how to keep the leader from changing after you joined.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    That's what masterloot used to have anyway. Like 16/20 people had to be in the same guild for master looter to be available.
    Only in legion? Before that it could be used in most groups, but you needed to establish loot rules before hand so Community Support could deal with issues.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!