Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep, imagine this shit actually happens with PL as well because at some point there will be a lot loot to trade, and people still ask why guy X got something and not me.
    It was such a bliss not having to deal with drama anymore. And no, not going ML when its available is simply not an option.

Well I certainly won't sympathize with loot councils if they bring this shit again.
    not sure about that as i've never seen it happen wiht pl as my guild just use rolls, i can sympathize wiht loot council either i personally don't want it back

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    "not using ML when it is available isn't an option"
    we heard the same thing about covenant swapping when people argued in defense of the restriction.
    ML is more efficient way to gear group, so no, its not an option. There wasnt a single guild using PL on my realm.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    To avoid any problems in pugs.
    That would solve something, but frankly it was such an abuse-prone system that they should let it remain dead.
    Just expand the options for trading loot in a guildrun and you'll be golden; no reason to let little powerhungry cunts annoy others over videogame loot.
    If it's in a socially functioning guild leaving it liberal like that will just have the same outcome, without the coercion.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think they should just rock both systems simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    ML is more efficient way to gear group, so no, its not an option. There wasnt a single guild using PL on my realm.
    Sounds like a lot of ppl who didn't mind the system

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Your comment is a textbook example of ignoring facts.

Fact. Trials are entitled to the same opportunity for gear as anyone else

Fact. Trials contribute to the kill as well.

Fact. Without trials a guild could be killing zero bosses.

This bullshit entitlement that officers have is why people are always leaving their guild. Not pErSoNaL lOoT.
    I haven't been an Officer in any guild since MoP. Trials getting lower prio on the BiS stuff was also the only logical and extremely obvious way to do loot when I was a Trial and Member of any guilds I've been in since then.

Trials are entitled to the same opportunity for gear as anyone else
    That's not a fact, it's your opinion, and a shitty one at that.

Trials contribute to the kill as well.
    Hardly. A lot a Trials are getting hardcarried when they first join. That's why there's a trial period... Trials who are carrying their own weight get promoted to Member after a couple of raids. In many cases, bringing a Trial to a hard Mythic fight he hasn't done before, while the rest of the raid has been progressing on it for a while, is strictly speaking worse for the raid than simply going 19man.

I saw as much as 1 single guy leave a guild I was in because of loot while ML was the norm. This guy was also the biggest lootwhore I have ever seen, and felt personally entitled to all the loot that dropped. The funny thing was that it was the opposite scenario of your big fear. He was a long term member who ragequit because a new Member who just passed his trial was given a BiS weapon over him.

I have seen more drama over loot during BFA and SL, the two expansions that had PL in raiding guilds so far, than I did during every single previous expansion with ML.

And yeah, damn those "entitled" bad guy Officers, wanting to make sure that loot goes where it's best used, while keeping it fair. The Trial who gets SHOWERED in loot when he joins sure is suffering! It's only fair to the Trial if he is full BiS by the time they make it to Member within their new guild! What an absolutely ridiculous dogshit argument.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    To avoid any problems in pugs.
    Now do us a favor and post on the offical forum.

Easy to implement, solves many issues. Approved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arai View Post
    ML coming back is bad for WoW except for the very few top guilds. Ironic how Asmon wants ML back so badly and always says its not for "him", while he and his closer friends will benefit the most from it. ML only drives toxicity and drama in a guild except if you have a perfect environment which simply almost never exists. Stop catering to the top guilds, if they want degenerate behaviour let them do it. They already profit enough from RWF so they can put in the work of more split raids I personally couldnt care less.
    Nope.

ML existed for last 14 years. Yes - it causes problems. Yes - it creates drama. But that is not what they are trying solve.

Equally - it creates commitment to the guild and contributes to the sharing is caring attitude.

People who got a problem with ML - is the same people with many other problems(primarily socially).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-05-06 at 09:46 PM.

Remove master loot completely, change all boss drops to "Shard" and use shards to buy any item you want from the vendors, unlimited purchases as long as you keep getting shards. No more loot RNG.