Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I hate the idea of All races All classes. One of the things that attracts me to rpgs, fantasy games, is the diverse cultures, and how everyone brings something unique to the table, whether that's being a warrior/mage/priest or human/orc/undead, etc. Everyone gets to shine in their unique ways, to contrast.
    Making all races all classes erases that for me. The world becomes more boring and homogenized.
    It's a player convenience > lore/story decision, which I always dislike.
    I think that letting players take the wheel will strip it of everything that makes it special, but obviously many would not agree. Just my opinion.
    I agree that homogenization is atrocious, I'm really hoping that if they go this route they do some more stuff like 'class skins' and cosmetic changes to the spells along with some lore quests to explain and explore the differences between the various versions of the different combos.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I agree that homogenization is atrocious, I'm really hoping that if they go this route they do some more stuff like 'class skins' and cosmetic changes to the spells along with some lore quests to explain and explore the differences between the various versions of the different combos.
    Yeah I agree. I already think they should be doing that for the existing selection, but I'd definitely want them to do it if they go the route of all classes for all races.

5+ Year Old Account
    I dislike pandarens happy-go crazy smile, but if they allow Pandaren Demon Hunter then i pretty much willing to sacrifice my sanity just for sake of fun, how it gonna look with hooves.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

WoW Lore is D.E.A.D. (to me).

Too me...
    Vanilla was the pre-eminent height of WoW lore, a simple basic quest could lead down a rabbit hole of reading!
    TBC was the promise of lore from Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, Illidan, Vash, Kaelthas, Akama, the Naga!
    WotlK was the promise of lore for Arthas and the Scourge from back in Warcraft 3!
    Cata was the promise of Deathwing and the Dragonflights! (Galak..WHO?!)
    MOP was the beginning of the end for me... I don't care for Pandas... I don't care for the Chinese theme/lore.
    WOD was the absolute end for me... Time Travel = Lore Killer, that's it, it's all over, there's no going back or forward from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    WoW Lore is D.E.A.D. (to me).

Too me...
    Vanilla was the pre-eminent height of WoW lore, a simple basic quest could lead down a rabbit hole of reading!
    TBC was the promise of lore from Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, Illidan, Vash, Kaelthas, Akama, the Naga!
    WotlK was the promise of lore for Arthas and the Scourge from back in Warcraft 3!
    Cata was the promise of Deathwing and the Dragonflights! (Galak..WHO?!)
    MOP was the beginning of the end for me... I don't care for Pandas... I don't care for the Chinese theme/lore.
    WOD was the absolute end for me... Time Travel = Lore Killer, that's it, it's all over, there's no going back or forward from here.
    Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK all had time travel (in the form of quests and CoT instances having an active effect on ongoing lore), and the time travel in WoD was actually to an alternate universe whose continuity was entirely separate from ours and thus unable to actually affect anything in terms of our own continuity. Cata also made use of time travel in its final arc, as we both take the Dragon Soul from the War of the Ancients and travel to a version of the future to contend with the Infinite Flight in the three Dragon Soul-related instances.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK all had time travel (in the form of quests and CoT instances having an active effect on ongoing lore) and the time travel in WoD was actually to an alternate universe whose continuity was entirely separate from ours and thus unable to actually affect anything in terms of our own continuity. Cata also made use of time travel in its final arc, as we both take the Dragon Soul from the War of the Ancients and travel to a version of the future to contend with the Infinite Flight in the three Dragon Soul-related instances.
    But Vanilla, TBC, WotlK & Cata weren't BASED on time travel/alternative dimensions... WOD was from the very beginning and the whole way through it, I think that is the best way I can word it simply?
    Time Travel/Alternative Dimension = same same to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    But Vanilla, TBC, WotlK & Cata weren't BASED on time travel/alternative dimensions... WOD was from the very beginning and the whole way through it, I think that is the best way I can word it simply?
    Time Travel/Alternative Dimension = same same to me.
    I would say that is a distinction without a difference, but YMMV insofar as tolerance for time travel or AU shenanigans go.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So one of the new interviews announced that they plan to eventually roll out all races to all classes, but they'll be doing it gradually to make art assets and lore for the combos that don't make sense yet.

But the current plan is for all races to have access to Mages, Priests, and Rogues in 10.0

What do you think will be the lore impact from this broadening of options?
    because of this i was scrolling through the character creation menu and there are lot of race/class combos that would be very easy to add without breaking the lore but there are others that doesnt make sense at all like gnome druids, draenei and lightforged warlocks, void elves paladins, etc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind more races playing more varied archetypes, however in game it should be noted that they are different even though mechanic wise they play the same.

Example:
    Humans have tha paladins. These are religious warriors in essence.

Night elves should not have paladins. They should instead have Warriors of Elune (a more gender diverse version of Sisters of Eline)

Some races currently do not make sense. Orcs for example are shamanistic in nature. Their "religious" warriors are basicly enhancement shamans. Maghar orcs could fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    I don't mind more races playing more varied archetypes, however in game it should be noted that they are different even though mechanic wise they play the same.

Example:

Night elves should not have paladins. They should instead have Warriors of Elune (a more gender diverse version of Sisters of Eline)

Some races currently do not make sense. Orcs for example are shamanistic in nature. Their "religious" warriors are basicly enhancement shamans. Maghar orcs could fit.
    Its more that as individuals characters can actually choose paths that are less regular then most. Mabye you are the one orc that decided to go and live with the light forge dreani and you are infact a real orc paladin. I think thats more the idea here. NPC are often given this freedom to be off the norm, so it would make sense players can too, like in dnd. There is an undead paladin in the crusade. Hes the only one, but you as a player can be one too if its about your character building. Lore wise its a rarity, but you as a player should be afforded the ability to be that rare thing in the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its more that as individuals characters can actually choose paths that are less regular then most. Mabye you are the one orc that decided to go and live with the light forge dreani and you are infact a real orc paladin. I think thats more the idea here. NPC are often given this freedom to be off the norm, so it would make sense players can too, like in dnd. There is an undead paladin in the crusade. Hes the only one, but you as a player can be one too if its about your character building. Lore wise its a rarity, but you as a player should be afforded the ability to be that rare thing in the lore.
    That's always been my approach to the problem as well. Allowing people to be weird combos adds MORE roleplaying value, not less. You give players the freedom to make their character what they want it to be to a greater degree than you would be able to with pre-set restrictions. I often see people argue the opposite, and it's never made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post

Example:

Blizzard hasn't done that in existing options. Just look how every priest is exactly the same despite supposedly having different religions. They definitely won't be doing it once every race can be every class.

3+ Year Old Account
    Great, I can finally have a Pandaren Demon Hunter and Undead Druid without "Um actually, that can't happen" being told to me.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I want to be a gnome shaman but gnome cant be shamans and there are no cross factions guilds

The Race System's problem is its designed with Cookie Cutter personalities with no vision for stepping outside their zone.

All race, class combos shoulda been available. Blizzard is video game designers - design the game FFS. Give the players what they want, and move onto the next thing they want - don't stagnate on one problem for 50+ years.