Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

All Races All Classes Planned

So one of the new interviews announced that they plan to eventually roll out all races to all classes, but they'll be doing it gradually to make art assets and lore for the combos that don't make sense yet.

But the current plan is for all races to have access to Mages, Priests, and Rogues in 10.0

What do you think will be the lore impact from this broadening of options?
    Twas brillig

The lore is trash, anyway. Might as well do this. It'll be cool to play some of the new combos! Orc paladin, yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    At this point, nobody plays WoW for the lore anymore. The devs certainly don't care. The roleplay community is pretty much dead compared to the 2013/2014 era. Orcish paladins standing in Stormwind will be an amusing sight, though.

Worgen should have always been able to be paladins, so that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point, nobody plays WoW for the lore anymore. The devs certainly don't care. The roleplay community is pretty much dead compared to the 2013/2014 era. Orcish paladins standing in Stormwind will be an amusing sight, though.

Worgen should have always been able to be paladins, so that's a plus.

Worgen doesn't work because of their curse. That Orc Pally looks nasty though (This can most definitely be a possibility with the light vs void expansion 11.0 presumably. HOW SICK would a Wolf Paladin Charger look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Lore doesn’t matter. If it did BfA and Shadowlands would never have made it live (Plus a bunch of other shit they’ve done over the years). If they’re going player expression, go all in with void elf paladins and forsaken druids.

I'd be ok if they make it clear that some of the Race-class combinations are like exceedingly rare. Eg the Orc Paladin is one of like ten who learnt to use the light with the argent dawn. Over a new orc Paladin Order called Heaven's Roar or something

Good decision, avatars should serve player agency, not the lore.

It just means WoW just gets worse. Removing restrictions doesn't make it better. It just means Blizz no longer cares to even make the appearance of fixing the game...and since the lore has been flushed down the shitter because...well, it has become shit, anything that made any sense has become nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Good decision, avatars should serve player agency, not the lore.
    Oh, you mean story and lore shouldn't matter at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Worgen doesn't work because of their curse.
    The Worgen curse is druidic in nature, and Elune provides both nature and holy magic to the night elves, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Worgen doesn't work because of their curse. That Orc Pally looks nasty though (This can most definitely be a possibility with the light vs void expansion 11.0 presumably. HOW SICK would a Wolf Paladin Charger look.
    Worgen curse makes them hard to raise into undeath not hard to use light
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    So one of the new interviews announced that they plan to eventually roll out all races to all classes, but they'll be doing it gradually to make art assets and lore for the combos that don't make sense yet.

But the current plan is for all races to have access to Mages, Priests, and Rogues in 10.0

I ain't buy this bs, its clearly damage control because dracthyr can't be other classes and they are coming up with this, they specifically said no new race combos for dragonflight cause they were focusing on dracthyr/evoker.

Talk to me when other races become Demon hunter, but i bet my left nut they will give the other elves druids and shamans first than any other race, cause ~~reasons~~, then, they will never add then again, just like they forgot about allied races and the customizations, is predictable.

And before someone says "b-b-but lore!" no, at this point we already know every race(maybe saving two) is capable of simple learning to be a class(that isn't a DK) and your own faction already have enough teachers.

The only tricky thing would be forsaken druid, who could burrow drust fantasy and turning into death animals, a corrupted druidism like dark shamanism and void elf paladin who would explode, but those helfers will not let blizz alone so this will eventually happen anyway too, so who care about this at this point, worse things were done already.

Holinka didn't exactly say this in the interview. But restricting classes based on race is a very old-fashioned thing. Virtually all tabletop games got rid of class/race restrictions.

7+ Year Old Account
    And other races "learning" from others isn't going to make the lore worse, is completely valid, by example, for night elves open up a druid school for the alliance races, and trolls open a druid school for the horde races.

How this is going to make lore worse? it would not, it expands a concept, there is exchange in culture and customs, the player play something different, everyone wins.

Problem is, like i said, they will do like 4-6 options, mostly elves, and call a day, never do again, just like the customizations.

Good, this is exactly what should be done. I'm glad they're willing to flesh out the lore for this, I would've just accepted them just flipping a switch, but the more lore the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Good, this is exactly what should be done. I'm glad they're willing to flesh out the lore for this, I would've just accepted them just flipping a switch, but the more lore the better.
    What lore? When and where have they ever made any improvement on lore that made coherent logical sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What lore? When and where have they ever made any improvement on lore that made coherent logical sense?
    Sunwalkers were pretty harmless & interesting addition.

If they end up getting paladins, I want orcs to be lightning based, I hope we see a lot of cosmetic changes and spell alteration stuff out of this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I dunno, Dezco kinda contributed to Tauren sunwalkers being too paladin-like, rather than being their own thing
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It just means WoW just gets worse. Removing restrictions doesn't make it better. It just means Blizz no longer cares to even make the appearance of fixing the game...and since the lore has been flushed down the shitter because...well, it has become shit, anything that made any sense has become nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you mean story and lore shouldn't matter at all?
    What lore prevents an Orc Paladin, or a Goblin Monk? If a Tauren can be a Shadow Priest why not a Mage? Aside from Forsaken Paladin really what Race/Class combos are lorewise forbidden?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Point.
    I myself see them as a paladin subclass. And further, certain iconography and spell appearance should differ to emphasize the "sun" in sunwalker...small differences to flesh it out...and not just another paladin...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    What lore prevents an Orc Paladin, or a Goblin Monk? If a Tauren can be a Shadow Priest why not a Mage? Aside from Forsaken Paladin really what Race/Class combos are lorewise forbidden?
    You mean there should never be cultural differences in the races...That’s what you're saying.

Anything can work, the Light provides power to the Scarlet Crusade...