Thread: 2022 Midterms

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/1577348109704871960

Man, Republicans really suck at this whole thing.

IF? Honey, the woman has the literal receipts. And a get well soon card from Hershel.

One "broad"? Ah, criticisms only for the women who Walker had sex with, but no criticism for Walker who had pre-marital sex with multiple women and fathered multiple children that, at least according to some, he was an absentee father to.

Republicans continue to be some of the most amoral folks I've ever seen.
    NEW: Dana Loesch confesses what we’ve long known about Republican forced-birthers. All they care about is controlling people. They have no actual values.

“I don’t care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles. I want control of the Senate.”

I give the Republicans this credit as always. They "Don't Give a F*ck". They want to win no matter what. Oh btw she calls the person a "skank". Love it.

So we know Republicans don't care. It's effin amazing since this is their thing. So this won't change a thing and moving forward I honestly believe any anti-Choice Republican should just admit they had their partner or themselves an abortion. I mean: "Who Cares?". They just want the power of women here. So who cares.

So since I believe this won't change too many Republican votes, I think that Warnock and others need to drive home once more that this is about controlling a woman's body. Don't point out the hypocrisy. Point that no matter what they want to control your body. I'm doing tit for tat here, but must emphasize the radicalism of these people and what they will do to not have autonomy for your body.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-10-05 at 09:09 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

And you know what? If a kid wants to "identify" as a cat at school...so fuckin what? Let them be a little fuckin weirdo, that's part of what school is fuckin for.
    They are mad that kids are actually being kids.

Lol.

Wish there were something you could do to help your Democratic candidate of choice win? Well, there is. You could volunteer for him/her.

Here's a chart from the VoteDem subreddit, showing Democratic candidates and how you can volunteer for them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...k1M/edit#gid=0

10+ Year Old Account
    Beto just announced he will legalize weed in Texas. Less than 1 hour after Biden's announcement.

It's a great policy position and I'm happy to see it.

But I just dont trust Weed-is-my-one-issue voters to turn out.

Except for Willie Nelson, because he's awesome!
    Government Affiliated Snark

Abbot used $1 BILLION in COVID relief aid for his border mission.

https://www.chron.com/politics/artic...r-17492053.php

Is there no bottom for this guy?

Not really primary related at this point, but honestly can't wait till the election is over just because I am tired of all the scam callers I am having to decline along with all the text messages I keep getting about Sherri Beasley and Ted Bud who are running my in my district, they are tied.

And while I don't know about the personal slams I have seen against Beasley, I could pick out the policy lies they leveled at her. And with Ted Bud, don't know if the personal mud thrown at him is true I know his policies he supports are a crock of shit and lies about how things work.

But my god, if I go to Youtube, I will get one of their ads on virtually every other video and as I type it, I have an ad for Ted Bud playing at the bottom of the MMO-Champion page.....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Not really primary related at this point, but honestly can't wait till the election is over just because I am tired of all the scam callers I am having to decline along with all the text messages I keep getting about Sherri Beasley and Ted Bud who are running my in my district, they are tied.

And while I don't know about the personal slams I have seen against Beasley, I could pick out the policy lies they leveled at her. And with Ted Bud, don't know if the personal mud thrown at him is true I know his policies he supports are a crock of shit and lies about how things work.

But my god, if I go to Youtube, I will get one of their ads on virtually every other video and as I type it, I have an ad for Ted Bud playing at the bottom of the MMO-Champion page.....
    You need uBlock Origin. It keeps YouTube pretty ad-free for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You need uBlock Origin. It keeps YouTube pretty ad-free for me.
    Literally every time people complain about Youtube ads, it takes me a moment to remember I have uBlock Origin and that's why I literally never see ads on the service, aside from sponsor pitches by the Youtubers I'm watching, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Literally every time people complain about Youtube ads, it takes me a moment to remember I have uBlock Origin and that's why I literally never see ads on the service, aside from sponsor pitches by the Youtubers I'm watching, at least.
    Used to have it on till I wiped my computer recently, definitely will be putting it back. Don’t mind ads so long as they aren’t repetitive or over the top and they are both.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/07/polit...ate/index.html

1 month before the Nov. 8 election, almost to the day, Herschel Walker fires his political director.

The departure of Taylor Crowe, who previously held the same role on ex-GOP Sen. David Perdue’s failed bid for Georgia governor this year, comes just weeks before Election Day in the crucial Senate contest against Democratic incumbent Raphael Warnock. With an evenly split Senate, Republicans are hoping to flip the Georgia seat as they look to take control of the chamber.
    Loser.

Kari Lake used Russia troops in her "Secure Our Border" ad.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kari-...b08e0e60773c5c

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Kari Lake used Russia troops in her "Secure Our Border" ad. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kari-...b08e0e60773c5c
    Trump approved, I'm sure.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/07/hers...port-says.html

A woman who accused Senate candidate Herschel Walker of paying for her abortion in 2009 revealed that he urged her to end a second pregnancy, The New York Times reported Friday.

The woman, who was dating Walker at the time, told the newspaper that their relationship ended after she refused to have the second abortion.

Walker, who is running to unseat Democratic incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock on a staunchly anti-abortion platform, has denied paying for an abortion in 2009. That accusation was first reported by The Daily Beast on Monday, in the final weeks leading up to the Nov. 8 midterm elections.
    Yo, Herschel Walker, "baby killer" has a bit of a ring to it, eh? Same woman who provided the receipt for her previous abortion he paid for, including his personal check to her and a "get well soon" card.

The woman, identified as a Democrat, wants Georgia voters to know how Walker has treated her, the Times reported.
    In which a pro-choice Democrat who already had an abortion is more "pro-life" than the "pro-life" candidate running for the Republican party.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/07/hers...port-says.html

Yo, Herschel Walker, "baby killer" has a bit of a ring to it, eh? Same woman who provided the receipt for her previous abortion he paid for, including his personal check to her and a "get well soon" card.

In which a pro-choice Democrat who already had an abortion is more "pro-life" than the "pro-life" candidate running for the Republican party.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/hersch...enate?ref=wrap

And more on this.

Know how Walker keeps saying that he doesn't know who the woman claiming to have had an abortion paid for by Walker, and a second child that Walker wanted to abort?

Well, that seems like another in his long list of lies...because his current wife sure seems to know who this woman is. How do we know this?

Because the woman shared texts between herself and Walkers wife with the Daily Beast.

The texts show that Blanchard initiated contact with the woman at 9:54 am on Friday to complain about this reporter investigating the existence of Walker’s children. Previously, their last text was on Aug. 30.
    But surely he takes care of the kid that she chose to keep against his desire to abort the fetus...right?

Walker has not seen their son in person for more than six-and-a-half years, the woman said. The football legend has, by her count, met his son a total of three times, which she supported with photographs. Two of those instances were related to child support hearings.
    Oh...well...uh...

I guess he's everything that Republicans claim to hate when it comes to the "destruction of the traditional family", but at the same time he's who they really want to elected to protect...traditional familes?

Yeah, I can't work that one out either.

Voters in Marjorie Taylor Greene's hometown are embarrassed by her

In a deep dive into the unlikely possibility that Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) will lose her seat in November, some voters in her highly conservative district expressed dismay that they have to admit that she is their representative in Congress.

According to the Guardian's David Smith, reporting from the controversial lawmaker's hometown of Rome, Georgia, MTG ---as the House member is commonly referred to -- is a heavy favorite to retain her seat in Congress in a district dotted with Confederate flags where "Three in four people are white and three in four voted for Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election."

With one local voter offering faint praise of the first-term lawmaker while also acknowledging she is short on being an effective lawmaker ("She puts her foot down and stands on a situation. Not backbone because she's accomplished anything but backbone because she'll stand up face to face with people") other are not as pleased.

According to two-term city commissioner Wendy Davis, Greene slipped into office because no one asked the hard questions.

"The runoff was basically who loves Trump more? Although the media and some people had dug into this QAnon mess that she was a part of, none of the other Republicans made that an issue in their primary. Nobody had said, 'She's a little out there.' Nobody had said, 'What do you mean September 11 was a fake inside job?'" she explained.

According to the Guardian's Smith, Taylor Greene is not overly popular with local GOP leadership either.

"Local Republican officials here are said to be privately dismayed by Greene's antics since she took her seat in Congress, which have included calling for Joe Biden's impeachment and prison visits to rioters arrested after the January 6 insurrection. Mirroring their national counterparts' deference to Trump, however, they mostly remain silent in public," he wrote.

Julie Svardh, 49, a local insurance agent, didn't remain silent when asked about her representative in Congress.

"I'm embarrassed to be from her district. She's a national laughingstock. The things that she says, she doesn't know basic words. She couples off with the worst people in Washington and is very annoying. She's not bright and she's a bully. She's definitely not somebody you want representing where you live," she lamented.

She elaborated, "People blindly supported Trump in this area and so anyone who supported that person just got lumped in. People didn't read a lot or really look at the details and see what people stand for."

John Bailey, the executive editor of the Rome News-Tribune is also not a fan and laid some of the blame for Taylor Greene's election on the voters in a district that has become known as a "hotbed of extremism."

"Do you have that? Yes. Is that the minority? I think so. Do you have reasonable people who don't consume good information? A lot. I'm not saying these are dumb people, I'm just saying their information consumption is habitually bad," he explained. "I have friends who are intelligent people but their information consumption habits have been bad for a long time. They don't intelligently consume media. Top that on decades of 'those politicians don't care about us', top that on 'the media is looking for an angle'."

As for why voters in the district look the other way over Taylor Greene's harsh rhetoric, Bailey offered, "They're very forgiving of gaffes and other things that they may not like because this person kind of speaks for them. The problem that you're dealing with is rooted in apathy and rooted in this feeling of not being connected or not being important or not being represented."

It's something. Not much but...

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Get Sponsor Block and you won't see those, either!

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...owns-rcna51466

The Republican pitch for the House and especially Senate seems to be, "Vote for us so we can shut the government down any time we don't get exactly what we want."

Which is, I guess, the hallmark of a good, functioning political party?

So, Tim Ryan and JD Vance went at each other over the 10-year old rape victim in Ohio debate.

Vance blamed democrats soft on immigration policy for the rape.

So I did some digging.

Per the trial of accused rapist, Gerson Fuentes, it was revealed that he has been in the country for 7 years.

Well, what did the country look like 17 years ago?

Obama was President and Hillary was vying to take over.

The 114th Congress makeup was:

Senate: Republican 54-46

House: Republican 234-201

A quick Google search shows no immigration legislation was proposed or enacted by the 114th REPUBLICANT congress.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    So, Tim Ryan and JD Vance went at each other over the 10-year old rape victim in Ohio debate.

Vance blamed democrats soft on immigration policy for the rape.

So I did some digging.

Per the trial of accused rapist, Gerson Fuentes, it was revealed that he has been in the country for 7 years.

Well, what did the country look like 17 years ago?

Obama was President and Hillary was vying to take over.

The 114th Congress makeup was:

Senate: Republican 54-46

House: Republican 234-201

A quick Google search shows no immigration legislation was proposed or enacted by the 114th REPUBLICANT congress.

Yep, JD Vance got his ass handed to him in the debate by Tim Ryan.

Well, those clips were particularly brutal. I'm sure Vance got in some good jabs, but I like Ryan's attitude. Hopefully he can get some last-minute money thrown his way, I've heard the party hasn't been throwing too much support behind him which is super frustrating.

Because holy fucking shit fuck JD Vance so much. Dude is a Thiel-installed scuzzbucket of terrible opinions and policy positions.