Thread: 2022 Midterms

Page 4 of 170 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Appreciate the in-depth explanation.
    I am not upset over him being recalled either. He would make a better public defender than DA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya sad to see CHesa got recalled. He made some genuine motion towards justice reforms, but was cartoonishly out of touch in other basic areas.

Happy that Karen Bass was able to get into a runoff. Really mad she got sand-bagged by a bunch of rich celebrity assholes. Most of whom don't even live in LA proper. Fucking clout chasers with McMansions in Malibu, Calabasas, Palmdale....

Government Affiliated Snark

Love how in America, wanting clean air and water and gun control makes you a liberal instead of it being a given that you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Love how in America, wanting clean air and water and gun control makes you a liberal instead of it being a given that you want them.
    Remember, in America, facts and education are liberal and liberals are stupid, but going with your gut and on blind faith of a specific invisible man is the smart thing but only if you pick and choose certain passages from the teachings that cause the most pain and suffering while ignoring the rest.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Ya sad to see CHesa got recalled. He made some genuine motion towards justice reforms, but was cartoonishly out of touch in other basic areas.
    Keep in mind he was recalled by 60% of 25% San Francisco voters. To 75% of San Francisco voters the issues on the ballot were of no importance. I mailed my ballot in. I know my wife did not.

As your United States Senator, I will fight to end illegal immigration and soft-on-crime policies that release dangerous, undocumented criminals into sanctuary cities.
    https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1535...b_vJKw4Ng&s=19

People! This guy will fight for you on illegal immigration.

Speaking of “illegal immigration,” Mehmet, you forgot to mention that a company owned by you and your wife’s family was fined $95 million by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement over a scheme to employ thousands of illegal immigrants — the largest fine levied in ICE history.
    https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/...dcnto7IZw&s=19

Holy bleep! I usually speak on how our government gives slaps on the wrist. This involved thousands so it might be light.

The few xenophobes we have in here, I ask again. Why do you like being conned by these people who say one thing and do the opposite? Well my first sentence is likely correct, xenophobia, bigotry and racism.

I wish people would understand they use this as a distraction, while people such as Oz have the greatest effect on employment.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    The few xenophobes we have in here, I ask again. Why do you like being conned by these people who say one thing and do the opposite? .
    I've said this before, but it's applicable here. Their sentiment ultimately boils down to "It's not about the money stopping the abortions/immigrants/vaccinations/gay marriage, it's about sending a message."

They don't care if this republican politician employed illegal immigrants. They don't care that the wall would be ineffective. They don't care if there exist ways for women to still get abortions. They care that it projects the message that they don't like these people, to cultivate an atmosphere of fear and coercion to try and make these people go away and "stop ruining their perfect image of America." What their politicians say is infinitely more important to them than what their politicians actually do.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

James Craig, shitheel GOP candidate for MI gov, has to be a write in candidate because of, wait for it, fraudulent signatures on his petition to get on the ballot. He is now investigating it claiming Dems infiltrated is signature operations and fucked him over. Probably has nothing to do with those workers don't get paid enough and are expected to hit ridiculous quotas for signatures.

But he can get fucked again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caption Contest!

Andrew Giuliani, "My parents are cousins!"

Caption Contest!

Upper-Class Twit of the Year Competition, 2022 Edition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ary-2022-5?amp

STOLEN ELECTION! We may not have gotten these claims with Cawthorn, but we're getting them with Oz since the race is so close. Love Republicans that think every race they lose is stolen and not just that their candidates are unpopular.

Edit: And to mark Cawthorn's loss, let's look at his message after his win in 2020 -

https://twitter.com/CawthornforNC/st...13315169165313

Cry more, con.
    Haha, remember when the conservatives called the liberals snowflakes that couldn't accept a loss, when we found evidence of interference in the 2016 election?

And now that conservatives are losing across the country they're crying about stolen elections.

When liberals lose and suspect foul play, they open investigations.

When conservatives lose, they won't accept anything but foul play, and will lead riots, insurrections, and kill people.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Haha, remember when the conservatives called the liberals snowflakes that couldn't accept a loss, when we found evidence of interference in the 2016 election?

And now that conservatives are losing across the country they're crying about stolen elections.

When liberals lose and suspect foul play, they open investigations.

When conservatives lose, they won't accept anything but foul play, and will lead riots, insurrections, and kill people.
    Liberals source their suspicions of foul play from multiple corroborating reports from many impartial agencies and individuals all building towards a case.

Conservatives source their suspicions of foul play from the butthurt loser saying "I didn't actually lose, trust me."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Squad-endorsed candidate in Nevada outspent her opponent by $100k and lost by 70 points. I'm starting to think maybe money doesn't buy elections.

Also, maybe guillotines are bad for campaign messaging.

The Squad-endorsed candidate in Nevada outspent her opponent by $100k and lost by 70 points. I'm starting to think maybe money doesn't buy elections.

Also, maybe guillotines are bad for campaign messaging.
    Squad-endorsed? Wasn't it just Cori Bush?

Considering liberal dark money groups spent in excess of $240k for Titus, and Titus had her own war chest of $1.2 million if things got dicey, I don't know how much $100k actual campaign-spending-difference mattered.

I think it's a pretty obvious case of "Titus never felt in danger, and $100k difference is chump change to her campaign."

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...-three-states/
    https://www.opensecrets.org/outsides...353&cycle=2022
    https://www.opensecrets.org/members-...191&cycle=2022
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

lmao when the conservative body checks the neo lib.

Republicans didn't want to certify election results because they still believe in lies about Dominion voting machines. Luckily Democrats hold more control in New Mexico and was able to shut that shit down. I do expect the Republicans are going to try to pull this shit again in other states, especially during the midterm elections and the next general election.

Under court order, GOP officials in New Mexico county certify election results

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Republicans didn't want to certify election results because they still believe in lies about Dominion voting machines. Luckily Democrats hold more control in New Mexico and was able to shut that shit down. I do expect the Republicans are going to try to pull this shit again in other states, especially during the midterm elections and the next general election.

Under court order, GOP officials in New Mexico county certify election results
    If Republicans are so convinced by all of this conspiracy bullshit that the voting machines are busted and will turn their votes into votes for democrats regardless... why are they even bothering to vote?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If Republicans are so convinced by all of this conspiracy bullshit that the voting machines are busted and will turn their votes into votes for democrats regardless... why are they even bothering to vote?
    I don't know, maybe deep down they really don't believe what they're saying. It would be nice though if their paranoia really did keep them from voting.

At this point, the US falling to fascism is a matter of WHEN, not IF.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    At this point, the US falling to fascism is a matter of WHEN, not IF.
    Man, this is a hot take. What can you offer up as proof of this statement?