Thread: 2022 Midterms

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I'm going to miss Twitter. RIP!

snip

Can surely make the argument that they were covering election news and only so much time. Look at that spike right before the election. Coincendence?
    Crime was the illegal invading migrant caravan of 2022.

All it took was Election Day eliminating the perceived political benefit of talking about crime all the time, go figure.[/URL]

Can surely make the argument that they were covering election news and only so much time. Look at that spike right before the election. Coincendence?
    I mean, violent crime was on the rise. That chart clearly says so. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean, violent crime was on the rise. That chart clearly says so. Checkmate.
    Huh?

This was segments done on Fox News. Fear mongering.

Violent crime was on the rise but again the correlation here is stoking fear.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh?

This was segments done on Fox News. Fear mongering.

Violent crime was on the rise but again the correlation here is stoking fear.
    he forgot to add the /s :P
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Accelerationism isn't a real thing.
    I don't think you are any kind of authority on what 'real things' are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    Also, "well someone's never been on Twitter".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    I was not claiming to be an authority figure and I don't think any person will ever be an authority figure in regards to what is real... Milchshake was talking about accelerationism which I view as a Marxist theory and prophecy that doesn't explain anything and it misleads people in regards to the nature of progress.

As far as the midterms I think both sides should be happy because both sides gained some form of political power. Now that the elections are over I'm also seeing more conservative leaders who recognize that their position on abortion is hurting them and that they should ease up on various religious/social issues, which is good.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/11/...blican-leader/

Outgoing LV Republican Councilwoman Michele Fiore seems lovely.

She went on a rant against Amy Tarkanian, who defeated her to be state treasurer, in front of a...somewhat receptive audience. It's uh...something, for sure.

“This girl, Miss Alcoholic that she is, this panty dropper after two shots, okay? This girl, if you want a piece of Amy, give her two shots. She’ll give it to y’all, okay?” Fiore said.
    Fuckin catty, let them claws out girl. This is highschool and you're totally part of the mean girls crew. Slay queen, slay.

Yes, there's a video of this in the link. I'm beginning to think the act is increasingly wearing thin.

- - - Updated - - -

https://newrepublic.com/post/169006/...ker-interviews

Y'all wanna watch Lindsey Graham and Herschel Walker pair up to do some interviews about Walkers campaign where Lindsey Graham does most of the talking? You're in luck, this link has it.

Weird that Graham needs to be some sort of "chaperone" for Walker during interviews as of late. Are they worried he'll go on more rambling tangents about horror movies from the 1980's?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not claiming to be an authority figure and I don't think any person will ever be an authority figure in regards to what is real... Milchshake was talking about accelerationism which I view as a Marxist theory and prophecy that doesn't explain anything and it misleads people in regards to the nature of progress.
    Oh no, Marxism. Blaming the Marxists for everything is boring old Nazi bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Oh no, Marxism. Blaming the Marxists for everything is boring old Nazi bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism
    I was not blaming Marxists as people I was saying that a Marxist idea like "accelerationism" does not really correspond to anything that exists or will happen in the real world. A good theory of societal evolution is one that explains how a society will change over time in an 'incremental' manner. Where as "accelerationism" is just some vague idea that requires a person to assume that there will be some type of magical and non-incremental change to our economic system in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not blaming Marxists as people I was saying that a Marxist idea like "accelerationism"
    The point was that it's not a "Marxist idea". That's just your own personal McCarthyist bullshit misrepresentation, because "Marxist' is a convenient dogwhistle.

7+ Year Old Account
    The point was that it's not a "Marxist idea". That's just your own personal McCarthyist bullshit misrepresentation, because "Marxist' is a convenient dogwhistle.
    Well I was trying to criticize the idea and the use of the idea, I wasn't really trying to whistle or call out for support from like-minded people. *shrug*

After reading that Wikipedia page on accelerationism I kind of get the feeling that the people who developed the idea are Luddites and techno-pessimists. Like there seems to be an implication that technology will ultimately be a de-stabilizing force and that it will destroy opportunity for humans instead of creating more opportunity for humans, which is incorrect.

I'm going to miss Twitter. RIP!

Great news everyone, "America's Crime Crisis" (trademark Fox News) is over!

All it took was Election Day eliminating the perceived political benefit of talking about crime all the time, go figure.

Here's a tweet that was linked in the comments to the tweet you linked to. A chief of police basically admits that he deliberately allowed lies about crime to be spread and now that the election is over he can give the real stats.

Now that the campaign season is over, I want to clear up the claims about Albuquerque’s crime stats. Over 5 years, overall, property and violent crime are down, thanks to the officers, detectives and professionals throughout APD.
    Formerly CrimsonKing

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was trying to criticize the idea and the use of the idea, I wasn't really trying to whistle or call out for support from like-minded people. *shrug*
    Calling it "Marxist", even if it were accurate, would be no "criticism" of the idea or its use, so you're really just admitting to bad faith and intentional bias. Literally parroting Nazi talking points.

10+ Year Old Account

As far as the midterms I think both sides should be happy because both sides gained some form of political power. Now that the elections are over I'm also seeing more conservative leaders who recognize that their position on abortion is hurting them and that they should ease up on various religious/social issues, which is good.
    Name one and link their statements.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Even though the race is close and likely to go to a recount, Adam Frisch has conceded to Boebert already...

This seems suspicious to me, if he concedes doesn't that halt the entire process? And why concede when you are so close that it sparks an automatic recount?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

it amuses me when people complain about McCarthyism that also think they see nazis everywhere.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    it amuses me when people complain about McCarthyism that also think they see nazis everywhere.
    I don't "see Nazis everywhere". But when people repeat Nazi rhetoric unapologetically, it's super easy to point that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    amusing coming from someone that sees civil war everywhere.......
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2022-11-18 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    Maybe if you'd done so it could be all blue instead of a wine-red stain. Oh well,
    A wine that's made entirely out of sour grapes. Not even surprised the copium dosage is so big he's thinking they can claw seats back, when their lead is entirely from gerrymandered district.