Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    But that is the point: If the system is hard-walled to the degree that getting ACCESS to this "few exceptions", then you can act as if you are actually quite fair even though you know full-well you don't HAVE those exceptions get held to account, much like voting cards for minorities or month-long waiting list for fiscal support for unemployment or food stamps.
    Oh, I'm fully aware. I'm just trying to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Call it morbid curiosity.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She actually specifically rejects the idea that consent can ever be revoked. Which is something date rapists would love to be true, so they can legally escape consquences for being rapist fucks, which she's implicitly supporting here.
    Every right wing slag wants to be the next Phyllis Schlafly not realising that selling your soul does not mean an exception will be made for you. You hate to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

Once again, facts don't give a single fuck about your feelings, rofl.
    Never said it was the majority.

Of course pro choice is the majority.

Abortion is what's easy. Choosing life and raising your child is hard. Most humans are selfish and self centered so yeah obviously it's going to be more popular. Particularly with young people

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I wouldn't call that movement strong at all lmao
    Could have just said Anti-Vaxx but then I think you would have agreed with them.

10+ Year Old Account

Abortion is what's easy. Choosing life and raising your child is hard. Most humans are selfish and self centered so yeah obviously it's going to be more popular. Particularly with young people
    You have clearly never known a woman who's had to have an abortion if you think it's an easy decision, habibi.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

The pro-life movement is 100% a selfish movement. It isn't about the life of the child, it is about those in the movement feeling good about themself.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

Does anyone think this guy even sees the irony between attacking me for "black-and-white thinking" after engaging in specific criticisms of every point Hawkins made against the Violinist Argument, and moments later painting all abortion-seekers with the completely manufactured, condescending, malicious broad brush he uses here?

No answer to the specific criticisms, then. Can't even defend your champion's bullshit rhetoric.

It's not all black and white. She's not Hitler. But "not as evil as Hitler" doesn't mean she's a good, honest person, either. She's actively denying the capacity to revoke consent and denying basic bodily autonomy to women all in pursuit of a religious extremist viewpoint that those she's targeting does not share. That is "evil", even if it's "not as evil as Hitler".
    Listen man a woman can fuck up her body any way she sees fit. She can get tattoos, do drugs, drink, have sex with thousands of people.

But pregnancy isn't just her body. Now we have another body that's just as human as she is. But you fail to recognize this since to you it's "just a clump of cells"

Abortion is not about freedom it's about convenience and avoiding accountability

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone think this guy even sees the irony between attacking me for "black-and-white thinking" after engaging in specific criticisms of every point Hawkins made against the Violinist Argument, and moments later painting all abortion-seekers with the completely manufactured, condescending, malicious broad brush he uses here?
    Because it's the truth.

Most abortions are from selfish convenience, not rape. It's sickening

Now we have another body that's just as human as she is.
    Really? Rip that little sucker outta there and send it on its way then. I'm sure it'll find gainful employment and housing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

To point:

Abortion is not an easy decision, and I don't know a single woman who's had the procedure who did so because they simply didn't want to 'deal with' a kid.

The same people trying to criminalize abortion are also making it impossible to afford to raise children. I know you claim that you're not that cruel, but hardly anyone else in your camp sees an issue with forcing women to carry medically nonviable pregnancies (which can lead to greater health complications to the mother, if not outright kill her in the case of septic fetuses) or simply making it more difficult to actually raise kids for people who -do- want them. It's a poverty bomb waiting to happen.

Also blaming 'the youngs' for being lazy is such a tired boomer/GenX argument I wanted to just sail passed it but JFC my dude. What are you, fifty?

How you can say something this daft while also arguing about rape is looney tunes. Skip the clown makeup today because you are the whole circus brother.
    Again, most abortions are for convinence.

And rape I agree is a valid exception.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Really? Rip that little sucker outta there and send it on its way then. I'm sure it'll find gainful employment and housing.
    Should I cart out the organ transplant bodily autonomy argument again or do we not want another six page derail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen man a woman can fuck up her body any way she sees fit. She can get tattoos, do drugs, drink, have sex with thousands of people.
    That you think those "fuck up her body" and are bad is, again, literally religious extremism.

But pregnancy isn't just her body. Now we have another body that's just as human as she is. But you fail to recognize this since to you it's "just a clump of cells"
    I've repeatedly and openly stated I'm perfectly willing to argue on the basis that the fetus is a human being*, because none of that matters in the least in the question being asked, about abortion rights.

Bodily autonomy trumps right to life in every case. Literally every single one. To enough of a degree we won't breach the bodily autonomy of a dead person to save a life. You're the one who has to convince all of us that there's a reason to change that principle. And you haven't even tried.

*it isn't, definitively. Allowing for the sake of argument is not an admission of anything.

Abortion is not about freedom it's about convenience and avoiding accountability
    That's a slanderous and malicious lie. It really is just hatred of women, for you, isn't it?

This same argument carries over to cancer, you fucking dolt.
    Lol, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's the truth.

Choosing to have an abortion because you cannot care for a potential child and do not want to subject it to the foster care system is not "selfish convenience".

And again; exactly what is your process for ensuring rape victims can access abortion in a timely fashion?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Nope, think a little harder and actually talk to people who disagree with.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

That you think those "fuck up her body" and are bad is, again, literally religious extremism.

I've repeatedly and openly stated I'm perfectly willing to argue on the basis that the fetus is a human being*, because none of that matters in the least in the question being asked, about abortion rights.

Bodily autonomy trumps right to life in every case. Literally every single one. To enough of a degree we won't breach the bodily autonomy of a dead person to save a life. You're the one who has to convince all of us that there's a reason to change that principle. And you haven't even tried.

*it isn't, definitively. Allowing for the sake of argument is not an admission of anything.

That's a slanderous and malicious lie. It really is just hatred of women, for you, isn't it?
    It doesn't trump in the case of pregnancy since pregnancy is a very very special relationship between mother and child that unfortunately modern women have been brainwashed to reject

10+ Year Old Account
    And rape I agree is a valid exception.
    So which of these is true;

A> You think a child of rape can just be straight-up killed by anyone, anywhere, at any point in their lives, and that's perfectly okay and not a crime, or
    B> You're lying when you think a fetus is a human person from birth.

One of those two things must be true if you agree that there should be exceptions for rape. I'll let you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Nope, think a little harder and actually talk to people who disagree with.
    Look it up then...

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't trump in the case of pregnancy since pregnancy is a very very special relationship between mother and child that unfortunately modern women have been brainwashed to reject
    I.e. one that cannot be quantified scientifically or explained rationally and therefore doesn't bear mentioning in this discussion because it's basically religious in nature.

Sure, Jan.