Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Wow this dystopian piece of shit law is being used pretty much exactly how I thought it would be; by spiteful dipshits to attack people they don't like.
    Hey, what a better way to get back at that bitch of an ex-wife, yaknow? Sure it doesn't fuck her over directly, but it does by proxy by fucking over her friends.

Really, this is just making petty ex-husband revenge all the easier, regardless of if the potential kid was theirs or not. Ex-wife got pregnant after marriage from another man and sought reproductive to end the pregnancy? TIME TO MAKE HER LIFE HELL BY SUING ANYONE POSSIBLY INVOLVED, BABY!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...tou-story.html

Floridians who are raped would need to show evidence of that crime if they want an exception under the Legislature’s proposed six-week abortion ban, a requirement that advocates say would traumatize victims of sexual violence even more.

Victims of rape or incest would have to provide a copy of a restraining order, police report, medical record or court document to obtain an abortion after six weeks of pregnancy. Rape and incest exceptions would end at 15 weeks of pregnancy.

The paperwork requirement would further distress rape victims, who often don’t file reports with law enforcement and the authorities, said Kim S. Ménard, a Penn State Altoona criminal justice professor who studies sexual violence.

“It is appalling,” she said. “It sets up incredible barriers. Most of the time victims don’t have the strength, given the stigma society puts on them, to come forward, period — to come forward for the most basic help.”

Jennifer Dritt, executive director of the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence, said lawmakers didn’t consult with her group representing 29 rape crisis centers across the state when crafting the bill’s language.

“It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding that most victims of sexual assault don’t report,” she said. “This exception is meaningless, and it is harmful.”
    Remember, it's not actually about re-traumatizing or punishing women who are seeking reproductive health care, that's just the result/consequence of almost every Republican bill seeking to further restrict reproductive health care for girls and women.

Once again, the very casual cruelty does indeed seem to be the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    “It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding that most victims of sexual assault don’t report,” she said. “This exception is meaningless, and it is harmful.”
    I have massive issues with pretending it's just ignorance, which causes these situations. "If only we had explained the situation more thoroughly to @tehdang, his absolutely evil party would not try to punish victims of sexual assault!"
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I have massive issues with pretending it's just ignorance, which causes these situations. "If only we had explained the situation more thoroughly to @tehdang, his absolutely evil party would not try to punish victims of sexual assault!"
    As you hint at here, you consider no explanation necessary. I, however, do not favor 6-week abortion bans as a useful compromise in today's society and culture and debate. Also, it sounds like you only think of exceptions in terms of not being wide enough, and never being narrow enough.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    As you hint at here, you consider no explanation necessary.
    If you need an explanation for "if you only allow abortion, when the woman's life is in danger, women's lives will be endangered before they can get a life-saving abortion", you're even more retarted than we all thought. Same goes for "rapes are under-reported, because revisiting the ordeal is traumatizing. Demanding proof of rape for an abortion will be traumatizing to women."
    Last edited by Mekh; 2023-03-12 at 07:43 PM.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Could you lot stop summoning the trolls to various threads? It's bad enough they're allowed to run rampant in the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Could you lot stop summoning the trolls to various threads? It's bad enough they're allowed to run rampant in the others.
    Nah, letting them pick the terms of engagement means they show up at the time of their choosing to sea-lion their carefully 4chan-brewed talking points and then disappear again, while putting them on the spot gives beautifully stupid shit to laugh at, like here.

10+ Year Old Account
    As you hint at here, you consider no explanation necessary. I, however, do not favor 6-week abortion bans as a useful compromise in today's society and culture and debate.
    A 6-week limit is in no way a "compromise". The current long-term 21-24-month limits are the "compromise", as they don't have any real objective merit; their basis is entirely an emotional appeal based on religious fascism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    A 6-week limit is in no way a "compromise". The current long-term 21-24-month limits are the "compromise", as they don't have any real objective merit; their basis is entirely an emotional appeal based on religious fascism.
    Exactly. There aren't many women who are even going to know they're pregnant at six weeks. That's like one missed/late period.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

If you need an explanation for "if you only allow abortion, when the woman's life is in danger, women's lives will be endangered before they can get a life-saving abortion", you're even more retarted than we all thought. Same goes for "rapes are under-reported, because revisiting the ordeal is traumatizing. Demanding proof of rape for an abortion will be traumatizing to women."
    Then I'll direct you to the last sentence of my previous post.

Nah, letting them pick the terms of engagement means they show up at the time of their choosing to sea-lion their carefully 4chan-brewed talking points and then disappear again, while putting them on the spot gives beautifully stupid shit to laugh at, like here.
    People both act like they deeply want comment, and then simultaneously act like contrary opinions are the last thing they need.

I repeat, they act like merely holding a contrary opinion is sufficient to justify accusations of bad-faith.

Or maybe what they actually need is more people accusing themselves (and yourself) of merely trumpeting propaganda, and bad-faith arguments, and trolling until (gasp) they realize how wearying such incessant comments are. This forum could do with four or five more right-wingers or right-of-center (American context) posters to make as frequent accusations of bad-faith trolling as are directed at themselves.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Then I'll direct you to the last sentence of my previous post.

People both act like they deeply want comment, and then simultaneously act like contrary opinions are the last thing they need.

I repeat, they act like merely holding a contrary opinion is sufficient to justify accusations of bad-faith.

Or maybe what they actually need is more people accusing themselves (and yourself) of merely trumpeting propaganda, and bad-faith arguments, and trolling until (gasp) they realize how wearying such incessant comments are. This forum could do with four or five more right-wingers or right-of-center (American context) posters to make as frequent accusations of bad-faith trolling as are directed at themselves.
    We really don’t need more trash cluttering this place up thanks.

Because that’s all your being here: lies, half truths, changed definitions, and trash.

Nobody actually cares what you have to say, that is correct. The only worth the words you type have, is to make you and yours look bad. Since you're not going to leave and the mods aren't going to remove your trolling ass, we might as well just turn you into the US-themed dribbles as a warning to everyone in the audience at risk of falling down your rabbit hole.

Nobody actually cares what you have to say, that is correct. The only worth the words you type have, is to make you and yours look bad. Since you're not going to leave and the mods aren't going to remove your trolling ass, we might as well just turn you into the US-themed dribbles as a warning to everyone in the audience at risk of falling down your rabbit hole.
    Fuckin a Cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Fuckin a Cotton.
    Dude's about two months from going full Nick Fuentes anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

We'd love to see good-faith, responsible, and objectively justifiable arguments. The problem is that right-wingers insist on presenting only arguments rooted in petty, abusive bigotries, and with a goal of inflicting suffering and hardship on innocents, and demanding consideration despite those factual and ethical failures out the gate.

You want your arguments to be given due consideration and respect? Make arguments that deserve it, because you and the rest sure the fuck haven't been.

Then that's the trouble. I believe what I say and try to compliment the posters here by believing the same to be true of them, allowing for sarcasm and some trolling like the elephant fetus in this very thread. You are unwilling or unable to do the same. So much the worse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Then that's the trouble. I believe what I say and try to compliment the posters here by believing the same to be true of them, allowing for sarcasm and some trolling like the elephant fetus in this very thread. You are unwilling or unable to do the same. So much the worse!
    When you push for things like the denial of basic self-ownership to women based on nothing but some combination of personal misogyny and/or religious fascism, yes, we're going to be unwilling to be complimentary, because the positions you're arguing for are ethically and morally monstrous.

"Nah", nobody outside this tiny microcosm on a subforum of a gaming forum even knows this troll exists or would even care if they did. Nobody is reading this forum to shape their opinions on politics. There are two types of people who come here: those who want to actively discuss what's going on and those who just want to shitpost their, as you call it, 4chan-brewed talking points. Neither are going to change their point of view, and engaging with trolls just gives them more to springboard off of. At least if nobody responded to them they'd probably be tagged for spamming eventually--because fuck knows "trolling/sealioning" doesn't appear to be an infractable offense here no matter how blindingly obvious it is.

"But if nobody refutes their lies random-ass people will come read it and think it's true!" is a fucking stupid argument I see repeated here constantly and it's just as bullshit now as it ever was. See above; nobody is coming to this tiny speck of the internet looking for political truths. EVERYONE here knows who they are and what they are and the smarter among us already has them all on ignore. Little Timmy isn't going to do a Google search on RvW, come to THIS thread and think that the comments from the obviously developmentally challenged are the ones to immediately latch onto--or in the worst case scenario that they did, they were absolutely the type who was going to come to those conclusions anyway.

"It's fun to make them look like the fools they are!" is another one I see ad nauseum. Counter-trolling is still just trolling, although even the best and brightest here fall prey to that on a near-daily basis. They don't need any help to be revealed as the dipshit assclowns they are. It's evident in practically everything they post. Proving their ignorance doesn't hurt their feelings any, because they're too fucking stupid to get that they're the joke anyway. Plenty of ways to get your lols laughing at the political reprobates in the GOP without giving F-Tier forum trolls another chance to respond. Especially when you know they'll just ignore everything you wrote anyway to post the same falsified bunch of Youtube dung they fling on a daily basis--when their favorite propagandist of choice gives them their opinions, at least.

At any rate, I'm more likely to be slapped for posting Off-Topic than they are to actually get the bans they deserve so I'll make this the last I post on it. Calling trolls in to threads they're not already actively participating in isn't the way, though. Just means it's another thread that doesn't have any useful, insightful or informative discussion for a dozen pages.

Then that's the trouble. I believe what I say.
    I'd have more respect if you were bad faith and also admitted as much, because arguing bad points in good faith just makes you look like a complete idiot. Bad faith at least implies some degree of cleverness.

I'd have more respect if you were bad faith and also admitted as much, because arguing bad points in good faith just makes you look like a complete idiot. Bad faith at least implies some degree of cleverness.
    You're digging your own grave here.

Tag me to invite comment link
    Declare it was only an exercise to avoid "4chan-brewed talking points" link
    And when called about it, declare "Nobody actually cares what you have to say, that is correct." link

If you want an example of bad-faith questioning and trolling, look in the mirror. I'm obliging you with a comment regarding abortion legislation, and you're stating for the record that this is a side exercise involving your beliefs on talking points, and you don't care what I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Counter-trolling is still just trolling, although even the best and brightest here fall prey to that on a near-daily basis.
    You're right in the sense that "You're trolling tehdang, even if you try to defend yourself as only counter-trolling."

When sincerity is mistaken, or maybe consciously mislabeled, as trolling, there is no virtue in becoming a troll to do something like "expose" him/her. You're falling into a deeply self-serving and echo-chamber trap.

So you don't think someone else holds their positions honestly, or they aren't sharing their sincere reasons for believing them. Congratulations, millions of people before you for thousands of years have thought the same thing. Are you going to ignore their political positions, and hope to find whatever country you're in thinks as you do? That's a common political response. Are you going to mock and jeer and make sarcastic riffs at them, in hopes of exposing the logical inconsistencies to the forum? Then you're engaging in behavior that will get you labeled a troll. You can't sincerely seek discussion (in this case, by username tagging) and also sincerely state that you desired nothing like discussion later.

I don't support 6-week bans + exceptions in the America we live in today, and my other interests aren't aroused by legislation seeking that end. I'm not going to dive into the abortion thread to look up such thrilling discussion like quoting a Planned Parenthood spokeswoman arguing the death penalty is implicated with cries of "So Pro-Life they'll kill you." rising from the crowd.

You're digging your own grave here.

Tag me to invite comment link
    Declare it was only an exercise to avoid "4chan-brewed talking points" link
    And when called about it, declare "Nobody actually cares what you have to say, that is correct." link
    No contradiction here. I summoned you like the little pissgoblin you are, you had nothing of value to say and we confirmed for everyone again that this is what you stand for, which is why anything you write can be instantly discarded. I mean, I certainly -do- have questions, like why you would hitch your wagon to such a despicable ideology, but I expect your story to be as boring as that of Cizr, Thwart, Connal and every other fascist that has risen and fallen on this forum.

EDIT: and before you try and weasel out of it: It is what you stand for, because as you said: you're certainly not gonna bother and check out the thread to denounce legislation brought on by your party.
    Last edited by Mekh; 2023-03-13 at 06:51 PM.