Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Just date a cop.
    Say no to bestiality.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Barring rape, you gave consent when you went through the mating process and then allowed it keep forming despite things like the morning after pill.
    Something you don't actually believe since you've repeatedly felt the need to add "at that stage" as a qualifier to your arguments about when you think abortion should be permissible.

Also: consent is not a one and done deal. You can decide to withhold it even if previously expressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Say no to bestiality.
    You'll date that cop or he'll date you dammit.

Removing by what methods? If you consider a fetus a person then surely sucking it out piece by piece is a violation.

Injecting digoxin into a baby at 25 weeks is also surely a violation as well.
    I'll just post this again, though if you had any genuine interest, you could have easily found these things on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Well said. Here's an expert on the matter:

"Here are my credentials:

I am an OB/GYN board certified in two countries. I did a 5 year residency in which I trained to do abortion up to about 24-25 weeks. I developed other skills after residency out of necessity. I have been an OB/GYN for 28 years and, including my residency, I provided abortion services for 16 of those years.
    I have not provided abortion services for the past 13 years.

For 3-4 of the 6 years that I practiced in Kansas there was no gestational age limit. I could let you put two and two together, but as there is so much abortion misinformation I’m going to spell it out. That means I could have done an abortion at any gestational age — even right up to the due date.

No one ever called me to terminated a healthy pregnancy or even a pregnancy with minor abnormalities. First of all, with no indication insurance won’t pay so it is $20k cash.

Also, WTF people? Do some of you really think women wander aimlessly through pregnancy wondering what they have forgotten and then at 37 weeks finally figure out why their pants are so tight and say, “Oh, THAT’S what I forgot to do 29 weeks ago. Pregnancy brain, Duh!” Then grab $20k from their mad money jar and head off the local abort-and-go?

The only case I know of was a 12 year-old girl raped by her brother. She had to travel from another state and I believe she was about 32 weeks (I did not do her procedure). It was done that late because it took that long to get the court order. If the legal system were actually protecting her she could have had the procedure at 8 or 9 weeks. If her parents were actually protecting her should would not havebeen raped. If this is the case that is going to put you up in arms then you are a terrible person. No 12 year-old girl should be forced to give birth to her 17 year-old brother’s baby.

Ever.

Why are you harping on about 24 weeks?

Viability is largely accepted at 24 weeks, but sometime at 23 weeks it looks like there might be a 10% chance of survival. Sometimes at 25 weeks there is no chance of survival. That is why you go to OB/GYN or pediatrics school, to learn when a fetus has a chance after birth (and what painful interventions that chance might take). And you also learn (or should learn) to discuss it in a way that your own personal beliefs STAY THE HELL AWAY.

In general, we will offer a c-section at 24 weeks, but if look promising at 23 weeks and 2 days and based on the patient’s wishes we may offer one that early. There are times at 25 or even 26 weeks where we recommend against a c-section and an abortion is offered.

How many women have abortions after 24 weeks?

Very few.

Only 1.3% of the 638,169 abortions that happen each year in the United States occur at or after 21 weeks — so approximately 8,000. As I am an expert I can tell you most of these procedures happen before 24 weeks. Most are for fetal anomalies (birth defects) and maternal health, but a few are maternal request.

A couple of years ago I took a deep dive into how any abortions at or after 24 weeks occur. I looked at the states that had no gestational age limit and the best estimate I have (this data is not tracked by the CDC) is there are about 1,100-1,200 abortions at 24 weeks onwards in the United States. Maybe the New York law will add a few to this number? Although they will likely not be additional, my guess is it will be women who now do not have to travel to New Jersey.

Women just don’t skip down to their doctor for 35 week pleasure abortions."

More here: https://drjengunter.com/2019/01/29/a...wise-is-wrong/

It's the favorite ground the radical right likes to keep the conversation on--pitting the bad selfish woman against the innocent fetus, but the conversation should always be steered back where it belongs, to the problem of the government imposing itself on our most personal decisions, and substituting its will for the woman's and its sorry excuse for expertise for the doctor's.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Barring rape, you gave consent when you went through the mating process and then allowed it keep forming despite things like the morning after pill.
    Consent can be withdrawn. This has never been a valid argument. Its just straight misogyny.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Something you don't actually believe since you've repeatedly felt the need to add "at that stage" as a qualifier to your arguments about when you think abortion should be permissible.

Also: consent is not a one and done deal. You can decide to withhold it even if previously expressed.
    Oh Elegiac one day I'll tell you what I believe.

you gave consent when you went through the mating process
    Broskito, people fuck for fun all the time. Like, all the time. And that's perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, birth control isn't always 100% effective, or sometimes people do shady as fuck stuff.

and then allowed it keep forming despite things like the morning after pill.
    This assumes A LOT

A) That the individual has immediate suspicions of pregnancy despite birth control
    B) The woman notices her missed period immediately and seeks medical consultation
    C) The woman has access to options to end a pregnancy early or reproductive health care, which is not remotely "standard" depending on which state you live in.
    D) That the woman has been educated about reproductive health care, and their rights, and is not in an abusive relationship where she fears harm from her partner

I could go on here, but this argument is essentially presuming a reality that doesn't exist for the vast majority of women. Even in states where access to this care will remain protected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Elegiac one day I'll tell you what I believe.
    Oh, okay; so can I just assume all the bullshit you've been posting in this thread is just devil's advocacy, then? Rofl.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I'm patiently waiting for any religious organization that isn't explicitly (evangelical) Christian to bring a case for the religious right to an abortion to become national news.

I simply cannot wait to see the reactions then
    This has already happened, and so has this:

https://twitter.com/MaxKennerly/stat...BK-npMerBohf2g

"The Federalist Society law professors have already started previewing their answer: there is only one sincere religion, conservative Christianity, and everything else is merely a hobby."

This Court has amply demonstrated it doesn't give a ripe flying fuck about precedent, consistency, or coherent legal theory. They are thoroughly corrupt ideologues who will do and say whatever suits them because fuck you they can.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Oh, okay; so can I just assume all the bullshit you've been posting in this thread is just devil's advocacy, then? Rofl.
    Tug of war isn't fun if one side wins!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Broskito, people fuck for fun all the time. Like, all the time. And that's perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, birth control isn't always 100% effective, or sometimes people do shady as fuck stuff.

This assumes A LOT

A) That the individual has immediate suspicions of pregnancy despite birth control
    B) The woman notices her missed period immediately and seeks medical consultation
    C) The woman has access to options to end a pregnancy early or reproductive health care, which is not remotely "standard" depending on which state you live in.
    D) That the woman has been educated about reproductive health care, and their rights, and is not in an abusive relationship where she fears harm from her partner

I could go on here, but this argument is essentially presuming a reality that doesn't exist for the vast majority of women. Even in states where access to this care will remain protected.
    Anytime I nutted in a girl we went to a pharmacy and got the pill. No need to worry about periods and shit then. I mean being cream pied should arouse suspicion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tug of war isn't fun if one side wins!
    Uh huh.

You do realise this is an actual issue which impacts the lives of millions of women and that treating it as fodder for trolling is both tacky and immature, yeah?

Uh huh.

You do realise this is an actual issue which impacts the lives of millions of women and that treating it as fodder for trolling is both tacky and immature, yeah?
    I do and it's best for everyone if neither side has a total victory. Roe should stand with some light restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do and it's best for everyone if neither side has a total victory. Roe should stand with some light restrictions.
    So in your view, women aren't deserving of equal rights, and it's just a question of how much we get to restrict their freedoms?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do and it's best for everyone if neither side has a total victory.
    It's best in your opinion, an opinion which you refuse to actually justify.

Imagine being this dense. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So in your view, women aren't deserving of equal rights, and it's just a question of how much we get to restrict their freedoms?
    This horseshit kinda speaks for itself:

I mean being cream pied should arouse suspicion.

Anytime I nutted in a girl we went to a pharmacy and got the pill. No need to worry about periods and shit then. I mean being cream pied should arouse suspicion.
    Body pillows can't get pregnant.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Body pillows can't get pregnant.
    I guess you finally figured that out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You've said it before that rights can have restrictions.

I guess you finally figured that out.
    That you are a troll whose words should not be taken at face value? Yeah. tbh it's kinda amazing how Endus and Elegiac still pretend like you should be taken seriously.

That you are a troll whose words should not be taken at face value? Yeah. tbh it's kinda amazing how Endus and Elegiac still pretend like you should be taken seriously.
    How many times did you hump a body pillow before you came up with that wisdom earlier?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It is what ? 60/40 ? I do not call that "wide" majority. 80/20 would be wide majority.

- - - Updated - - -

At some point, there was slavery because it was deemed acceptable. Then mentality evolved, changed followed etc... Those things take times.
    Now you're just being unreasonable. You are far more likely to get riots over roe being overturned.

Endus is right however. And edge also pointed out you could compromise on slavery...but that ain't a compromise thats just slavery still. In the same way only permitting some abortions isn't a compromise, its still just treating woman as second class citizens.

Should also ask yourself what benefit is it to compromise with people who won't be satisfied and will merely stab you in the back. Ask Obama...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2022-06-27 at 10:22 PM.

How many times did you hump a body pillow before you came up with that wisdom earlier?
    Not sure you are in any position to poke fun, considering you went and got Plan B for yours.