Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So are you pro 9 month abortions then?????
    In your case, I'm pro-abortion right now...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why is an 8 month old a no go?
    Because terminating the pregnancy at that point is called 'induced birth', you muppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It's important to note that if republicans gain full control again they will remove the filibuster and ban abortion nationwide.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol what???? You know that's not what I mean, sit down...
    One achieved their highest calling, the other did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Calm down there Tywin Lannister.

No, the meaning of life is whatever mean I decide my life has. And that meaning doesn't revolve around my genitals. You're reducing women to brood mares. Women are just as capable as men as having whatever meaning they see fit for their lives and whether or not that involves reproduction is their own personal choice.

Women are not walking uteruses.
    No sorry, but that is the meaning of life plain and simple. You silly little hopes and dreams ultimately don't mean shit to this planet. Just what your able to carry in with offspring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still maintain that this will likely hurt the republicans in the mid-term elections.

Conservatives, mainly the evangelicals finally got what they wanted. They don't have anything to compel them to the polls. The "baby killerz" argument is gone.

And now the democrats are enraged and likely to turn out more than before.

There is still a lot of wild cards with inflation, gas prices, etc...so it'll be interesting to see how this impacts things. I do think giving your base what they want often has the reverse effect for elections.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Again how killing some guy different than a 5,month old.. especially when an 8 month old is a no go?

Please answer that
    We are talking fetuses. Why do you insist on changing the subject to infanticide? No one is killing 5 month old babies.

Please educate yourself and then rejoin the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    One achieved their highest calling, the other did not.
    And guess what the Dr might not have any kids and there dies all their effort.

The shitty parents might have kids who beat the odds and become successful and have kids of their own who possible benefit mankind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I still maintain that this will likely hurt the republicans in the mid-term elections.

Conservatives, mainly the evangelicals finally got what they wanted. They don't have anything to compel them to the polls. The "baby killerz" argument is gone.

And now the democrats are enraged and likely to turn out more than before.

There is still a lot of wild cards with inflation, gas prices, etc...so it'll be interesting to see how this impacts things. I do think giving your base what they want often has the reverse effect for elections.
    The midterms are 4 months too far for this to matter much, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol what???? You know that's not what I mean, sit down...
    That is 100% what you mean. If you don't want those implications drawn then maybe use your words better.
    Forum badass alert:

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

The shitty parents might have kids who beat the odds and become successful and have kids of their own who possible benefit mankind.
    Exactly, so you value the child beater above the doctor. We know, but apparently you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    We are talking fetuses. Why do you insist on changing the subject to infanticide? No one is killing 5 month old babies.

Please educate yourself and then rejoin the discussion.
    I'm not sure exactly what the line is but it's not pretty, and if it is possible then it happens.

This is so far from reality it's shocking.

Exactly, so you value the child beater above the doctor. We know, but apparently you didn't.
    No I value the potential of the wife beaters kids in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Again, it's fairly telling that he doesn't mention Loving v. Virginia in said list.

Nothing cures one's impostor syndrome more quickly than looking at how most of our SCOTUS judges are absolutely conceited idiots. Rofl.
    "Oh shit, this one actually applies to me and would put my marriage in jeopardy. Can't have that."

I'm not sure exactly what the line is but it's not pretty, and if it is possible then it happens.
    So basis in fact or reality, just hunches.

Summarily dismissed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Again, it's fairly telling that he doesn't mention Loving v. Virginia in said list.

Nothing cures one's impostor syndrome more quickly than looking at how most of our SCOTUS judges are absolutely conceited idiots. Rofl.
    You can't even argue about 'legal precedent' anymore because these dipshits don't apparently give a shit about it. All those decisions are now up in the air because of a fundimentalist controlled majority on our courts and it's absolutely fucking frustrating that there's no reasonable thing anyone can even do about it. Unless Thomas goes the way of Scalia sometime in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    The midterms are 4 months too far for this to matter much, imo.
    I think you underestimate the rage this will cause in democratic women. And, frankly, even some suburban republican women. It's a nasty little secret that many many abortions are done to white married women.
    Forum badass alert:

Not going to work out as they hope.

The Army and Air Force was already talking about moving people out of states like this because it will impact military readiness. This will drastically speed that up and cost them billions in revenue.

Canada and Mexico have both stated that if Americans need one, they will allow them to cross their borders to get one.

Over 100 companies have stated that they will pay to have their employees leave the state to get it done if they choose.

Any state that outlaws it will have their drug dealers immediately stock up on Morning After pills and if they ban birth control those dealers will have a new best selling product.

You will also see stores selling it pop up just outside the borders of those states selling them like North Carolina had with fireworks. Got a store named "South of the Border" that sells fireworks that pretty much anyone over the age of 16 knows of just by name alone. Would see similar selling birth control and abortion medicines.

But, the GOP just lost a political football now that RvW is gone while lighting a fire under the butts of other voters and many of the women in those states will smile to their husband saying they voted one way while secretly voting the other due to this.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Just proudly displaying your ignorance of the topic while continuing to talk about something you don't understand but have strong feelings about.

Feels over reals is really the mantra of the modern conservative movement/Republican party.